The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

I think the Pens are waiting to see if McQuinn and Friedman clear waivers to see what capspace they want us to retain , regarding a Boeser / Petterssen trade..  

.. and if we wait long enough Armstrong might cave on a price for Chychrn 

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I think the Pens are waiting to see if McQuinn and Friedman clear waivers to see what capspace they want us to retain , regarding a Boeser / Petterssen trade..  

.. and if we wait long enough Armstrong might cave on a price for Chychrn 

Hopefull you are talking about Elliot Friedman.... he should def be traded to ESPN. And anyone shopping Boeser should be shopping JT Millar instead

Just now, EastCoastNucks said:
5 hours ago, RakuRaku said:

Are Boeser talks heating up for real??? can't wait.... I want him traded instead of JT honestly.... keeping JT around would help our retool...  I honestly don't think the ownership wants to strip down for a total rebuild yet

I was speechless but hope this kinda talk gets out there, FAST

Just now, Coconuts said:

Makes more sense to keep him and try to rehabilitate his value

Circle round and see where teams are at in the offseason 

Yes, we shouldn’t be trading him just to trade him 

Just now, Devron said:

agree, but we need the cap to completely rebuild our D and add to C depth- like we need an NHL 3C.

We also still have cap space this season to take on an expiring contract and add more draft picks

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

Trading him for someone else's headache, if they're say.. a D, may make sense but we might just get another Myers 

If they don't want to retain significantly that's gonna be a tough deal to move unless he bounces back, even 5.65 doesn't really sound great for him

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Makes more sense to keep him and try to rehabilitate his value

Circle round and see where teams are at in the offseason 

Yes; if you can't trade him for even a future without retention its not worth it. IF we were trying to clear cap to bring in a RHD, I get it...just to get rid of him while retaining 2.5-3m is horrendous.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Yes; if you can't trade him for even a future without retention its not worth it. IF we were trying to clear cap to bring in a RHD, I get it...just to get rid of him while retaining 2.5-3m is horrendous.

Even 1.65 to bring him down to 5M would be ugly 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Trading him for someone else's headache, if they're say.. a D, may make sense but we might just get another Myers 

If they don't want to retain significantly that's gonna be a tough deal to move unless he bounces back, even 5.65 doesn't really sound great for him

T-Bay's got a Jr. Giraffe buried in the minors I'm sure they'd like to unload...

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Even 1.65 to bring him down to 5M would be ugly 

This is the number I can see happening, but honestly it is a weird market.  GMs don't want to take on an existing contract like this, but will turn around and sign a guy with the same production to a bigger contract with longer term.

UFAs are expensive.

If we retain that kind of salary it should bring his value up to something very useful coming back hopefully in terms of futures and not cap space coming our direction.  We also get to double dip on a return because that cap space is going to be very valuable in the summer.  There are almost certainly going to be a bunch of unqualified RFAs who are in the right age range for us.  Teams are so tight to the cap they won't be able to qualify a guy and risk being taken to arbitration and being stuck with a number they aren't allowed to walk away from.

A terrible roster like ours that gives opportunity may be more compelling on a 2 year "show me" deal for those guys to rehab their value for a next contract and when the cap rises.