The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Pittsburgh Penguins at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 28, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

So how do you propose we *dump* boeser? Attach a 1st round pick? No one will touch that even with a 1st rounder with 2more years after this. Like you guys keep saying how bad useless etc he is.. so other teams are blind? They don’t see the same thing we see? This is not an expiring contract people need to stop thinking you can magically just dump almost 7mil for multiple years on to other teams.. you guys can’t keep trashing on a guy and then at the same time say some other team could use him lol. A team as bad as the canucks are right now is too good for him.. so what team is desperate for boeser? You are attaching multiple pucks and or prospect just to move 2 years of boeser. 

Maybe... possibly, but still something has hot to give. 

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Soooo.....what are everyone's suggestions for the parade route? B)

Much as I liked 'that guy's map of the route, I feel The Stanley Cup should go to Stanley Park.

Let's remind the world where the cup came from as well as where it belongs.

It was taken from us over 100 years ago (less if you count the Victoria Cougars) and the sooner it comes home the better.

And this time, let's keep it here!

Lord Stanley:  (looks a bit like Miller.. woooo - oooo) (happier tho, lol)

image.jpeg.36763b440af72e579589e91cc81f6296.jpegThe Stanley Cup's Namesake Produced a Great Trophy. Not Much Else. - The  New York Times

Vancouver Icons: Lord Stanley Statue

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

It's not very well written, but I understood that to mean Makar gets tons of power play, the implication being Chatfield doesn't. That said I basically agree and these early season statistical quirks tend to even out eventually.

Ahhh, that makes more sense. I just have a bad reading level I guess. Lol. But yeah, his shots a game mean nothing to me if it equates to no goals or even points for him. Nice that he's active, but eh. He's not dominating like the article makes him out to be.

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Why??? Even Mystic Meg in the management group wouldn't have been able foresee this... he was nowhere good enough while here. 

Lets get the knives out if there's a chance kinda article. 

Thanks for posting though @-Vintage Canuck- as always. Keep up the good work :goat:

Like another poster pointed out the Canes play a style of game perfect for Chatflied. Plus better overall group of defencise men and he is on top of his game. Bear is still the better overall D man though. 

Edited by vancan2233
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

For sure you will  meet him when he comes back to the Canucks to coach them to a CUP. His gig in Montreal is just for experience. Does anyone really think he is finished here? He promised us a CUP and Burr is no quitter. One of the best who ever wore a Canuck uniform.

Sign me up Bouds! I like what you’re drinkin ;)

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, vancan2233 said:

Like another poster pointed out the Canes play a style of game perferct for Chatflied. Plus better overall group of defencise men and he is on top of his game. Bear is still the better overall D man though. 

Its more that its a 'fishing' tweet, to belittle whom ever made the decisiin to let Chartfield go... at the time, nobody gave it a seconf though to see the back of him. 
Happy for Chartfield but not looking back in anger that he were let go...

Cheers Vancan. 

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Start at Terry Fox Statue. Down Robson to Denman. Right on Denman across to West Georgia. Parade formation to Lord Stanley's Statue.

Party like it's 1999.

Yeah, I like this.

[Evil me thinks we should start on Young Street, Downtown Trawnah, Center of the Universe and party like we're from BC, just for the laughs.]

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aliboy said:

I agree that Rathbone is benefiting from Hughes being out, at times he looks like he's all over the ice out there!!

Lots of them found their game. 

In a way it might be good Quinn's been playing hurt or out a lot so far. Sure, they didn't get off to a good start but maybe they'd become too dependent on Quinn and needed to find their way without him, which they did in spades last night. 

Now when he returns it will be genius added to a strong and unified base. 

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Its more that its a 'fishing' tweet, to belittle whom ever made the decisiin to let Chartfield go... at the time, nobody gave it a seconf though to see the back of him. 
Happy for Chartfield but not looking back in anger that he were let go...

Cheers Vancan. 

True, but players all the time suck(Chat was ok) or do nothing on one team and play solid for another team. It's early , but right now Chatfield has earned the praise for his performance. Whether or not if that was the reasoning behind the tweet. 

7 minutes ago, vancan2233 said:

True, but players all the time suck(Chat was ok) or do nothing on one team and play solid for another team. It's early , but right now Chatfield has earned the praise for his performance. Whether or not if that was the reasoning behind the tweet. 

Absolutely right, Don't disagree with the praise for his performances...

The headline is  ' Reading a piece on the biggest surprises in the NHL so far this season and seeing the back-to-back is very trippy from a Canucks perspective'....

Forgive me, but that smells like fishing for controversy to me... 

Happy for Chartfield, but there was nothing wrong with the move made at the time.

Edited by spook007

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Absolutely right, Don't disagree with the praise for his performances...

The headline is  ' Reading a piece on the biggest surprises in the NHL so far this season and seeing the back-to-back is very trippy from a Canucks perspective'....

Forgive me, but that smells like fishing for controversy to me... 

Happy for Chartfield, but there was nothing wrong with the move made at the time.

Yes Chatfield was low on the depth chart for the Canucks. Yes the tweet was looking for controversy for sure. 

• Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, vancan2233 said:

Like another poster pointed out the Canes play a style of game perfect for Chatflied. Plus better overall group of defencise men and he is on top of his game. Bear is still the better overall D man though. 

I just want to remind people that Chatfield mostly played on the Canucks during the Covid disaster season where our entire club sucked.  

He was dropped into a dire situation and got no support from teammates.  I really liked Chatfield because he was physical and tough to play against, and also a good skater.  

I am surprised that he is doing THIS well.  

27 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I just want to remind people that Chatfield mostly played on the Canucks during the Covid disaster season where our entire club sucked.  

He was dropped into a dire situation and got no support from teammates.  I really liked Chatfield because he was physical and tough to play against, and also a good skater.  

He was a tire-fire here.  I dont ever recall a dman playing that bad.   Theres no way we were going to keep him. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

he has great partners to pair with. 

• Upvote 1