The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks Getting Calls on Luke Schenn

Warhippy

1 minute ago, myre said:

I think a late first is quite unrealistic. However if we can get that I will be your biggest cheerleader haha

that would be my line to a team in the east........I want a young roster player/prospect or your late first.  Other than that, I'll dangle him to another team in the east.

If no one wants to pay that price, re-sign him and let him enjoy his new born

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

I wonder if it's just that they feel they're very "close" with a deal for Schenn and others not so much?

Because he's very tradable. Leads the league in hits. Cheap cap hit. Plays defense. Cup ring!

You could be stacked with Dmen and still want him for depth if you were swinging for the fences.......

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, ronthecivil said:

Because he's very tradable. Leads the league in hits. Cheap cap hit. Plays defense. Cup ring!

You could be stacked with Dmen and still want him for depth if you were swinging for the fences.......

Also great team guy, leader, fights, right handed Rd (which is an extra premium) 

Im with most here. 

2nd or better otherwise re-sign this man

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

that would be my line to a team in the east........I want a young roster player/prospect or your late first.  Other than that, I'll dangle him to another team in the east.

If no one wants to pay that price, re-sign him and let him enjoy his new born

Although, I'd probably settle for a second after I swing for the fences

1 hour ago, BCNate said:

While I appreciate your opinion, you don't really get a say.  If the market is a 3rd, he will get a third, if it's a 2nd, he will get a 2nd.  Reality is, Schenn is going to get dealt to the highest bidder.  As long as he gets dealt , it is positive on 3 fronts.....We get more draft capital that can be used to either pick a player or use to move up/down, we lose a good D which helps us get a better pick, we get to take a look at 1 extra prospect down the stretch.

That doesn’t even make sense.  He is giving his opinion on not moving Schenn if the return isn’t enough and re-signing him instead.

”you don’t really get a say” is a weird and dumb thing to say on a discussion forum.

It isn’t a way out their opinion to think there could be value in keeping Schenn that beats a late 3rd or 4th round pick.  Just picture a world where someone knows there is no one to respond and takes a big run at Hughes in the next two months and he is out for 6-8 months missing part of next season.

A 3rd round pick is nice, and has a 20-25% chance of turning into a regular NHLer, and a slim chance of turning into someone who plays in the top half of the lineup.  There is less chance of it turning out to be an NHL player who plays on the roster for two years than signing Schenn to a cheap two year extension.

There is absolutely an argument about keeping him, even being a huge asset management rebuild guy like I am.  Acting like a class organization also has a value since the player fraternity is small.  Not trading a guy so he can help his family is a class thing to do and shows loyalty that players may reward with loyalty.

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

it'll be a late second, so I'm meh.  I'd rather keep him

There can be good defensemen drafted in the 2nd round. 

Ppl still cry about Tryamkin and guy was a 3rd rounder. 

Im ok trading him for a second while letting him know there's an offer waiting for him in the summer. 

15 minutes ago, ronthecivil said:

Exactly...all those reasons drive his value up. In all honestly, I think we will all be pleasantly surprised in his return; his cap can fit onto any team in the league, without having to move cap or such. 

• There it is 1