The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. New York Islanders | Jan. 3rd, 2023 | SNP, 7:00PM PT | New Years Edition

Rate this topic

Roberts

1 minute ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

His ice time has been limited for a few games now, he's cheap but wouldn't surprise me if they are planning on letting him go.

We could still sign him back in the summer.  He's a "glue guy".

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

It's not????? Hate our team. Always the polar opposite of what the diehards want <_<

Ownership and management have been so tone deaf to their fans for the last decade why would anyone be surprised?

Even the players say they love them so they don’t even wear them once the following season? 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Team tank baby, let's get that top 5 pick. If there was ever a year to embrace being bad it's this one. 

Trade JT, Kuzmenko/Boeser, Schenn and dare I say Horvat too and the Canucks could recoup some good assets and possibly nab a top 5 pick. Just need Bedard to say he will only sign with Vancouver and not have the Canucks have to pay through the nose to acquire his draft rights...very doubtful to happen but here is hoping he signs contracts that get him to UFA as early as possible and he signs in Vancouver!

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Ok all team tankers should have to promise to just be happy if we lose.

No pouting about the players performance AND saying they support the tank.

That would make no sense. 

If you think OEL, JT, Myers, Stillman etc.. are playing poorly, you should be stoked and simply sing the praises of your now anti-heros.

Then, the few of us left that want to win no matter what can enjoy watching hockey with out all the cries of angish. 

Well said. Pick your lane. Tankers want change so don’t b!tcu about the losses. Don’t get mad at the folks that are enjoying a win either. 

I made a pledge to let it flow for the rest of the year. I see the benefits of both winning and losing this season. I’ll enjoy the win and keep calm for Bedard during the losses 

• Cheers 3

11 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Ok all team tankers should have to promise to just be happy if we lose.

No pouting about the players performance AND saying they support the tank.

That would make no sense. 

If you think OEL, JT, Myers, Stillman etc.. are playing poorly, you should be stoked and simply sing the praises of your now anti-heros.

Then, the few of us left that want to win no matter what can enjoy watching hockey with out all the cries of angish. 

I support the tank while simultaneously wishing for certain players to be moved out. 

But that being said, just because some folks would rather us bottom out doesn't mean we want to see a complete lack of effort. Every player on the team is being handsomely compensated to play a game, if they're not living up to their contracts people are going to talk about it. If criticism is warranted at times so is praise, it goes both ways and everywhere in-between. If you want to cheer for wins and revel in victory go for it, but you're not going to get the zen CDC you envision. 

It's a discussion board, folks are going to discuss.  

• Vintage 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

But that being said, just because some folks would rather us bottom out doesn't mean we want to see a complete lack of effort.

People want the cake and want to eat it too. There will be lack of compete in order to lose. When this team is firing and on the same page it’s a pretty good team.

Just now, Devron said:

People want the cake and want to eat it too. There will be lack of compete in order to lose. When this team is firing and on the same page it’s a pretty good team.

So what? I don't see anything wrong with folks who'd rather us bottom out also wanting to see effort on the ice, or with wanting to be entertained. That's what sports are about after all, entertainment. 

Effort is important, even if we bottom out we're going to need effort going forward beyond this season. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

I support the tank while simultaneously wishing for certain players to be moved out. 

But that being said, just because some folks would rather us bottom out doesn't mean we want to see a complete lack of effort. Every player on the team is being handsomely compensated to play a game, if they're not living up to their contracts people are going to talk about it. If criticism is warranted at times so is praise, it goes both ways and everywhere in-between. If you want to cheer for wins and revel in victory go for it, but you're not going to get the zen CDC you envision. 

It's a discussion board, folks are going to discuss.  

Oh I don't expect a lot of CDC to agree with me.

Many love to complain in both directions. 

We should tank and also play to our abilities while making smart trades to make our team better.

That a tough needle to thread and get satisfaction. No wonder it is quite the discussion.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Oh I don't expect a lot of CDC to agree with me.

Many love to complain in both directions. 

We should tank and also play to our abilities while making smart trades to make our team better.

That a tough needle to thread and get satisfaction. No wonder it is quite the discussion.

Such is the nature of people, most of us are living bundles of contradictions. We're complex, and a lot of the time what we want is complex and multifaceted as well.

• Cheers 2