The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

12 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Lets be honest.   Alvin and boesers own agent have called every team begging them to take boeser and theyve all hung up on them. 

they should call the Whitecaps - his hair would flow better without a helmet and it would make some people in Vancouver happy because he would still be here....

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

We’re not retaining 2.6 unless there’s a 1st coming back.

LeBrun says he wouldn't be surprised if the Canucks have to attach an asset to move his contract.  

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, mll said:

Just keep him.  His value couldn't get much lower.  We mind as well see if he can regain some of his form and drive his value back up.  Then he'd also have less term on his contract.  No rush here.  Do what's right moving forward in terms of value.

• Cheers 2

Someone needs to explain to me like I’m in kindergarten how we managed to move Riley Stillman for a positive asset, but no one wants Brock, who despite his struggles is still on pace for around 55 points. Finances aside and despite Brock being kind of slow, he still scores at a much higher level than many other players out there. If you put him with good linemates, he produces. 

Just now, CanuckFan1123 said:

Someone needs to explain to me like I’m in kindergarten how we managed to move Riley Stillman for a positive asset, but no one wants Brock, who despite his struggles is still on pace for around 55 points. Finances aside and despite Brock being kind of slow, he still scores at a much higher level than many other players out there. If you put him with good linemates, he produces. 

Teams covet D for playoffs 

4 hours ago, mll said:

That is dumb…  literally no reason to do that and other teams are signing players with similar production for hefty contracts.  

It isn’t an emergency to trade away players, though things certainly get tighter when we keep spending money on new players without getting rid of old ones.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

Because bb6 gets prime playing oppprtunity and gets meaningless points.  Points dont make you a good hockey player.  Hes slow, soft, has low hockey iq, and has horrible 2 way play.  Hes not a good player and the entire hockey world knows this.  

Its not surprising at all that no team wants to trade for him.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

I would argue that teams would take on Boeser. The team has simply yet to find a trade that works for them.

I call BS that Boeser's term is issue at all. Canucks could retain on Boeser so not as much an issue as is suggested in media.

• Like 1

We don't need to sell Boeser now. His value low. He is still young enough to turn his career around. He lost his hustle and scoring drive that he used to have in college and as a rookie. Im hoping the new coaching group will help get his game back. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

We don't need to sell Boeser now. His value low. He is still young enough to turn his career around. He lost his hustle and scoring drive that he used to have in college and as a rookie. Im hoping the new coaching group will help get his game back. 

he has 2 goals since the coaching change.. his goals per game is even lower since the coaching change.. so doubt that's happening

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Hoping that someone can lift his game is a big red blinking light, is it not?  The drive should come from within.  Coaching and guiding is one thing, encouraging burning more calories is another

Boeser started off hot under Tocchet, but has since cooled off. He has like 3 points in the last 8 games. After going for 8 points in 6 games after the hire. Bit of a streaker. Would have been nice to work something out with Pittsburgh. They may circle back in the offseason, although me thinks they'd rather target Demko but I doubt we move him. Retooling baby, no goalie prospects that are a safe bet to take over yet so we keep Demko.