The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday January 5 2022 - Vancouver Canucks vs Colorado Avalanche - 7pm PT/9pm CT/10pm ET - Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Some of them were yes.

Difference is he used that “fire” to make him better. Like he would turnover the puck yes, but then make up for it by scoring a big goal.

This season is a whole other level. He’s not skating hard at all, he’s taking bad penalties, and he’s playing with zero heart.

I see a player that has cashed in and knows he doesn’t need to play hard anymore. That or he’s hoping he gets moved. 

He did and he didn't.  I was banned more than once for pointing out jT's toxic nature and complete lack of effort on defense.  As I've always said, a guy like JT is great when things are going well, but incredibly toxic when they arent

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

The players on the team have plenty of tools and the skills to use them.  I see very little evidence of a coordinated system in their own end or the nzone.  That's BB's job

But they don't use the tools, nor do they put in the effort. As I said. The mix is wrong. How many coaching changes have to be done before the blame falls on the players? 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

The players on the team have plenty of tools and the skills to use them.  I see very little evidence of a coordinated system in their own end or the nzone.  That's BB's job

I see very little in terms of players having the IQ to execute. That’s not on Boudreau.

Like Boudreau said before it’s not in the system to hand the puck to the other team. Is it on him when Bear decides to throw the puck right in front of his net? Or if Miller can’t get the puck deep and gives up a 2 on 1? Or Chaos Giraffe decides to turn his brain off?

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

I see very little in terms of players having the IQ to execute. That’s not on Boudreau.

Like Boudreau said before it’s not in the system to hand the puck to the other team. Is it on him when Bear decides to throw the puck right in front of his net? Or if Miller can’t get the puck deep and gives a 2 on 1? Or Chaos Giraffe decides to turn his brain off?

That might explain some of Chaos Giraffe's results. A faulty brain switch? 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, stawns said:

He did and he didn't.  I was banned more than once for pointing out jT's toxic nature and complete lack of effort on defense.  As I've always said, a guy like JT is great when things are going well, but incredibly toxic when they arent

You were banned for that? There’s a dude on here who often advocates acts of violence on referees and seems to get a free pass.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I agree those things were there but they’re on another level this season.

He doesn’t even attempt to back check now. He made lots of defensive plays last season that I can remember. 

And he countered poor plays with really good ones. Right now he’s not even putting the effort in on either end of the ice.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

4 hours ago, Salacious Crumb said:

My gut says Demmer is done as an elite goaltender. Big red flag when they won’t say what his off season surgery was for. If his hips never get right again he is done.

We’ve been spoiled with over a decade of stellar goaltending. Where do we go from here?

Silovs ... Latvia's national team goaltender.  Future Canucks' Allstar

I Think Elliot Friedman summed it up perfectly yesterday on the Donnie & Dhali show saying that the team is just mentaly exhausted knowing the Coach, Captain and likely half the team are on their way out and they're simply waiting for the hammer to drop.    This team is DONE & OVER WITH !     

The Rebuild needs to begin soon. If Aqua-lini still denies the need for a rebuild and gets in the way then he should step aside and let an adult run this team!  Stop wasting everyones time Frankie!

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Locke Lamora said:

The only Vancouver media worth listening to, in my opinion, are Halford and Brough….and Ian MacIntyre when ever he appears. Though young guys Faber and Quads showed promise, but they have regressed….and are now debasing themselves with the gambling stuff too.

I listen to a lot of Seattle sports radio these days….some really good talent talking sports down there. Not a ton of hockey chat though.

Emerald City Hockey pair (YouTube) are pretty good  -  post game wrap up after every game, a few specials, and every now and again some coverage of the Coachella Valley Firebirds

4 hours ago, Salacious Crumb said:

My gut says Demmer is done as an elite goaltender. Big red flag when they won’t say what his off season surgery was for. If his hips never get right again he is done.

We’ve been spoiled with over a decade of stellar goaltending. Where do we go from here?

Yeah reminds me of the hip surgery Eddie Lack never really recovered from. 

• Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah, honestly better player and teammate but a total pedestrian. Maybe JR thought he interviewed with Pittsburgh West?

All-time NHL iron man, was a top end offensive talent, still possesses a good measure of speed, supposedly a good teammate, beat cancer, would probably be chill to have a beer with 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Right now I'm willing to see them try anything. 

That’s the thing.

Like you can look at that D and say wow that’s terrible. But can it really be worse than what we’re seeing? We have the worst defensive stats in the league!

A guy like Brisebois deserves a look. He plays the style that this team needs. A calm stay at home guy that can move the puck. And if you look at top teams in the league, even they have guys on their D that you wouldn’t think of as NHL regular. Guys like Chatfield on the Canes. He may not be the best defender but he plays the role the coach wants.

And I love Schenn’s physicality and leadership but there’s no way he should be in the lineup every night. He’s a number 7 that comes in and out on the bottom pair. Dermott has the skating that this team sorely lacks.

Why do we keep putting out guys like Myers and hoping they can be a top 4? This team has always been afraid to hurt vets feelings and bench them. It’s why we never have any accountability.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Locke Lamora said:

The latest thing going around is that EP really doesn’t like Miller. If true, consider me unsurprised. For a guy who gives it at both ends of the ice like Petey does, with the body frame of a stork, it must really burn him to watch JT do his thing out there.

He appreciates that Miller has second most hits on the team after Schenn.  He loves the saucer passes JT gives him on the powerplay for one-timers. He loves JT's doggedness on the forecheck. He has said all that in various interviews (hits comment was generic, not specifically re Schenn).

What's your basis for your opening assertion? (Italicized above)