The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New Jersey Devils at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 01, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

16 minutes ago, VanCan2023 said:

Remember...Bedard is not, nor will ever be McDavid. No cup in Edmonton, a lesser version will not guarantee success here either. 

That is a dumb measuring stick… nothing is a “guarantee” of success.  

What is more likely to result in success is the grown up decision.  Tinkering around a little bit with a roster that can’t make the playoffs isn’t a realistic sway to win a Stanley Cup.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, Provost said:

What is more likely to result in success is the grown up decision.  Tinkering around a little bit with a roster that can’t make the playoffs isn’t a realistic sway to win a Stanley Cup.

I hope we lose the next 6 in a row and get the tear down started! I’m so done already and I have tickets for later in December!! Ugh!!

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

7 minutes ago, VanCan2023 said:

Well they have the 2 best players in the world, and was released on Tuesday they have moved ahead of Vancouver as the 3rd most profitable NHL Canadian team. Just so you know before you keep dissing more successful organizations. 

it's pretty sad if you gone thru the amount of 1st overall picks the edmonton went thru to get where they are at and magically gifted mcdavid jumping up 3 spots in the lottery. they easily coulda been still rebuilding lol so i wouldn't call them a more successful organization.. the success came from mcdavid who was gifted by bettman. campbell sucking already and they still don't have a defence. they'll be more successul than the leafs coz the pacific is trash lol if they are in toronto's division they probably be out in the 1st round every year just lke the laffs.

@VanCan2023

also historically the best players like 90% of the time always get a cup. sooner or later mcdavid will get his. No doubt he will demand a trade in his final year, thats the year he wins.

https://www.stadiumtalk.com/s/best-nhl-players-no-stanley-cups-6b111ea7abeb4bf1

they left off Jumbo

Edited by Petey_BOI
formatting
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Provost said:

Never once implied that i'm for putting a bandage on and "tinkering" with this current team. Sometimes getting a generational pick is a Mckinnon, or a McDavid/Matthews. Its the whole team that gets the cup, not the one talent. 

14 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

@VanCan2023

also historically the best players like 90% of the time always get a cup. sooner or later mcdavid will get his. No doubt he will demand a trade in his final year, thats the year he wins.

they left off Jumbo

I am really surprised they put Subban on that list!

• Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

@VanCan2023

they left off Jumbo

Also the way they ranked the list was pretty silly...at least they got the last guy right .. Dionne was still incredible a few years after both he and Lafleur were retired at old timer games (when they both didn't look any different then their last couple years) ... a lot better then Lafluer anyways.   Anyways ... yes Jumbo should be on that list, and a lot higher up ... and didn't see Luongo on it either, yet Joseph, Lundqvist etc made the cut. 

Just now, Westcoasting said:

I am really surprised they put Subban on that list!

Yes they did a crap job ... they got most of the names right, the order wasn't very good.   Just someone who looks at numbers kind of ... seemed to know some things about some players.   But ... Subban hasn't done anything compared to these guys lol... 

• There it is 1

3 hours ago, JayDangles said:

Before everyone totally blasts the nucks... Keep in mind the Devil's are a very good team and leading the league in a lot of areas at both ends of the ice including goaltending.

But Miller sucks this year... People can rip on him all they want

You lost me at goaltending. That is their biggest problem. 

6 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

yeah, he was good for like 5 years. 

That's about it...had one great season, and one more very good one.   Weber should for sure be on the list before Subban,  Price too and that's just guys who also played on the Habs during his career lol.   Burns too.   Wilson too. Especially Wilson though, one of the best D's of his era.  

11 minutes ago, IBatch said:

That's about it...had one great season, and one more very good one.   Weber should for sure be on the list before Subban,  Price too and that's just guys who also played on the Habs during his career lol.   Burns too.   Wilson too. Especially Wilson though, one of the best D's of his era.  

Wilson for sure, I forgot about him, funny right away I thought of Weber as well.

• Cheers 1