The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 05, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

38 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I am to much the pessimist these days. I watch young #11 Guenther for Team Canada score the Gold medal winning goal and realize he was the 1st Rdr we gave up to get OEL. Yes, totally unfair assumptions and all that. Bottom line IMHO is that the last things the Canucks need to do right now is actually win hockey games. Ideally the team goes on a scoring binge to raise the value of the trade pieces but still lose the games! My mindset is total dive. :( 

We would have a full drafted team if we didn't always trade our picks. Every player we need is always available in our pick range but we elect to take the playoffs now route and that also doesn't work out lmao.

Let's be honest too though, Since EP and huggy we are back to missing non stop ( for immediate help ). Hopefully the long term development route works for some guys 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Pettersson has not played that well over the last few games surprisingly, but he has had moments of brilliance like setting up kuz that show he's one of those elite guys.

Boeser has a real lack of finish but i can see why he is of interest to other teams. A change of scenery might break whatever is holding him back. 

Edited by OldFaithfulCap
m

Seen this too many times to be excited, the few times we've put in a complete effort this season have been followed by 3 or 4 complete duds. Until this team can string games together that look like this I'll reserve my enthusiasm. Every time this team seems to turn a corner that corner ends up being a cliff.

Edited by Harold Drunken
  • Vintage 2
  • There it is 1

COL sucks this year. So bad in fact that the Canucks are 2-0 against the Avs this season.

This is a problem, because now the Canucks org thinks that they've just beaten the Stanley Cup champs again :lol: and might believe they're good enough to make a playoff push. Just stop it. Trade players before they get injured. 

• RoughGame 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, themcdeal said:

The Canucks now have a 3.3% chance of making the playoffs!!!!

Well, it's clear then....trade some futures and prospects for 30 something year old players that may us play meaningful games in March and ensure we pick outside the top 10!

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

Edited by Harold Drunken
  • There it is 2

21 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

We would have a full drafted team if we didn't always trade our picks. Every player we need is always available in our pick range but we elect to take the playoffs now route and that also doesn't work out lmao.

Let's be honest too though, Since EP and huggy we are back to missing non stop ( for immediate help ). Hopefully the long term development route works for some guys 

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Elias Pettersson is currently on pace for 99 points.

Bo Horvat is currently on pace for 60 goals.

The Canucks are 31st in goals against, only Anaheim is worse.

The Canucks are currently on pace to not make the playoffs.  Maybe JR needs to invest in a defenceman or two...

To be fair...invest what? lol Arguably one of the thinnest prospect pools in the NHL and no cap room. I 100% agree with you, there's just no realistic way they can right now unless they sell hard at the deadline....which they 100% should. But what people need to realize is this team will get worse before it get's better...even if the blueline improves, especially since improving our blueline or depth there would mean trading Bo and others. 

Edited by Harold Drunken
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

Well, it's clear then....trade some futures and prospects for 30 something year old players that may us play meaningful games in March and ensure we pick outside the top 10!

Keeps the owner satisfied. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Harold Drunken said:

To be fair...invest what? lol Arguably one of the thinnest prospect pools in the NHL and no cap room. I 100% agree with you, there's just no realistic way they can right now unless they sell hard at the deadline....which they 100% should. But what people need to realize is this team get's worse before it get's better.

Getting worse is not in the owner’s direction. 

• There it is 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Getting worse is not in the owner’s direction. 

Yep, unfortunately unless Aquaman changes his philosophy of making money and post season revenue > on ice product and competing for a cup this is what we're stuck with. The 2011 finals were likely just a nice consolation prize for him....he already got what he wanted...$$$$$$$$. 

Swr3 Basti GIF

• Sad 1
  • There it is 1