The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 27, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Did you see J.T. Miller last year? how old was he?

Have you seen Bo Horvat this year? how old is he?

was Petey a better play as a rookie or now?

was Hughes a better player as a rookie or now?

3 of the 4 above are only getting better, as they get older?

Goalies are a different species altogether, I don't feel like giving myself a headache :ph34r:

Isn't the age bracket of 26-30 when most NHL players are in their primes?

Conservative max is 31 but usually the feeling is that by late 20's you would have already peaked there are exceptions of course but take Jamie Benn for example how he declined (though somehow he's having a resurgence but who knows how long that will last) 

Another point is that maybe it's healthier for this fanbase if the Canucks just blow it up and rebuild from scratch. 

I think we've experienced enough false hope that maybe it's time not be fooled by it.

We thought the bubble year would lead to something tangible to carry over. It didn't 

We thought the Bruce there it is moment last season would also carry over. It hasn't

So 3 wins in a row isn't really something we should hang to. 

Canucks have some good players I agree. But they aren't getting it done in this organization. Maybe they can find more success elsewhere. 

Would I love this core to stay intact ? Sure I love Horvat, Hughes, and Pettersson and really want them to be an important part of this franchise til they retire but sometimes we have to let our emotions go and face reality.

Edited by iinatcc
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Another point is that maybe it's healthier for this fanbase if the Canucks just blow it up and rebuild from scratch. 

I think we've experienced enough false hope that maybe it's time not be fooled by it.

We thought the bubble year would lead to something tangible to carry over. It didn't 

We thought the Bruce there it is moment last season would also carry over. It hasn't

Canucks have some good players I agree. But they aren't getting it done in this organization. Maybe they can find more success elsewhere. 

Would I love this core to stay intact ? Sure I love Horvat, Hughes, and Pettersson and really want them to be an important part of this franchise til they retire but sometimes we have to let our emotions go and face reality.

Zero chance of that happening and that is the crux of the self inflicted frustration some of this fanbase. 

With how many cap strapped teams they are there are very few rebuild options, and players we have available don’t fit in with trade partners. 

If were far too screwed to build around Hughes and Pettersson why tf would Chicago and Adizona want them or give up assests to acquire them. 

19 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Bubble year was the best and worst thing to happen. Bubble off-season was :sick:

If Bo goes team will be setback…will be a quick turnaround though building around Pettersson and Hughes. If Bo goes, Miller should be moved as well.

Edited by J-23
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Bubble year was the best and worst thing to happen. Bubble off-season was :sick:

If Bo goes team will be setback…will be a quick turnaround though building around Pettersson and Hughes. If Bo goes, Miller should be moved as well.

The Bubble was fun and was one of the Bright spots during the height of the pandemic.

Having said that I think most of us, including myself and management, thought this team was further along than it actually was. It didn't help that the series win against the Blues was partly attributed to an opponent that wanted to leave the bubble as soon as possible. So it gave a false illusion that the Canucks were up there with the defending cup champs. 

6 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

I'd rather have a guy that can be responsible as a Center myself. Miller has been crap in the middle all year despite you saying it's everything but that. I'm pretty sure he was moved off Center initially because he wasn't doing the job. That was well documented. We'll see moving forward what happens but being placed on the wing while playing an AHLer at Center because of BB's lack of trust in the 30 wingers on this team is far fetched at best.

JT saving Bo's crappy season first, now Centering a line all by himself.

200.gif

:lol:

an $8m 3C

• Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Hughes just turned 23, EP 24, they very well may elite for another decade.

If this management group can find a way to fix the Defence with a few stay at home D, we are going to be competitive.  

Just for the hell of it... add prime Tanev and Bieksa to this Dcore, and remove Boeser and Myers.  This team becomes a legit playoff team.  That is how far off we are.

Possibly. I am more comfortable saying this about Pettersson.

Hughes ceiling is still a bit uncertain. Sorry to quote Sportsnet again but apparently one of the host talked to a very respected person in the industry and saw his ceiling as Brian Campbell. So not exactly elite but very good. 

44 minutes ago, stawns said:

an $8m 3C

I don’t know if that is an entirely fair take but he’s not a match up or responsible enough for defensive duties either. 

30 points in 34gp is clearly 2nd line numbers. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, BC_Hawk said:

Your right…this team has no problems; starting terrible and giving up in games early is just their MO. 

It was an honest question.

I haven't heard those reports from anyone but Hirsch.

I have heard a bit of hearsay and speculation.

You're saying that due to their losing games and that you believe they give up ...that means the room has issues?

...and giving up early? I see it that they often were leading in games, but have had crap D and no Demko so we couldn't hold those leads. They then went to have some games where they have come from behind, prompting BB talk about team resilience and to state that the team now believes they can come back..So I wouldn't look to assume room issues. Which is why I asked. 

10 hours ago, Maginator said:

I like your take.

It wouldn't surprise me if he sticks with this line for the rest of the season tbh.

No one expected Alex Burrows to work with the Sedins, but it did and he stuck there..

Pederson has the skill and IQ to play with Petey.

Would be a massive addition out of no where if he does. But he brings a different skill set than hoglander / garland  or boeser to our winger mix 

Edited by R3aL
  • Cheers 1