The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames | Dec. 31, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

51 minutes ago, chon derry said:

Schenns reaction isn’t cool either but where there’s smoke….

During periods of frustration (aka losing) many teams have internal flare ups...happens.  Not too concerned about it.

Want teams that "care" vs accept it...this is just a sign of guys who do care. It vents outward at times.

4 minutes ago, chon derry said:

Sesame Street was brilliant...loved that my kids could watch it but there was always an underlying adult element to be found.

The ONE show I could watch with my kids without it being painful. This is the song that never ennnnnnnnds........ (ahhh)

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

It’s a hybrid…it knocks you out like Indica but gives you energy like Sativa…so your basically stuck in the middle…just like LE…amazing stuff really. 

How hi are you …..er  I mean hi how are you. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Sesame Street was brilliant...loved that my kids could watch it but there was always an underlying adult element to be found.

The ONE show I could watch with my kids without it being painful. This is the song that never ennnnnnnnds........ (ahhh)

Just watchd a doc on Sesame Street yesterday.

Great work by those people. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I’ve thought about things and decided to take a humorous approach since the whole org top to bottom is becoming laughable. Tack on a few more years of waiting until some management group gets it right. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

5 hours ago, IBatch said:

Timra i know your support for your fellow countrymen is admirable.    LE could have been a great support player for us at 2.5.    Nobody would have complained, he'd have finished his career with us, and we'd likely have fond memories of him as well.   Instead it's meme's,  his own emoji for awhile (instead of baghead rough game) and still his name is used as an example of Bennings worst contract.   OEL still has some support, and LE did the first couple years too, although it didn't take long for the vulture's and jackels to start circling either.    We are seeing the same thing now with Miller. 

It's too bad the media and fans take such offense over someone not earning their paycheque (which is understandable, practically everyone has worked with someone who's not productive and gets the same or more pay, rubs you the wrong way).   It's truly too bad that NHL discloses their deals to the public.    Suppose it might be too hard to keep it from leaking.   That said IF the league and NHL decided to only offer the term and kept the salary under wraps with threat dismissal etc, this sort of hate would dissipate fast.  

Instead we'd be talking about how grumpy Miller is lately, pouty etc, but wouldn't he so worried about it.   And with LE he'd actually have quite a few fans - the guys that like the "little things" and appreciate that he was a good PKer which of course he was.    It is what it is, and you know i defended him more than once.   

If only he played on the third line and produced similar numbers.   Playing most of it on the first or second line ... yikes.   Believe he had 5 points his first 7-8 games or something like that.    Never scored more than 11 goals with us, and his high water mark was 29 and was a minus 11 that year.   That's terrible production for a top six guy making that sort of money, and a considerable portion of his overall points, we're empty net ones lol.    Why the memes just for that.   Guy scored 38 goals, quite a few of them into an empty net, two less than his high water mark in one season ... over 252 games.   

Scotty Walker,  Matt Cooke, Ruutu ... still have their fans.   Getting paid chump change and affecting the game in not so Lady Byng fashion.    Miller never will get voted for that trophy lol.   And well, all he's done overall, is lead the team in scoring (so far) over the past 3.5 years.   Not a good comp.  

I agree. It would be great to be able to simply judge a player on their play, and not their salary.

Just wanted to add that after the salary cap went in place it’s not so much about so and so is making this much and isn’t earning their pay. The concern is more about the player eating up a chunk of the precious cap allotment that could be spent on a more productive player.  In the “old days” if the owner was one of the wealthier ones, they could just buy a replacement and keep the fans happy

2 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Yes because there's a guy that went all out.....when there was an empty net and the puck was 3mm away from him.

Go Loui! :towel:

323771557_1061258868165470_8197969191490

Like Bieksa, I can't defend the lackadaisical stuff either but I, too, love the fire. If it was JUST indifference, sure. But JT's driven by emotion and passion that can also help the team so it balances out. Right now?....not so much. But I, like a handful of others, think he'll turn it around. As long as he contributes, I can accept some of the flaws. Expecting more from him.

;) Yeah I'm just joking around. It is super ironic though Loui's skillset of playing strong D and his PK ability would probably be pretty useful right now.

Miller needs the team to be playing good and he adds a great finishing touch then. Unfortunately he is not a technical student of the game so he doesn't provide fundamental structure. We need more defensive minded players to compliment him.

Horvat doesn’t care cuz he just wants out of Vancouver. He’s given up and the only reason why he’s trying is to get himself traded.. I mean if he isn’t scoring nobody wants him. He wants to go to winning team rather than try to make his team a winning team. That’s the easy way when you just join a playoff team. everyone is playing selfish which is why we can’t win important games. I think. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 2