The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Horvat to Detroit

HKSR

Gustav Lidstrom isn't that great. He isn't having a good season. Bear is better than him.

They have solid LD prospects who I would rather have like Buium, Wallinder Johansson.

Even a RD like Tuomisto might have higher upside. 

Other than that this was a deal I have mentioned before. 

27 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I'm kind of done with the interchangeable wingers this organization is fond of collecting.  If we're selling off a stud like BoHo give me a bona-fide blue-chip top 2 defenseman please.

If you're referring to Kasper, I think he's not that "interchangeable winger" (Lindstrom might not have that ceiling but he's stable, and the prospect could reasonably be flipped for a blue-chip defenseman if he continues to progress - for GMs like Yzerman, Sakic and Nill in Dallas, I'd be pretty keen to trust in their picks since they're pretty adept at building teams, and seems like Kasper was highly touted since his draft [unlike Seider, and look how he turned out]).

This is a great proposal and exactly the kind of return I’d like to see. Yes Lindstrom isn’t the best D prospect but he’s worth a look. Kasper could definitely replace Bo after a few years in the NHL. The pick could end up being a defencemen we need.

As a huge Horvat fan I’d also love to see him in the motor city. If he’s indeed getting traded 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HKSR said:

To VAN:

Marco Kasper (top tier prospect)

Gustav Lindstrom (a very good NHL capable RHD that is still young)

1st Round Pick

To DET:

Bo Horvat

https://octopusthrower.com/2022/10/23/detroit-red-wings-face-off-woes/

Not an yzerman kinda move at all I don’t think unless it comes with an extension but still hard to see him doin it