The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 FIFA World Cup

-Vintage Canuck-

27 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Hope Morocco gets knocked out just so I don't have to hear their fans. Worse than the vuvuzelas. 

Rather hear that than see spain passes a million times with no result. These idiots even pass in the box instead of shooting and the one chance where passing would have resulted in an empty net goal, Sarabia shoots it wide into the post. They couldnt even shoot in penalty kicks since they never shoot lol

12 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

What I don't get is the schedule. 

Some teams get longer rest than others for the next round. 

nature of the beast. TO maximise TV revenue games are not played concurrently, therefor you will always have this issue and its forever been one. Its just something you have to deal with in international football, oftern games during international breaks are only 3 days apart as well so its not unusual

Great to see Morocco knock off Spain. Always love to see a new team make a run in the WC, especially if it's someone other than Europe or South America. I think they have a good shot of getting to the Semis, either Portugal or Switzerland are very beatable.

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Seeing a Petey stuck his neck out earlier (and now that the QF are set) I'm going to say Argentina-Brazil and France-Portugal....

I'd love to be wrong on all of them, except Brazil-Croatia, but I doubt I am.

Who ya got?

I got the same picks but hope Morocco can pull off the upset, though it sure looks like Portugal is a much better team with Ronaldo parked on the bench.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Morocco is like the home team now. 

Maybe they will get to finals this time. 

They sure have lot of fans over there.

I don’t think bunker will work against Portugal but you never know.

I am hoping for France Portugal clash in the semifinals.

7 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

As disappointing as it is to see Portugal win, I suppose I can take some solace in the fact that the guy who controversially started in Ronaldo's place, picked up the hatty.....

I wouldn’t mind seeing them win it all, definitely don’t want to see English, French and Brazil succeed.