The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at San Jose Sharks | Dec. 07, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Cromeslab said:

Stop it with the twitter achievements,we haven’t accomplished anything yet

Well if we stop with the twitter achievements, then we should stop the negative comments?  Don't think either will happen.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

I feel the same way about these Canucks like I felt about my first wife...even after divorcing her, I felt compelled to check in on her and see how she was doing.  Sort of what I'm doing with this version of the Canucks.

In the past 10+ years, there was only a smattering of players that I despised on the Canucks...Vrbata and E r i k s s o n were players I simply hated. 

With this version of the Canucks, I've developed an unhealthy hate on for Miller, OEL, Garland, Myers and Stillman.  So much so that it's overriding my love for Pettersson, Hughes, Demko, and the rest of the team.  Someone help me, please.

Hughes 1.1 PPG full season pace 90 points

OEL .5 PPG full season pace 41 points

Schenn .3 PPG full season pace 25 points

Bear .3 PPG full season pace 25 points

Myers .25 PPG full season pace 21 points

Stillman .2 PPG full season pace 16 points

Canucks blueline contribution full season pace 218 points.

Can’t even remember the last season our D were contributing like this.

10 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

With this version of the Canucks, I've developed an unhealthy hate on for Miller, OEL, Garland, Myers and Stillman

Garland started the comeback vs Montreal. Seems to have his bite back. Drew a penalty tonight. 

Miller runs the power play which is top 10 in the league. Tough and edgy player. I’m so glad he’s signed. 

OEL is highly underrated on these boards. Get over how he got here and his cap hit and think of how much worse we would be without him in the line up. 
He tough as nails. Great with the puck. Runs the 2nd PP and plays huge minutes. Get over it and shake your head. 

Myers plays a run and gun style game. Same as OEL. When he’s out of the line up he is instantly missed.

I said it so many times over the last couple of years. There are some really good players on this team. I still feel like there’s some growing that needs to happen but if they can start figuring out how to play together and be more consistent they will be dangerous at some point soon. 

Edited by bad alice french
  • Upvote 1