The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Nov. 13, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

Someone needs to start a bedard chant at the next home game

A bigger message from the business side of things would be if the attendance is extremely low for the next few home games. I don't see any major changes until there is a big impact to the revenue, leaving the management with no choice but to strip it down.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, R3aL said:

Probably much better off wouldn’t have done the OEL trade and he probably wouldn’t of moved the needle for awhile not changing our future draft outcomes by much.

. Or we would have rushed Sergachev and forced him into too large a role early and wrecked him.

he was the guy I wanted at that draft. 

I was dead set against tkachuk I really thought he was a complimentary player with a trash attitude. I was half wrong half right and he would have left us like he did Calgary unless he boeser miller and Hughes were all happy happy and he loved playing with petey. But I do think if we got tkachuk our future picks would have been impacted and not as good overall.

Totally agree....I was thinking Sergachev wouldn't have taken the time needed to get NHL ready and so EP and QH would have been possibilities still.  They wanted to draft a D at that point and they did......just took the wrong one.  Hindsight.....sigh.  But like you said, he may not have developed with the Canucks in the same way (which is a tragic knock on the Canucks history in my opinion).

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

A bigger message from the business side of things would be if the attendance is extremely low for the next few home games. I don't see any major changes until there is a big impact to the revenue, leaving the management with no choice but to strip it down.

You nailed it with the last three words......"Strip it down, Strip it down....".  That should be the chant.

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I live in SK so attendance is a unrealized factor for me

Do numbers actually go way down when they suck?

23 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I’ve stopped reading his articles this year but is he taking the next step and trying to explain why the team is underperforming all the “models” that had us a lot closer to the playoffs than the cellar? 

To me that’s the big issue and why I’m fine if management just blows it up.  3 years of underperforming the roster talent.  This group is just wasting everyone’s time and as much as we all want to blame Miller you really don’t know who to blame until pieces start to move.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, stawns said:

I posted this in another thread, but curious about what people think

I love Demko, but I am finding myself warming up to moving him if this season is gone and if management shows they are shaking things up in a significant way.  Looking at teams who might need a goalie, Carolina seems like the obvious destination.........what would be an acceptable return on a Demko?

Necas

Andersen

1st

does that make it worthwhile for Van? For Carolina?  For fans?

I mean demko would be unbelievable in Carolina. A team that plays a strong defensive structure. So he wouldn’t have to guess or cheat on plays when their are constant breakdowns. And a confident demko would be a nightmare for other teams playing Carolina. 

But Necas is looking unbelievable this season for them and a 1st round pick in the deepest draft in awhile 

I just don’t see them making that trade when demkos value is at an all time low and Necas at an all time high they’d be pulling a key member out from their forward group that’s gelling together beautifully.

6 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

I’ve stopped reading his articles this year but is he taking the next step and trying to explain why the team is underperforming all the “models” that had us a lot closer to the playoffs than the cellar? 

To me that’s the big issue and why I’m fine if management just blows it up.  3 years of underperforming the roster talent.  This group is just wasting everyone’s time and as much as we all want to blame Miller you really don’t know who to blame until pieces start to move.

I don’t think Miller is the biggest problem, but I do think he fetches a solid return of what we need. Move him for a rhd/prospect/pick package. Then pick one of Boeser/Garland, then move Myers would be a solid start. Sign Bo and Kuz to term as well.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I can’t even give employees Canucks tickets for Christmas gift anymore. Last year was first year I changed that now this year looks to be the same situation Sad Christmas Tree GIF by filmeditor

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I don’t think Miller is the biggest problem, but I do think he fetches a solid return of what we need. Move him for a rhd/prospect/pick package. Then pick one of Boeser/Garland, then move Myers would be a solid start. Sign Bo and Kuz to term as well.

He also doesn't fit the timeline if we're looking at being bad for at least a few years. Forwards tend to fall off earlier than D do, I reckon he maybe has three more seasons of top end production. His best remaining years would be wasted on a rebuilding team. 

Plus, even if we can free up some of his cap it'd allow us to take on a short term headache contract from someone else along with more assets. Those are the kind of moves we should be making if we're going to be bad, the kind of moves Arizona's made. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Muttley said:

That's ridiculous for a plenitude of reasons. Miller totally cares about this team even if he isn't having the year he had in 21-22. Cares about the team.

Messier was here for the cash and to use Bure as a means to bolster his overall record. There are stories about the Lays man from his days in Edmonton

that are disturbing or so some older friends of mine told me who lived there. 

:goat:

Maybe he means a comparison of miller signing before horvat. And messier signing whilst displacing linden? . In that regard there is a slight similarity. But your right miller does seem to care.  But The constant anger and frown does make me wonder who it’s directed at.  Himself or certain team mates ?? 

What a painful game to watch today!! Here is my take so far with this team: 

1) Myers plays like he is 5.5 inches!!! Horrible bad penalties all the time!!

2) No one sticks up for anyone on this team!!! Podz had to take his matters into his own hands today and no one did anything!! That was super sad to see and not surprised!! 

3) 4th line should be hitting and banging people out there. Big guys like Joshua I was hoping he would invite Greer for a fight!! Strudnick he is horrible out there...he don't hit and he is not skillful!! Why are we benching Kuz over this guy???

4) Dries over Kuz don't make any sense to me?

5) We should keep Burrough's in the line up...we need more grit, toughness, and heart on this team!! 

6) Boeser definitely not cutting it!!! We need to make some big moves

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

There was an article from this summer, "Penguins Starting to See Effects of Rutherford’s Poor Decision Making".

The bolded part below sounds a lot like the situation the Canucks are in right now:

Rutherford brought Mike Sullivan, Phil Kessel, and most importantly, two Cups to Pittsburgh. But all that came at a price the Penguins are already repaying. Next to no solid prospects, you can build your future around. No cap space to think of. And contracts that aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. Sure, everyone wants the team to win now, but at what cost?

https://thehockeywriters.com/penguins-rutherford-poor-decision-making-effects/

• Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

There is an article from this summer, "Penguins Starting to See Effects of Rutherford’s Poor Decision Making".

The bolded part below sounds a lot like the situation the Canucks are in right now:

https://thehockeywriters.com/penguins-rutherford-poor-decision-making-effects/

Been watching urinatingtree on YouTube, huge pens fan and he’s been complaining about this with Rutherford for years, hell Rutherford was the one who thought Gudbranson for Pearson was a good trade

2 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

Been watching urinatingtree on YouTube, huge pens fan and he’s been complaining about this with Rutherford for years, hell Rutherford was the one who thought Gudbranson for Pearson was a good trade

He’s not the first gm to make a mistake with gudbranson :picard:

• Cheers 1