The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Alexis Lafrenière

13 minutes ago, Devron said:

After this year we won’t need to talk Bo or JT trades. They are either gone or new deals kick in. I’m kinda looking forward to that tbh.

no kidding. some stability with this organization next season would be a bonus after all these years that we've had to endure instability here. 

makes me think that the Gillis era was like a dream. Benning and now JR and AP are both nightmares...

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Doesn’t sound like the Rangers are disenfranchised with him:

“It’s part of being a young man,” Gallant explained. “He’s 21 years-old and played parts of three years in the league obviously with COVID. It’s part of the game. Kaapo (Kakko) has sat out games before and people sit out games. It’s not a big deal.”

It's not like the Rangers would say they are disenfranchised with him. They're not that dumb. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, Fanuck said:

With the Avs getting spanked by TO the other day and currently getting beaten by Vegas as we speak, you got to think they're interested in doing something with that roster?  They're currently out of the PO picture.  We need one legit contender somewhere to make a serious move to get this ball rolling.....get the other GM's off their butts and moving some assets. 

I mean, maybe they're okay missing the playoffs this season. They did win it all last year, maybe they're thinking, another top prospect in the 2023 draft only makes them stronger for 2023/2024 season. 

42 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Doesn’t sound like the Rangers are disenfranchised with him:

“It’s part of being a young man,” Gallant explained. “He’s 21 years-old and played parts of three years in the league obviously with COVID. It’s part of the game. Kaapo (Kakko) has sat out games before and people sit out games. It’s not a big deal.”

Yeah, but also you don't make a stink in the media. Has anyone ever just been like "yeah we don't want them and are waiting for a trade."

31 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Boeser’s been struggling, obviously, he’s got to be better, but I think they’re coming to a realization here that maybe it’s time to explore this. So, I don’t know where it’s going to go, but I do think Boeser’s representatives have permission to talk to other teams, although, at this point in time, the team and the agents have not confirmed.

Doesn't sound like "yeah we don't want them and are waiting for a trade." 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

right? 

Though, I do believe that Bedard, even if we don't draft him, will inevitably come home when he becomes a UFA. The Canucks are his team growing up, cheering for them, he's a big fan of the club. Hard for me to believe that when he has the chance to play for his hometown team, that he'd pass. I think he takes it, and he comes home signing. Petey and Hughes will be in their early 30's at that point, but I think they'd still be very good veterans. Depends on where the team's at. One can dream that we suck from January onwards, and we continue to drop to the point where we have somewhat of a chance to draft the hometown kid. 

Would be a dream scenario for both Bedard and for the fans. 

Hoping our team by then looks great that having Bedard would be more of a luxury at that point. 

and he be doing better than Tavares did when he came over from NY to Toronto. 

8 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Boeser’s been struggling, obviously, he’s got to be better, but I think they’re coming to a realization here that maybe it’s time to explore this. So, I don’t know where it’s going to go, but I do think Boeser’s representatives have permission to talk to other teams, although, at this point in time, the team and the agents have not confirmed.

CDC logic is this though: yes, Boeser is on his way out. He hates the Canucks because fans here have called him slow.

And get this, people are complaining that he's not scoring anymore, even if he's racking up assists. 

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

right? 

Though, I do believe that Bedard, even if we don't draft him, will inevitably come home when he becomes a UFA. The Canucks are his team growing up, cheering for them, he's a big fan of the club. Hard for me to believe that when he has the chance to play for his hometown team, that he'd pass. I think he takes it, and he comes home signing. Petey and Hughes will be in their early 30's at that point, but I think they'd still be very good veterans. Depends on where the team's at. One can dream that we suck from January onwards, and we continue to drop to the point where we have somewhat of a chance to draft the hometown kid. 

Would be a dream scenario for both Bedard and for the fans. 

Lots of so-called hometown boys don't ever play for their hometown team though.

21 minutes ago, coryberg said:

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/vancouver-canucks-brock-boeser-agent-has-spoken-to-six-nhl-teams-about-trade-1.1889835

I’m not trying to rain on your Lafreniere parade, but he was just scratched for a game, which got trade rumours started.

Pierre Labrun confirmed Boeser’s agent is active in finding a trade. Leaking this to the media sounds like the team is waiting for a trade to me.

Edited by Kenny Powers

14 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

CDC logic is this though: yes, Boeser is on his way out. He hates the Canucks because fans here have called him slow.

And get this, people are complaining that he's not scoring anymore, even if he's racking up assists. 

I’m not sure what you’re talking about here. Who’s logic is that?

10 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/vancouver-canucks-brock-boeser-agent-has-spoken-to-six-nhl-teams-about-trade-1.1889835

I’m not trying to rain on your Lafreniere parade, but he was just scratched for a game, which got trade rumours started.

Pierre Labrun confirmed Boeser’s agent is active in finding a trade. Leaking this to the media sounds like the team is waiting for a trade to me.

Still havent heard the team say "yeah we don't want them and are waiting for a trade." That was the original question that you tried to answer with the article.

7 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Still havent heard the team say "yeah we don't want them and are waiting for a trade." That was the original question that you tried to answer with the article.

By giving the agent permission to facilitate a trade, what do you think the team is saying?

2 hours ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

NYI- You want Horvat or Miller? Price is Dobson. 

NJD You want Horvat or Miller?  Price is Nemec.

CAPS You want Horvat or Miller? Price is Alexeyev/Lorio/Hugo Has

LAK You want Horvat or Miller? Price is Clarke/Grans +

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

You want a top RIGHT HAND DEFENSEMAN back on the deal, Alvin.

A top R-I-G-H-T  H-A-N-D  D-E-F-E-N-S-E-M-A-N, for f**ks sake. 

I think a lot of people will be disappointed when they realize Horvat and Miller won't land us a piece like Dobson/Nemec/Lafreniere/Byram.

We could get a 1st and good prospect, but those top tier prospects are only obtainable when elite players go the other way.

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

I’m not sure what you’re talking about here. Who’s logic is that?

The logic, or lack thereof, is that every trade "rumour" that involves a player must be true, particularly if a Canuck player is involved. On the same token, every discussion that miraculously involves the Canucks requires us to offer the players we don't want (or the lowest offer possible), in exchange for a player that the other team is speculated to trade away.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, MrCanuck94 said:

I think a lot of people will be disappointed when they realize Horvat and Miller won't land us a piece like Dobson/Nemec/Lafreniere/Byram.

Yeah, I'm not convinced those other teams would trade those pieces for Bo or JT. Definitely not for JT. 

Laf, though, i suspect could be on the table and could be had, but not for cheap. Dobson definitely won't come cheap, and neither will Nemec. Byram is a no for me with all his injury history and concussion/head issues. 

Why would the Rangers be interested in Bo, when they already have two adequate defensive centermen, playing on their two top lines?

I think a deal involving Podkolzin and Kuzmenko, would be more reasonable and in favour for them. Considering, the chances of retaining Kuzmenko is more likely than them retaining Horvat.