The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Dec. 29, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

51 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Brilliant... too bad he didn't do it yesterday though...

I think way too much has been put into this. Players are like every day people, and they react differently...

if Canucks would win a cup with Miller, do you think anyone would give a crap about, how he behaves in certain situations. 

I am not a huge Miller fan, but at least he shows a heart beat. 

Maybe it was over the top, but I think, we are heading into lady bing territory here. 

I wish, we had some more big nasty players, or just nasty players, that could lose the plot now and again. 

Where's the fire, that makes players TAKE IT instead of waiting for it to be given to them. 

Its when the chips are down, they tend to go missing.. If only a few more would show some life, maybe just maybe there would be something to cheer about. 

Hate Rat boy with a passion, but would love to have a similar player in our line up... doubt he would be a good choir boy...

On a side note, up to this season, was this not the common complaint about Bo, that he didn't show any emotions on the ice? Now the puck is going in, its not being mentioned, bit once his hot hand goes cold again, I'll put good money on the same complaints surfacing again. 

I love watching Canucks, but don't think this team has it in them, and its not just a D-issue... although is is improving. 

Well, we need players that can play really tough. Not nasty as Roussell or Virtanen. They just make the team look really bad. 

Not childish egos like Miller either.

Just players that can be tough and give our star players an easier life on the ice. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, quattrobaj said:

Seems like the only freakouts are from canucks fans about this whole thing lol... spending so much time debating about this where both sides can agree that this whole thing will be not even talked about by next week is just a distraction to the bigger problems like the PK and the break downs..  Good job JT for causing this distraction.

I don't believe this is correct. Faber and Quads addressed this today. Canucks fans were pretty split on the whole subject since we're pretty used to Miller pulling this kinda crap. Outside of the market it seemed more like people were absolutely shocked something like that would happen on ice. We're kinda used to it now.

This sums it up pretty close to what I'm describing actually. Other teams fans are ripping him pretty hard. It was a really bad look.

Edited by Shayster007
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Devron said:

Bruce said it himself. Mountains out of molehills.

ya don't think maybe Bruce is doing damage control?

also, "its loud in there"

c'mon, these guys might just use signs

its loud at baseball as well

Does anybody actually think Bruce is using his voice to tell his goalie its time?

man, there is some thickness in this room!

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, lmm said:

I like Miller too

but he was not a necessary trade at the time Ol Jimbo brought him in

Miller is a good player and a high scoring complimentary piece

BUt Tampa went on to win 2 consecutive cups right after ridding themselves of JT Miller

the problem here is that he is a leader

just not the leader we need to be a successful team 

To be fair on Ol Jimbo, if management had traded him last summer, he would have been a good investment, no?

Get your 1st round pick back, a roster player and a prospect? Or at worst a 1st round pick and one of the roster player/prospect..

Signing him to 8 year contract was JR/PAs doing...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Barnstorm said:

What’s everyone paying for the 24-48 hour argument package? 

I left for 4 hours...mall, shopping, ate. Come back and it's the same vicious cycle repeating itself, over and over.

What was that Frozen song again?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1