The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 3 2022 - Vancouver Canucks vs Arizona Coyotes - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

7 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

And that 2nd on a suspect prospect. 

That 2nd plus Garland or Hogs or Rathbone, we could have gotten a dman. 

You two are forgetting we're not the only team with cap issues and other team have to actually WANT our players and the positional needs match but if they don't, no dice.

And after MG signed all the long terms locked in, what the F did you think was going to happen? 

There wasn't a single GM out there who could have fixed us after the B's destroyed us, no GM can circumvent contract law.  Then there's the idiot fans screaming for one and done, screw the farm but.. gimme a f'n break... Geez 

1 minute ago, ktcy2 said:

Signing him was a bad decision. Why? Because me along with A WHOLE BUNCH of others saw this coming. Brock simply has been sucking since his back injury.

Sometimes you have to cut your loss and fold your hand. There was no taker for Brock, there will not be another taker for Brock for “value” unless he magically scores 30 again (which will not happen). So what are you doing here - 19 million dollars paid for three useless years. That’s it. The problem with the new management is that at the time of signing they didn’t see enough of him play. Thinking it was some sort of a down year for him. No, it wasn’t. 

Sucking since his back injury?  you mean like 2020-201 when he led the team in scoring? oh yeah i forgot...somehow that doesnt count.

Letting him walk, a guy that has consistently put up 20+ goals,  for nothing would have been the bigger gamble at the time the contract was signed.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Can we scratch Myers and Stillman as well? Seriously

Love to see us get younger and have lots of high picks coming.  We need to be excited about a better tomorrow with this club, because the present is a serious suckeroo. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

We are wasting our time.  These guys are too obsessed with brocks oily hair to understand anything 

lol, why do i get the feeling you are talking to yourself Eddie. 

Anyhow, you need to go back to telling us how Demko failed to stretch properly, thats why he got injured...and how he would be back in the third period...with that sort of real understanding of the game you really shed a true light on things..

Edited by Darius

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Love to see us get younger and have lots of high picks coming.  We need to be excited about a better tomorrow with this club, because the present is a serious suckeroo. 

Tomorrow in Vancouver? That's kind of funny, if you can talk the one cup and done crowd into I'd be impressed!!! Good luck with that! 

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, iceman64 said:

You two are forgetting we're not the only team with cap issues and other team have to actually WANT our players and the positional needs match but if they don't, no dice.

And after MG signed all the long terms locked in, what the F did you think was going to happen? 

There wasn't a single GM out there who could have fixed us after the B's destroyed us, no GM can circumvent contract law.  Then there's the idiot fans screaming for one and done, screw the farm but.. gimme a f'n break... Geez 

Yup.  This is all on our owner’s mandate to his management that sacrificing the future in hopes of winning now is a must. Gillis was successful (even though very short lived success) but at the expense of the future.  Nonis refused and got fired.  Will Allvin refuse?  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  This is all on our owner’s mandate to his management that sacrificing the future in hopes of winning now is a must. Gillis was successful (even though very short lived success) but at the expense of the future.  Nonis refused and got fired.  Will Allvin refuse?  

Idk, it's just him taking side with the fans who just want a quick cup and fade into mediocrity again instead of actually building a team for once.. with depth.. not just a roster with no fall back plan of attack 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Dakota always comes to play. 

As much as I despise this management group and how they've destroyed the team I must admit that he was a great find. I hadn't even heard of him before. Aman and Lazar have also been good. I really enjoy the offensive side of Joshua's game.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

As much as I despise this management group and how they've destroyed the team I must admit that he was a great find. I hadn't even heard of him before. Aman and Lazar have also been good. I really enjoy the offensive side of Joshua's game.

Not even a year in, and you despise management?

What a short honeymoon.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

Signing him was a bad decision. Why? Because me along with A WHOLE BUNCH of others saw this coming. Brock simply has been sucking since his back injury. Sometimes you have to cut your loss and fold your hand. There was no taker for Brock, there will not be another taker for Brock for “value” unless he magically scores 30 again (which will not happen). So what are you doing here - 19 million dollars paid for three useless years. That’s it. The problem with the new management is that at the time of signing they didn’t see enough of him play. Thinking it was some sort of a down year for him. No, it wasn’t. 

No no no you're wrong. Boeser slick hair and good looks in itself is worth 5 million+. I'm just sorry that we don't have more guys like him on the team. Oh wait....

#SellTheTeam

Just now, iceman64 said:

Idk, it's just him taking side with the fans who just want a quick cup and fade into mediocrity again instead of actually building a team for once.. with depth.. not just a roster with no fall back plan of attack 

It’s not easy to build a club that can win for a prolonged period.  But what we’ve been doing for the last decade is way worse.  I think fans would support a proper rebuilding team.  Lots of excitement about younger players and picks all growing together.  Right now what have we to look forward to, except for another decade of the Benning era, just with different names in management?  The owner is losing millions in his franchise value too.  And losing fans, especially the young ones.  And those young ones find other interests.  Many of them are lost for good.  

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Few things about this lineup.

1) The Stillman experiment is over. It’s frustrating to continue to see him in the lineup and paired with Myers. Analytics and the eye test show Burroughs to be a better D-man. I’m really starting to get tired of Bruce playing the vets who don’t deserve the ice time over the rookies. It reminds me way too much of Green. Play the best team possible regardless of how much a player costs in cap space. That’s how you win games in this day and age.

2) Boeser deserves a scratch, maybe it’ll light a fire under him. He may be getting some points, but he’s not himself, not even close to his potential. I’m ok with doing this to a player sometimes. It sends an important message both to do better and that your ice time isn’t guaranteed. Look at how Kuzmenko has played since his scratch. If Boeser is as good as we hope he’ll come back strong.

3) Why on earth did Bruce break up the Miller, Horvat, Hoglander line just when Hoglander was starting to get comfortable, create chemistry and gel with his line mates?Everyone had a bad game against Washington. It wasn’t only him. Lines don’t just magically produce if you put players on it, it takes time to learn your team mates tendencies, especially for a fairly new NHL player. He was working hard, but wasn’t getting results. Hopefully he stays there now.

4) Glad to see Studnicka back, we haven’t really had a chance to see his caliber of play yet. Can always use another center.

On a random aside I think we as a fanbase underestimated how much Pettersson and Miller made Boeser look good on that lotto line or else sadly his personal struggles have beaten him down if not broken him.

8 minutes ago, swimsWithDucks said:

No no no you're wrong. Boeser slick hair and good looks in itself is worth 5 million+. I'm just sorry that we don't have more guys like him on the team. Oh wait....

#SellTheTeam

#FindABuyerFirst

Maybe you can broker the deal and get commission?

2 hours ago, Angry Goose said:

Chevy wont cave to a player though.  He’ll make sure he tries to get a worthy asset in return.  Perhaps Boeser +? 

PLD would be a nice add if Bo gets traded

He'd be a good add if hoevat stays and miller goes

Petey

Horvat

PLD

Aman

Even if he doesn't resign, they'll get cap space or they can flip him or his rights

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Few things about this lineup.

1) The Stillman experiment is over. It’s frustrating to continue to see him in the lineup and paired with Myers. Analytics and the eye test show Burroughs to be a better D-man. I’m really starting to get tired of Bruce playing the vets who don’t deserve the ice time over the rookies. It reminds me way too much of Green. Play the best team possible regardless of how much a player costs in cap space. That’s how you win games in this day and age.

2) Boeser deserves a scratch, maybe it’ll light a fire under him. He may be getting some points, but he’s not himself, not even close to his potential. I’m ok with doing this to a player sometimes. It sends an important message both to do better and that your ice time isn’t guaranteed. Look at how Kuzmenko has played since his scratch. If Boeser is as good as we hope he’ll come back strong.

3) Why on earth did Bruce break up the Miller, Horvat, Hoglander line just when Hoglander was starting to get comfortable, create chemistry and gel with his line mates?Everyone had a bad game against Washington. It wasn’t only him. Lines don’t just magically produce if you put players on it, it takes time to learn your team mates tendencies, especially for a fairly new NHL player. He was working hard, but wasn’t getting results. Hopefully he stays there now.

4) Glad to see Studnicka back, we haven’t really had a chance to see his caliber of play yet. Can always use another center.

On a random aside I think we as a fanbase underestimated how much Pettersson and Miller made Boeser look good on that lotto line or else sadly his personal struggles have beaten him down if not broken him.

The Stillman "experiment" is just starting.......he's only 24, he's got lots of developing to do and he's got to play to do it.