The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What should the Canucks approach be at the trade deadline if they’re in the playoff race?

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Trade Deadline Approach  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

IMO, we should be sellers now matter where we are sitting. 
This team isn’t going to win anything. 
BUT

This management doubled down on the current line up with the belief that the last half of last year was the true team.  
That makes me think they will do something g stupid like give Bo 8 mill and trade away the 1st round pick and Podz for an overpaid, aged out Dman. 

Then of course miss the playoffs and we all end up here next year ready for the same old shit. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  We should be sellers regardless.  But our owner will not allow rebuilding moves so it’s a “MOO”. (Ha Ha) Point. 

Trust the process !?  With Demko/Martin getting hot, their place in the standing will be a guaranteed rise to mediocrity/NHL Purgatory.

If they are close like last year, chances are good, they will chase the spot and not do too much or anything cause of the their cap situation.  Preferably, they should still be sellers but we all know, what will happen cause of the goaltenders.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

Buyers or sellers isn't the question we should be asking.

The REAL question is IF the Canucks are say within 3 points of 8th seed and horvat is without a contract, will they trade horvat? Or at least should they? 

Because they are kissing the playoffs goodbye without him and it is the deeper question here about the Canucks short term vs long term philosophy 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, billabong said:

Buyers or sellers isn't the question we should be asking.

The REAL question is IF the Canucks are say within 3 points of 8th seed and horvat is without a contract, will they trade horvat? Or at least should they? 

Because they are kissing the playoffs goodbye without him and it is the deeper question here about the Canucks short term vs long term philosophy 

I only see two choices on Horvat - signed or traded by the trade deadline. To me it’s irrelevant whether the team is 3 points in or 3 points out.

10 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I only see two choices on Horvat - signed or traded by the trade deadline. To me it’s irrelevant whether the team is 3 points in or 3 points out.

Same holds true for Miller as his NTC kicks in after the season

2 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Yep, if that’s the route PA & JR want to go the decision will be largely out of their control after that.

And I agree with another poster who said if they trade Bo, they might as well clean house.  I have no faith in this management group to do it, but if Bo is gone, this is going to be a bad team for awhile

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

And I agree with another poster who said if they trade Bo, they might as well clean house.  I have no faith in this management group to do it, but if Bo is gone, this is going to be a bad team for awhile

Trading Bo solves very little for the short term so if that’s the way they go there should be few options left off the table. I said previously that imo the new management will write their story on this trade deadline and the off-season. I don’t know which way they go but I know it won’t be dull here.