The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boeser (Van-NJ)

JM_

With the new Russian additions it appears that Brock is the most likely F to move out for much needed cap space next season. Brock's struggles to stay healthy lowers his value. But a team may still want to bet on him.

Serevalli mused last year that NJ might be a good destination for Brock, and they do need more scoring.

To NJ: Boeser

To Van: 2023 5th, 2024 2nd, Bahl, Tatar (to make the cap work now and he's a UFA next season)

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

26 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I would think that unless we can pump Brocks tires to that of a $6m player any offers for him will be more underwhelming than this. 

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat. 

I think being pals with the Hughes boys could play into it a bit. 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, iinatcc said:

At this point I think Boesser is probably worth a 2nd round pick to most teams

I don’t know about that. I think this is a biased Canucks fan opinion. Because he hasn’t played to our standards or whatever

Boeser is a 60 point player. Basically on par with his contract. Also I’m sure there are lots of teams that would take a chance on him. A change of scenery can do wonders 

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

I don’t know about that. I think this is a biased Canucks fan opinion. Because he hasn’t played to our standards or whatever

Boeser is a 60 point player. Basically on par with his contract. Also I’m sure there are lots of teams that would take a chance on him. A change of scenery can do wonders 

he is, but he's also shown its hard for him to stay healthy, at least here. Maybe that changes under a different coach/system.

I'm just trying to figure out a realistic trade value for Brock. Someone on our F group has to go for next season, and Garland is just so much better defensively. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, JM_ said:

he is, but he's also shown its hard for him to stay healthy, at least here. Maybe that changes under a different coach/system.

I'm just trying to figure out a realistic trade value for Brock. Someone on our F group has to go for next season, and Garland is just so much better defensively. 

In a perfect world Boeser is traded for Something you mentioned. Horvat is re-signed. Kuzmenko resigned.

Myers, Pearson moved at deadline if we are out. Keep till summer if we are in.

We’ll get a good player at draft where we pick

FA defencemen.

Johansson is on the team next year

Keep on keeping on 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, JM_ said:

With the new Russian additions it appears that Brock is the most likely F to move out for much needed cap space next season. Brock's struggles to stay healthy lowers his value. But a team may still want to bet on him.

Serevalli mused last year that NJ might be a good destination for Brock, and they do need more scoring.

To NJ: Boeser

To Van: 2023 5th, 2024 2nd, Bahl, Tatar (to make the cap work now and he's a UFA next season)

Try maybe Nashville and the Islanders as potential destinations as well. Either team could be a fit for him on their rosters.

That said, Boeser needs to get healthy first (thinking he came back too soon after surgery) and pot some actual goals before we move him. While I don't think he's worthless and likely to cost us us to move him, like some here.... Showing be can still be productive sure wouldn't hurt his trade value.

• Vintage 2

36 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Try maybe Nashville and the Islanders as potential destinations as well. Either team could be a fit for him on their rosters.

That said, Boeser needs to get healthy first (thinking he came back too soon after surgery) and pot some actual goals before we move him. While I don't think he's worthless and likely to cost us us to move him, like some here.... Showing be can still be productive sure wouldn't hurt his trade value.

I agree that this is not the time to trade Brock.  Once he's 100% healthy, I can see Garland and Brock sharing

the spot on Horvat's line.  Give him lots of PP time as well.  They have to maintain Pete's line, as they are

playing really well together.

There's not a lot of teams looking for a RW, but LA and Boston could use a 2RW to complete their teams.

• Cheers 1

It's an interesting proposal, I don't think the value is far off. I do question his fit in Jersey though, they've got a few cap questions coming their way. The biggest of which is Bratt, who bet on himself and who will be an RFA at the end of the season. He's off to a helluva start and could probably get 3M on top of what he's making now if he continues. 

They'll also need to replace Severson, who I think they either trade or allow to walk. With Hamilton and Marino on their right side with Severson he's a bit of a luxury. Seems inevitable he'll be traded, hard to say what they take back though in terms of picks, prospects, of NHL players. There's the possibility they replace him internally with Nemec, Hughes, or someone else though so maybe that frees up cap for Boeser. Maybe not though as Nemec has a bonus laden ELC as a 2OA, Hughes will likely be the same once signed. 

They also have a handful of UFA's and RFA's to either re-sign or replace, one of which is Sharingovich who'll be due for a raise if he continues to build on what he did last season. But they'll also have cap freed up by means of Bernier and Johnsson. 

It's really hard to say, lot of moving parts regarding Jersey's cap, if they think they could make it work I could see them possibly being interested in beefing up their wing position. But I'm not sure they'll be looking to take on 6.6M before they know what they'll have to pay Bratt, and I think signing Bratt will be their big priority going forward. 

Bottom line is if Brock is to be traded we'll need to get him producing, we'll need him to be scoring goals because that's how you sell Boeser, as a goal scorer. 6.6M isn't a small number to take on for most teams, he needs to demonstrate that he's worth it.