The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] Vancouver and Columbus in trade talks

7 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Furthermore is Bostom does not have Burgeron and Krichi?, etc, they will be in rebuild, as that is the pieces that are making them win.................

Again............if they are there......they won't be able to afford him

If they are gone, Boston is in rebuild

Boston isn't really built to rebuild, Krejci and Bergeron or not, particularly of they retain Pasta

They could tear it down, but they still have the bones of a competitive team if they can find a couple centers

Plus they've a lot of cap and spots opening up, if they play it smart they could make it work 

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/bruins

58 minutes ago, stawns said:

I was going to post the same thing.  He's actually one of the few good playoff performers in that lineup

I get that people like to dump on the Leafs but they've got some talented players and I think folks gloss over that 

27 minutes ago, JM_ said:

Nylander for Myers would be an awesome deal for us. I think Dubie would have to be really really high for that one to happen. 

Yeah, there's no way it happens, he's ppg right now and was like 80 in 81 last season or something

2 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Clearly you don't watch TO in the playoffs because he's been the only forward to consistently show up the last 5 years. 

Him and Petey would probably take off where the Sedins left, raised in the same mold.

But Mylander might be more of a Miller type. I’m not sure…

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, EB43 said:

Speculate speculate speculate.  Nothing ever happens. 

Yeah, this is all just for fun. I doubt JR does much, all talk.

So, for fun - CBJ needs a C and goaltending

to CBJ - Miller and Demko

to VAN - Johnson, Jiricek, Nyqvist and Merzlikins

Elvis and Gustav make the money work, Johnson and Jiricek are the future. One day Canucks could have Martin/Silovs/Merzlikins are goaltending options, and later Ty Young.

I guess it's just for fun, because there's no way CBJ trades Jiricek or Johnson, and I really doubt JR does anything big. 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, klw604 said:

Cole Sillinger (C)

Kent Johnson (C)

David Jiricek (RD)

Corson Ceulemans (RD)

Denton Mateychuk (RD)

Kiril Marchenko

There prospect pool is stacked

Sorry buds...........................I was talking about Toronto, who the original  5 links earlier had suggested we trade him to..................

You got to do your homework! You assumed. LOL

PS.....................I agree with your CBJ list

Bo and Rathbone for K. Johnson and Peeke idea seems too good to be true... unless the Blue Jackets got a) cap space and b) the hunger to make the playoffs right away c) able to sign Bo to a contract extension right away

Will be sad to see Rathbone go for sure... I highly doubt we get to keep him much longer... on the left side, we already got Hughes, OEL, Dermott, Stillman... might as well use his talent as our trade chip!

If we can somehow trade Myers though without taking the same cap hit back... then we'll have $ to keep Bo around... 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, combover said:

Really he has three options 

sign where he wants to play 

sign with a cup contender so many be take less 

sign for the big pay day as a ufa and I think he’d be over 8 mill 

CBJ is capped out and aren’t contenders so unless that his dream team I don’t see him giving up his winning UFA lottery ticket to go there. 

Bottom line he’s guaranteed a pay day in the summer so he should feel zero pressure to sign with anyone 
So  starting now he decides where he goes unless it’s as a rental. 
Management  screwed up in the summer 

They had to make their move  weather it was miller or horvat they should have known. 

The premise of mu comments was taking Voracek back as a cap dump, which gives Columbus 8.250 million

My proposal lets them keep Juricek (who I really want), and their first and still gives us great pieces

Yes, Horvat does not alot of pressure, but does not have alot of options either

But I am not saying you are wrong, just limited teams?????with cap to spend

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Boston isn't really built to rebuild, Krejci and Bergeron or not, particularly of they retain Pasta

They could tear it down, but they still have the bones of a competitive team if they can find a couple centers

Plus they've a lot of cap and spots opening up, if they play it smart they could make it work 

They only have the cap space "IF" those players do not return.............Boston is famous for having guys return

But if you look back along my comments, you will see where I agreed that Boston could, in the right circumstances bid for him

I am not sure though if he is their type..........

Bo does not hit and is not exactly a defensive minded player, Boston plays a very disciplined game

But sure he could play there, but there is no guarantee that Boston goes after him, where as a team trading for him is a 100%

I also think Columbus being 350 miles away from his parents is a big deal

12 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

They only have the cap space "IF" those players do not return.............Boston is famous for having guys return

But if you look back along my comments, you will see where I agreed that Boston could, in the right circumstances bid for him

I am not sure though if he is their type..........

Bo does not hit and is not exactly a defensive minded player, Boston plays a very disciplined game

But sure he could play there, but there is no guarantee that Boston goes after him, where as a team trading for him is a 100%

I also think Columbus being 350 miles away from his parents is a big deal

I think whether a lot of players return depend on what happens with Bergeron. He's a huge piece of that culture but he can't play forever. He's also an irreplaceable presence for that team, even at his age that number of players who bring anything close to his combination of offensive talent, defensive proficiency, and faceoff talent is fairly small. 

Bergeron being around is a huge part of why the Bruins are able to play such such an effective defensive game. Marchand too, but he's not getting any younger either. I wouldn't be surprise if Boston tries to retain that style of play but I wouldn't be surprise if they have to adjust, you gotta work with the players you have. 

As for hits, they're overstated. Pasta has 19 in 16 games, Bergeron has 12 in 16, Debrusk has 19 in 16, Krejci has 7 in 13, Hall has 9 in 16. Horvat is at 9 in 17. He's right there with Bergeron and Krejci. 

Wanna know who is hitting more for Boston? Carlo with 26 in 12 games as a defensive D, Forbot with 27 in 10 as a D, Greer with 29 in 11 as a bottom six forward, Foligno with 35 in 16 as a bottom six forward, Clifton with 48 in 16 as a defensive D. Everyone else is in single digits or the teens. It's almost as if if some players play different roles, Boston's built their team a certain way, or as if some guys are more inclined to play a certain way than others. Hell, Marchand has 13 hits in 8 games, he's not blowing anyone away. I reckon if you go and look at teams around the league you'll see similar things, a handful of guys who do the heavy lifting in regards to physicality on each roster. Nobody's fussing about Bergeron not hitting but folks sure do like to whine about Horvat around here. Maybe not you, but it's common. In general it's much more common for D and bottom six forward to hit more, some top six guys do but by and large it's not generally your top six guys leading the charge. 

That being said, I think Horvat would do just fine in Boston hitting or not. His role would be to win faceoffs, hold his own defensively, and produce, I'm pretty sure he's capable of that. Horvat isn't Kesler and nobody's gonna mistake him for that, but he can hold his own and for a top six center that's generally good enough. I could easily see Boston going after him if he makes it to UFA, but I agree they probably don't trade for him. They don't have the cap space unless we take cap back. 

Carolina is another team who should be interested, KK isn't blowing anyone away as their 2C and they have more assets to parlay than Boston. We'd probably have to take cap back but it's doable. They'd be interested via UFA I reckon, but they can afford to trade with us too. 

Maybe he'd go to Columbus, that'd be fine as well, they've got some great young talent I'd love to grab. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, The Yorkton Terrier said:

Why would Columbus dump futures on a player who is in the final year of their contract? To decrease their Draft Lottery odds? Cool story  

Because they need a center, badly. They are currently playing Sillinger at 2 C, and he's not thriving. They also just signed a big free agent just a few months ago. They have a ton of prospect capital in both forward and defence. Why wouldn't they spend some of that capital to bolster a struggling core?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Shayster007 said:

Because they need a center, badly. They are currently playing Sillinger at 2 C, and he's not thriving. They also just signed a big free agent just a few months ago. They have a ton of prospect capital in both forward and defence. Why wouldn't they spend some of that capital to bolster a struggling core?

Their season is done. Kekalainen probably knows about the draft too. 

17 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Bo for Nyqvist, Jiricek, lotto protected or 2024 1st I'd be very happy with. 

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

21 minutes ago, The Yorkton Terrier said:

Their season is done. Kekalainen probably knows about the draft too. 

I didn't say they were trying to turn around the season. I insinuated they were trying to turn around the franchise. Horvat would go a long way stabilizing them down the middle if he agrees to a contract extension.

And I'm pretty sure ever GM knows about the draft? I don't know what you mean with that statement.