The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames | Dec. 31, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

38 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

They just spend their money so unwisely. We are a laughing stock. Spend to the cap and really don't have much to show for it. Over and over again and they continue to look foolish. No one envies our franchise and when you spend to the cap and are near the bottom of the league it's not good. They just don't seem that bright when it comes to hockey. 

Calgary ain't much better.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Maginator said:

Trade both Miller and Bo. 

Sadly I don't have faith that management will trade Miller after handing him that contract.

Thinking about this actually makes me so freaking frustrated. 8 God damn years of this.

I've got great news for you. His deal is only for 7 years and this year is half over. So only 6 1/2 more years. That's barely more than Louie got. :lol:

• Haha 1

The worst part of this whole thing is that at the beginning of 2013 (the last year ending in 3), the Oilers were a joke with one of the most pathetic teams and management the NHl has ever seen, a total laughing stock, with no future.  We had the Sedins, were at the top of the division every year and a playoff lock.  Now, 10 years later, the Oilers look primed to win the Stanley Cup this year with the greatest player in the history of the NHL and we have no future, no hope in hell of making the playoffs, no plans, no superstars (EP, Demko (who can't even play right now due to being hurt, and QH are total laughing stocks) and our captain hates his own team so much that he can't wait to flee and totally incompetent management, coaching and ownership that would make an all-volunteer Junior A-run team look superb in comparison.  Not to mention, for some reason, we just gave the biggest a**hole in the entire NHL (No. 9) a massive undeserved 8 year contract.  We've turned into the 2010s Oilers.  It's a nightmare from the bowels of hell, itself, and I'm finally just done with it at all! 

Happy bloody new year!:picard:

Edited by CanucksFan8353
  • Haha 1

Miller has such a rallying effect on everyone we should all be happy he’s locked in for 7 more years. He really has all those rare  galvanizing intangibles , his game is so complete  I’m really happy we have miller. He’s really brought the fan base together. And the team is so tight knit now. Millers great. I really love miller. 

29 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

I've got great news for you. His deal is only for 7 years and this year is half over. So only 6 1/2 more years. That's barely more than Louie got. :lol:

I’ve got bad news for you. His new deal doesn’t start until next season.

So 7 1/2 more years to go actually…

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 1

Happy New Year CDC!   Woke up early to watch the game ... yikes.   Guess maybe should go back to bed lol.   Anyways, 2023 - should be a pivotal one.   Bruce's comments "Best players weren't the best players"  enough said.   This team is bouncing back and forth ... when it's on can beat anyone with firepower.   Tough to lose two points to a division rival, it's always nice to beat CAL. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2