The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Hurricanes trade Ethan Bear, Lane Pederson to Canucks for 2023 5th-round pick

2 hours ago, Live like a Canuck! said:

These statements are articulated incorrectly. Too often we misinterpret this information as “by chance”. It is not by chance. It is the average ratio of drafted to success of more than 99 games. The data may suggest that 15% of all 5th round picks have success of 99 or more games. (Disclaimer:  I don not deny or confirm the numbers provided above.)

‘But not all teams are equal. Some have a vastly superior process, understanding, …BETER TALENT at assessing and different team processes for nurturing their players. This is dependant on team values, capacity, talent, management, coaching, facilities, and many other contributing factors that make success conducive within their respective environments for player development. I would suspect that some teams far exceed this 15% success ratio from their draft past the 4th round?.  Does Anyone have any data to support? -Much appreciated.

Dude I was being facetious. 

1 hour ago, Petey_BOI said:

Saskatoon has great People there. Literally the kindest folk i have met. Small town mind.

Love Saskatoon and other small towns on the prairies.  Moose Jaw and Brandon are great too.  Like Nanton too.  Don’t know why exactly, but like it.  War plane museum maybe?  

3 hours ago, chon derry said:

I never understood why hunters bid wasn’t Regina. That may have flown. Looking at the reluctant stance the nhl had in giving Winnipeg’s resurrection.as it turned out it seemed to have blown up in Bettmans  face.  

Pretty sure that's something he likes..

Ever seen him on drag day; I mean draft day when he is so coquettish?

I don't think Regina would work as well as Saskatoon.

Toon has the capital, the location (realtor: location, loc etc)

Really puts themselves on the map; and Sask fans are gonna support it like you've never seen.

Just now, Goal:thecup said:

I gotta go get a pair of Depends.

Oh, oh, fuck, I'm gonna piss myself!

"Ripped Native American Ram Man (giggling again)

Wearing a kilt (fuck me up funny)

And standing in the snow!

Ha ha ha ha ha!!

And then the Rare Scottish Haida declaring everything I said INVALID!

The scot Haida thing is true. @smithers joe can attest 

• There it is 1

3 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Ok, at first I was wtf, but then realized I should look it up; but I'm still recovering from terminal giggling.

I are just an ex truck driver  Before I hockey real good eh! :towel:

Edited by chon derry
  • Haha 1