The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday December 29 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets - 5:00pm PT/6pm MT/8:00pm ET - Canada Life Centre

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

42 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

For people watching from Ontario who pay 40$ a month to have this game blacked out (such as myself), how do we watch this game? Is TSN3 going to be blacked out as well?

Illegal stream probably the only way to go

Remember when some folks wanted to trade Miller for this guy? Lol

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2528971

Rangers make Lafreniere a healthy scratch after a 4th-line demotion:

New York Rangers forward Alexis Lafreniere will be a healthy scratch Thursday night against the Tampa Bay Lightning, Blueshirts head coach Gerard Gallant said, according to USA Today's Vincent Z. Mercogliano.

Gallant dropped Lafreniere to the fourth line for Tuesday's game against the Washington Capitals, which New York lost 4-0.

"I want him to be better," Gallant previously said when asked to explain the demotion. "He's got some chances to play with good people, and he's played well at times, but it's the inconsistency."

Lafreniere struggled Tuesday night, registering only one shot on goal and committing a pair of giveaways in only 13:14 of ice time. He's notched four assists in his last seven games but managed only four shots on goal in that span with none in three of those contests.

The 21-year-old forward has collected only five goals and 12 assists across 36 contests this season. He's in his third campaign with the Rangers, who drafted him first overall in 2020.

Many experts viewed Lafreniere as a generational talent when he was a prospect. He's shown flashes of his potential at the NHL level but hasn't had sustained success. The former QMJHL superstar has produced 36 goals and 33 assists in 171 career NHL games after hitting triple digits in points for the Rimouski Oceanic in consecutive campaigns.

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

I’d still do it in a heartbeat. Guy turned 21 2 months ago, he’s got loads of time. 

He + Chytil then yes but the money in and out wouldn't work.  Rangers are up against the cap as well.  It's a big draw back working with teams with no cap.  It's a high priority for the nucks to have more cap wiggle room, so it limits our trading partners dramatically.  

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Remember when some folks wanted to trade Miller for this guy? Lol

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2528971

Rangers make Lafreniere a healthy scratch after a 4th-line demotion:

New York Rangers forward Alexis Lafreniere will be a healthy scratch Thursday night against the Tampa Bay Lightning, Blueshirts head coach Gerard Gallant said, according to USA Today's Vincent Z. Mercogliano.

Gallant dropped Lafreniere to the fourth line for Tuesday's game against the Washington Capitals, which New York lost 4-0.

"I want him to be better," Gallant previously said when asked to explain the demotion. "He's got some chances to play with good people, and he's played well at times, but it's the inconsistency."

Lafreniere struggled Tuesday night, registering only one shot on goal and committing a pair of giveaways in only 13:14 of ice time. He's notched four assists in his last seven games but managed only four shots on goal in that span with none in three of those contests.

The 21-year-old forward has collected only five goals and 12 assists across 36 contests this season. He's in his third campaign with the Rangers, who drafted him first overall in 2020.

Many experts viewed Lafreniere as a generational talent when he was a prospect. He's shown flashes of his potential at the NHL level but hasn't had sustained success. The former QMJHL superstar has produced 36 goals and 33 assists in 171 career NHL games after hitting triple digits in points for the Rimouski Oceanic in consecutive campaigns.

Is there anyone that still wouldn’t?

We get out of 8 million dollars a year for Miller while picking up a 21 year old former 1st overall pick.

Where’s the downside?

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Is there anyone that still wouldn’t?

We get out of 8 million dollars a year for Miller while picking up a 21 year old former 1st overall pick.

Where’s the downside?

We'd need another centre sooner rather than later. ALaf doesn't play centre. Unless we try to convert him. But it doesn't work Cap wise for NYR.

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, awalk said:

Illegal stream probably the only way to go

embarrassing how the NHL allows this, because I have no other option. I have Bell, I have SN Now +.. wtf else am I supposed to do? 

I have EVERY SINGLE NBA game the entire season. Do they just want me to spend my time watching the NBA instead? 

• Huggy Bear 1

The good:  WPG has some injuries and they're at home, during the holidays, so hopefully they'll be  little sleepy.

Canucks don't beat WPG often, but they have a good chance tonight. They have the skill and can score in bunches. Have to figure out how to beat Hellebuyck. It would be great of they never looked back at 0.500 and continued the winning. Start catching up to teams, get into that wildcard spot. Hopefully Demko comes back in a few weeks and returns to form. They could make a big trade or two at the TDL and maybe they go for it. Maybe we haven't seen the best of this team yet. 

• Upvote 1