The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Winnipeg Jets at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 17, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Pickly said:

Not even close to being bottom 5. The Ducks organization know what’s up. Got some good young talent and sh*t the bed for a year or two, draft Bedard and boom, gonna be better than the canucks in 3 years because this team continues to tread in mediocre land by being not bad enough to be a lottery team but not good enough to make the playoffs. 

I was at the Leafs / Ducks game in Toronto Tuesday night and the Ducks have some nice young players in McTavish and Terry but looked like a bottom 5 team for sure and got smoked 5-0

27 minutes ago, Maginator said:

This team is too good for a tank. We suck, yeah, but we have too much talent. Tanking means trading everyone and playing AHL'ers which isn't going to happen.

Sorry I'm a realist. We won't be tanking. Expect a 10-15 overall pick.

Thats probably right. But maybe we can get creative. I know everyone thinks OEL and Myers are the worst. But lets imagine the team without both of them. We could get rid of both of them and replace them with AHL guys. That might put us in Bedard territory 

5 minutes ago, the_impersonator13 said:

I was at the Leafs / Ducks game in Toronto Tuesday night and the Ducks have some nice young players in McTavish and Terry but looked like a bottom 5 team for sure and got smoked 5-0

Ducks are still rebuilding cause Murray, was force to resign and he was the one who started the rebuild.  Plus, it seems a lot of teams are stealth tanking and can you blame them cause this draft is loaded.  Really baffling, that the Canucks still have a shot at a WC - smh

Edited by ShawnAntoski

5 minutes ago, the_impersonator13 said:

Yes. And thats what they want. They will be better than the Canucks, Flames and Flyers in 3 short years. Potentially WAY better

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

7 minutes ago, jyu said:

Who is the guy on Francesco's right hand side? He can't be dumber than Frank, can he?

Let that guy run the team.

I got a kick out of Allvin asking Cuthbert who leaked the info about Boeser's agent being allowed to look for a deal for his client because it didn't come from him!  Or any body else within Canuck management to his knowledge.

Back in the Gillis days, people used to speculate that one of the idiot brothers like Roberto used to leak info to somebody in the media back east.  Info that could only have been leaked during meetings.  

I think it says a lot when the players think they play really good hockey away from Rogers according to Hughes. They win more but is it really good hockey? The defense is still awful. They have had to out score their problems all year. The standards are just so low on this team. It's very frustrating to hear how they think they play really good. They play well enough to just get by but they think that's really good. I don't think so.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

24 minutes ago, jyu said:

OEL does most of those things you listed well. But shot blocking is a huge part of shot suppression, especially on PK where you are expected to be out of position from time to time just because the other team's best players are making world class plays and the only option you have is to make the last ditch effort. OEL doesn't do that part well.

Maybe we should have shown interest in Rick Bowness as head coach before he got this old. He and AV have stood the test of time

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, the_impersonator13 said:

Troy terry ain’t that young. Same draft year as boeser

12 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

I got a kick out of Allvin asking Cuthbert who leaked the info about Boeser's agent being allowed to look for a deal for his client because it didn't come from him!  Or any body else within Canuck management to his knowledge.

Back in the Gillis days, people used to speculate that one of the idiot brothers like Roberto used to leak info to somebody in the media back east.  Info that could only have been leaked during meetings.  

dang so it's true. francesco has the highest IQ out of the Aquillini brothers.

11 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Ducks are still rebuilding cause Murray, was force to resign and he was the one who started the rebuild.  Plus, it seems a lot of teams are stealth tanking and can you blame them cause this draft is loaded.  Really baffling, that the Canucks still have a shot at a WC - smh

Yeah - absolutely. We're so bad but ownership/management have this false hope because we're so close to WC. I am in no way a Leafs fan but I was impressed with their defensive structure eventhough not a lot of big name dmen. What a difference than watching opposed to Vancouver.