The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Nov. 13, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, gurn said:

Another thing Miller does is give the puck away, then not back check. He is very good at this , as he does it in almost every single game.

But he yells a bunch so -great leader amirite?

At least he shows emotions. And those things can be taught and when the team is wining things will go better.

Bo is as much a leader as a soccer ball in a ball diamond

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

At least he shows emotions. And those things can be taught and when the team is wining things will go better.

Bo is as much a leader as a soccer ball in a ball diamond

Tell us you’re clueless with telling us you’re clueless. 

• Sad 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, Alflives said:

We could very much do with a couple years selecting top three.  Our best teams were led by Linden (a second pick) and the Twins (picks 2 and 3).

Yup our luck we may never get a first,but a couple of top three's we might be ok long as other picks turn out.

Wish Tram would have come back

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

Kessler played a tough game and was a huge reason his teams made the playoffs and went far in the playoffs. He had to mitigate the toll on his body. 

Bo’s the leader and has led this team into being a bunch of soft bend over and take it “pussy’s” just like you said. Hes the biggest player in the NHL who has gone the most games without throwing a hit.

Thats not the kind of leader that takes a team to the NHL playoffs and beyond.

Ill be happier than a pig in shit when Soft as butter Bo is traded. 

I'm not buying it.  We're middle of the pack for hits. (15th I believe) That's not our problem.  We also lead the league in fights if I'm not mistaken.  We had a lot of fights from 1997-1999 as well.  Pretty terrible years.  

I'm open to having my mind changed but I feel like we haven't had a lot of success with "tough" teams in our city.

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Tell us you’re clueless with telling us you’re clueless. 

Tell me you’ve never played real hockey without telling me you’ve played real hockey… (tier 6 ankle skaters Hockey doesn’t count)

Don’t get me wrong. I like Horvat. I just don’t think he is doing everything in his power to win. In fact I I think he's rather apathetic. He looking after his own interests… A contract year and he’s scoring. 

4 Fights in his NHL career.

how many hits? I wouldn’t be surprised if it was less than Pettersson. 

He’s the captain and he is going to be the one who carries the burden. And I place the blame on his shoulders for not leading this team. 

All he has to do is show this more than 4x a decade… 

And only 1 of his 4 fights was sticking up for someone other than himself. 

• There it is 1

Just now, ABNucksfan said:

Tell me you’ve never played real hockey without telling me you’ve played real hockey… (tier 6 ankle skaters Hockey doesn’t count)

Don’t get me wrong. I like Horvat. I just don’t think he is doing everything in his power to win. In fact I I think he's rather apathetic. He looking after his own interests… A contract year and he’s scoring. 

4 Fights in his NHL career.

how many hits? I wouldn’t be surprised if it was less than Pettersson. 

He’s the captain and he is going to be the one who carries the burden. And I place the blame on his shoulders for not leading this team. 

All he has to do is show this more than 4x a decade… 

And only 1 of his 4 fights was sticking up for someone other than himself. 

Lol, played lacrosse all the way up until junior. 

Fighting does not equal leadership even moreso in todays NHL. And leadership is not an issue, period.  You’re fkn clueless to argue otherwise. 

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Lol, played lacrosse all the way up until junior. 

Fighting does not equal leadership even moreso in todays NHL. And leadership is not an issue, period.  You’re fkn clueless to argue otherwise. 

Then id expect you to understand that physicality is part of the game…

Edit: and its not about fighting for me. Its about showing emotion. You can be the best leader in the dressing room all you want. But the real game is played on the ice. 

Edited by ABNucksfan
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

Then id expect you to understand that physicality is part of the game…

Edit: and its not about fighting for me. Its about showing emotion. You can be the best leader in the dressing room all you want. But the real game is played on the ice. 

leaders know how to control emotions, keep them in check and give those they lead an even, steady keel.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Zerofaith said:

I have a jersey signed by Burr and a draft year Bo jersey and a bunch of other memorabilia FS. Make me an offer.  This team has lost the privilege of having fans continue to show up for this team. Embarrassing. 

link to items?

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Last I heard there's still no helping him, he hasn't been freed 

#FreePodz

I hope the team and fans are patient with Podkolzin. I coud be wrong but would a good player comparison be Valeri Nichushkin...he went back to Russia early and still didn't work out in Dallas but found a home with Colorado and was on an early tear this season before the ankle injury. If Pod could morph into someone close to Nichushkin eventually I think that would be a great player for the Canucks to have on their team!

• Cheers 1