The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Nov. 13, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

What do you think Rutherford’s post-road trip move will be “to get the player’s attention?”

Tyler Myers to Abbotsford? 
trade a named player for a sub par return?

hockey trade for a vet he has history with?

Bo trade?

what would you do? 

26 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

John Marino in the offseason does not help this team

We have zero balls. 

It's always been the Canucks issue ever since the Sedin era. 

We don't have the a hole guys that are willing to go out and put the other guy in a stretcher to win. 

Too many nice guys that don't command fear or respect on the ice. 

Fun team to play against. 

Need to change the identity of this team. If you beat us, you'll leave the game in pain because we will absolutely do everything we can to hurt you on the ice. 

Soon enough our young stars will start seeing more open ice. 

You're about 15 years behind.  That simply isn't the way the game is played anymore

• Cheers 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

You're about 15 years behind.  That simply isn't the way the game is played anymore

LOL maybe... I'm just angry I guess. 

I was wrong about thinking this was a playoff team. Prob wrong about that too. Just irks me that we have no team toughness. Great if we have a fast skilled team and win but watching this disaster is pretty painful

• Cheers 2

At least whoever our 1st rounder is will be elite. 5-10 overall I’m just guessing knowing our lotto luck and franchise luck overall. But this is the year the draft is deep and elite. Will get a great core piece.

Those sorts of things are what will help us get over this dark period.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

LOL maybe... I'm just angry I guess. 

I was wrong about thinking this was a playoff team. Prob wrong about that too. Just irks me that we have no team toughness. Great if we have a fast skilled team and win but watching this disaster is pretty painful

Playoff teams are fast and disciplined.  Physicality, beyond the grind of the post season, doesn't factor into it much anymore.  Don't get me wrong, tyats my style too, but things evolve.

6 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

This team is already dead last.  I'd be happy to see a gauranteed top 3 pick with a high chance of Bedard/Fantilli.  

It's time for management to take their foot out their mouth and trade Miller.  That alone gives us breathing room and a big reset.

4th from the bottom, not at the bottom

30 minutes ago, sockeye said:

And Stecher.

What really really bothers me is not that we lost all of them but we lost all of them for nothing - no returns. 

If possible, I would have tried to keep some of those guys. Keeping Tanev, Stecher and Toffoli would’ve been good for veteran leadership for our young players.

It was then that I think some players that are still here see how those players were let go and yet how much they meant for the team. Those words that Benning said “we ran out of time” made me lose faith in the management team right there and then. Sure Marky was understandable after Demko in Edmonton. But letting go of two RD and tanev being such a locker room favorite, I believe that the players lost trust in the team. Feels like it’s still here and remains to rot this club.

Stetcher I really thought we could bring back this off season. Guy plays with Heart and that is infectious in the room. This team has no trust/confidence in eachother, they are playing unprofessionally with all these unforced errors. They aren’t playing for each other for the last 2 1/4 seasons. Something has to change. 

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

John Marino in the offseason does not help this team

We have zero balls. 

It's always been the Canucks issue ever since the Sedin era. 

We don't have the a hole guys that are willing to go out and put the other guy in a stretcher to win. 

Too many nice guys that don't command fear or respect on the ice. 

Fun team to play against. 

Need to change the identity of this team. If you beat us, you'll leave the game in pain because we will absolutely do everything we can to hurt you on the ice. 

Soon enough our young stars will start seeing more open ice. 

No team in the NHL is like this anymore LOL

Marino would be our best dman, he would help this team.

1 hour ago, coolboarder said:

That's too much.  We need to keep some of veterans to mentor our young one later or we'd end up in the basement for decade to come.  Maybe Boeser.  EP is fine as he is great on his own without any help.  If he is playing with someone else, he can be passenger and is not who he is.  During his SHL days, he took the league by his own and shot more and had a success with that.  Once he joined in the league and played with Boeser, he was not the same after two injures in his rookie year.  

EP will not stick around for a rebuild......so are you wanting a retool or a rebuild?