The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Montreal Canadiens at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 05, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, *Buzzsaw* said:

1)  Bo will sign in Vancouver for less than he'll sign for anywhere else.  I.e. he'll be a bargain.  And don't forget contracts are based on career performance, not just one year.  Bo has scored 25 goals and 60 points most years.

2)  Bo is on track for a probable 35-45 goal season.  What GM in the league trades a 35-45 goal scorer when he can probably get him for less than market value?

3)  Bo wants to stay in Van... this is his home, he likes being Captain.  Chances of him being Captain where he is traded are slim.

Players give discounts on their 1st contract. This is Bo's final contract. He is not going to give any discounts. Horvat is walking this season.

• RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, swimsWithDucks said:

Yeah but do you think the Canucks will trade Horvat when we are 3 points away from the final wildcard spot? History shows they don't and they double down and Horvat will walk for nothing.

If we don’t trade our coming UFAs at the TDL (who have value) then we know for sure our owner is handcuffing management.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, swimsWithDucks said:

Yeah but do you think the Canucks will trade Horvat when we are 3 points away from the final wildcard spot? History shows they don't and they double down and Horvat will walk for nothing.

If it's 1 to 3 points behind, then it's difficult call unless some team made any offer that we can't refuse.   Most of the time, at the TDL, they usually lowball us then choose the deal with other teams, leaving us in the dirt.  Sometimes the best trade is the one that never happened.  

Just now, *Buzzsaw* said:

1)  Bo will sign in Vancouver for less than he'll sign for anywhere else.  I.e. he'll be a bargain.  And don't forget contracts are based on career performance, not just one year.  Bo has scored 25 goals and 60 points most years.

2)  Bo is on track for a probable 35-45 goal season.  What GM in the league trades a 35-45 goal scorer when he can probably get him for less than market value?

3)  Bo wants to stay in Van... this is his home, he likes being Captain.  Chances of him being Captain where he is traded are slim.

1) If Bo were going to sign to a bargain he'd be signed by now. Bo's been on this scoring pace since about halfway through last season, he's also much more than his production and teams around the league know it. He will not come cheap. 

2) Bo wanting to stay isn't a guarantee, the Canucks being able to move cap space isn't a guarantee. A GM who needs to address a multitude of roster issues, move out cap space, and find a way to both get younger and address our defense could absolutely trade him. His trade value will likely never be higher.

3) You don't know that, nobody knows that but his family. You can't guarantee anything, same as me. You're projecting your wants onto the scenario when really you don't know any better than the rest of us. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, swimsWithDucks said:

If they hold Horvat sitting 3 pts out, JR and Allvin along with the rest of the brain trust are dumber than I thought. I have faith they will trade players when the right deal comes along. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

If we don’t trade our coming UFAs at the TDL (who have value) then we know for sure our owner is handcuffing management.  

We already know Aquaman is controlling management. The question now is whether the management has the balls to go against Aquaman because I will bet money on this. When we are 3-5 points away from the final wildcard spot on TDL. The Canucks will not trade anyone. Then we will see Horvat walk for nothing

• RoughGame 2

3 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

If it's 1 to 3 points behind, then it's difficult call unless some team made any offer that we can't refuse.   Most of the time, at the TDL, they usually lowball us then choose the deal with other teams, leaving us in the dirt.  Sometimes the best trade is the one that never happened.  

Okay, then we keep Horvat and miss the playoffs and watch Horvat walk....

• RoughGame 3

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

If they hold Horvat sitting 3 pts out, JR and Allvin along with the rest of the brain trust are dumber than I thought. I have faith they will trade players when the right deal comes along. 

I dont know. Signing no Top-4 Dman this season and re-signing Boeser tells me that this management team is still aiming for playoffs.

Think about it this way. The mandate this summer was to make the playoffs and TDL comes and we are 3 points away from the final wild card spot. Do you really think management will sell when they are this close? Heck no. We are screwed. Horvat is as good as gone for nothing

• RoughGame 2

9 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

Do tell :lol:

- Resilience: The fact they actually came back from 4-0 and down 1 with a few minutes left and won? 4 times in Canucks history?

- The team didn't even have a celebration after the first few goals. They knew they had a job and they did it

- Petey is a legit star
- Delia is not as bad as I thought he was going to be  

- I had fun watching it?? 

• Cheers 2

Here's who might be traded:

-  Boeser  (Canucks might have to sweeten the deal with additional players)

-  Garland  (not performing as well this year as last, but a good acquisition for many teams)

-  Kuzmenko  (suddenly a very valuable property... on track for 30+ goal season)

-  Mikheyev  (not needed anymore... Kuzmenko could replace him if we keep Kuz)

-  Pearson  (still a valuable player, Canucks might need to eat some of his salary or sweeten the deal)

-  Any of the current D except Hughes, Schenn and OEL could be thrown in as sweetening to the above players if a high end D is coming back to the Canucks

Edited by *Buzzsaw*

5 minutes ago, chon derry said:

Jr and pa are stupid but not stupid enough to let Bo Horvat walk for nothing. stop swimming with ducks you’ve got water on the brain. 

I hope so because that would mean they have the balls to fight against Aquaman. But I highly doubt it. Say good bye to Horvat for nothing

• RoughGame 2

Just now, swimsWithDucks said:

I dont know. Signing no Top-4 Dman this season and re-signing Boeser tells me that this management team is still aiming for playoffs.

Think about it this way. The mandate this summer was to make the playoffs and TDL comes and we are 3 points away from the final wild card spot. Do you really think management will sell when they are this close? Heck no. We are screwed. Horvat is as good as gone for nothing

Our owner pulled JTM off the trade market two weeks before the 2022 TDL because the team was winning and getting into the playoff hunt.  It’s very likely he will not allow a Bo trade.