The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tank Hard for Bedard - Playoff chances are already Slim

Rate this topic

Provost

14 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Was trading Mott last year considered a sellers move or not really ? If we werent selling, why did we sell Mott ? If we were selling, why didn't we sell more than Mott ?

Motte was a pending UFA they couldn't come to a new deal with. After moving Motte they added Dermott. The only real reason to move players under contract beyond the end of the season was if the offer was just too good to pass up. 

• Tanks a lot 1

Only two games on the out of tank scoreboard tonight.

Pens @ Sens

Stars @ Sharks

Not expecting a good night. I highly doubt either of those two win tonight.

Tomorrow night on the other hand could be a good one.

Panthers @ Canadiens

Blackhawks @ Flyers

Ducks @ Blue Jackets 

Caps @ Coyotes

• Tanks a lot 1

6 minutes ago, IBatch said:

New odds - took me 14 tries - every single other time we slipped one or two spots.  

Which is why it’s important we get to 4th or 5th at least.

One spot drop and we still have a shot at Michkov or Carlsson. Just need one team to reach a bit.

• Tanks a lot 1

28 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Which is why it’s important we get to 4th or 5th at least.

One spot drop and we still have a shot at Michkov or Carlsson. Just need one team to reach a bit.

We’ll have to be lucky to move up…. Looking at the majority of the teams below us, they have very, very tough schedules ahead. I dont see any of them passing us

• Tanks a lot 1

18 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Tomas Drance made a good point that might cause Vancouver to bump in the standings

According to him Canucks have the 3rd easiest schedule which might cause Vancouver to move up the standings sadly

Define easy?

This team could lose to any team in the league the way they’re playing right now.

Also all the easy games are after the deadline. If management can jettison some guys our chances of winning will go way down.

Take Horvat, Kuzmenko, Schenn, and maybe even Boeser off the roster and replace them with plugs.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Tanks a lot 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Define easy?

This team could lose to any team in the league the way they’re playing right now.

Losing Horvat also is gonna be felt. 

He handles a lot of responsibility, takes half our draws and provides a lot of goals.

Possession numbers are gonna go down and we see goals happen off won or lost faceoffs on a game to game basis, offense and defence will suffer.

• Tanks a lot 1

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Losing Horvat also is gonna be felt. 

He handles a lot of responsibility, takes half our draws and provides a lot of goals.

Possession numbers are gonna go down and we see goals happen off won or lost faceoffs on a game to game basis, offense and defence will suffer.

Exactly. I added that after.

Not to mention Schenn who plays some important minutes for us. And possibly even Kuzmenko and Boeser gone will hurt our goals for.

If our goals against stay the same and our offense goes down I don’t see how we’re winning many games. Unless Demko comes back and plays lights out, but management needs to limit that from happening.

• Tanks a lot 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Exactly. I added that after.

Not to mention Schenn who plays some important minutes for us. And possibly even Kuzmenko and Boeser gone will hurt our goals for.

If our goals against stay the same and our offense goes down I don’t see how we’re winning many games. Unless Demko comes back and plays lights out, but management needs to limit that from happening.

I am not sure how management expects to quickly turn this around when we're gonna have to gut the team then rely on free agency after they've pull some of this crap.

Potentially handicapping yourself going into free agency with preceding negative PR from the following season. Not really an attractive look. 

Add losing all those guys on top of the season too for the remaining players. Danger territory that mangement forced themselves into with player moral likely at an all-time low with this group.

I am not sure how they fix this mess. 

• Tanks a lot 1

20 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Define easy?

Also all the easy games are after the deadline. If management can jettison some guys our chances of winning will go way down.

Take Horvat, Kuzmenko, Schenn, and maybe even Boeser off the roster and replace them with plugs.

Well we just made it through the murderer's row of Florida, Tampa, Carolina, Colorado.

Rest of the way, we play Chicago/Anaheim three times, St Louis/Detroit/Arizona/ two times and San Jose, Philadelphia, Columbus, Ottawa.

It's truly a tank battle on the scale of Kursk, and those teams are actively tanking, I can see us picking up a lot of wins, especially if Demko comes back and returns to any sort of form.

Then management and ownership will pump their chests and say, 'see? this was the real team all along!' like they did every year since the Bubble.

Edited by DSVII
  • Tanks a lot 1

1 minute ago, DSVII said:

Well we just made it through the murderer's row of Florida, Tampa, Carolina, Colorado.

Rest of the way, we play Chicago/Anaheim three times, St Louis/Detroit/Arizona/ two times and San Jose, Philadelphia, Columbus, Ottawa.

It's truly a tank battle on the scale of Kursk, and those teams are actively tanking, I can see us picking up a lot of wins, especially if Demko comes back.

I’m honestly not confident we’ll beat any of those teams, our defense and goaltending has been that bad.

This team looks completely out of gas and are gonna lose their captain and have the shock of a new demanding head coach. Those young tanking teams are all playing loose and playing for new contracts. Those are the trap games we always lose at the end of the season. I dont see that being any different.

• Tanks a lot 1