The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

39 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

We’ll be fine Stawnzy,   That money for EP is in Boeser  Myers and OEL,  and the cap should rise significantly.

We are, and will be one of the youngest NHL teams with Miller,  which is another fixation on him.

Oel and Myers will have to be replaced and that will cost pretty close to the same amount.......and oel is here for the duration of his contract, imo.

Boeser will bring back cap, imo

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

On Dec. 17th, PA said  “the franchise is not interested in a rebuild but is interested in making trades.” Doesn’t that signal they want to be competitive again next season?

Trading either of Miller or Demko would set us back a couple seasons. Unless the aggregate trade returns / UFA signings replace their contributions next season, I don’t see it happening.

fair to say the returns we're seeing for lesser players would fall into that category, no?

9 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

Hasn't Petey said multiple times in interviews that he wants to win and soon?  You trade Horvat, Miller, etc, etc and I don't think you have to worry about a new deal with him as he's GTFO dodge.

If they offer him enough to stay, he likely will. He can always request a trade after a few years if things aren't improving. 

15 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

On Dec. 17th, PA said  “the franchise is not interested in a rebuild but is interested in making trades.” Doesn’t that signal they want to be competitive again next season?

Trading either of Miller or Demko would set us back a couple seasons. Unless the aggregate trade returns / UFA signings replace their contributions next season, I don’t see it happening.

I think that (in December) the team thought they could sign Bo and before Tocchet came in and told them

how bad the team really is.

I think Miller is a very good player, but even better on a contending team.  Last year he was amazing;

driving plays, putting up huge #s and practically dragging the team on his back.  He's a passionate

guy, so I think this is the JT you will see on a contender.  This season he is a different player, although

still getting close to a point a game.  What we are seeing is a frustrated JT that is playing on a garbage

team, that is years away from being a contender.  My take is that Miller would be quite happy to

be traded to a contender and would add ++++ to his new team's playoff run.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

I think that (in December) the team thought they could sign Bo and before Tocchet came in and told them

I think Miller is a very good player, but even better on a contending team.  Last year he was amazing;

driving plays, putting up huge #s and practically dragging the team on his back.  He's a passionate

guy, so I think this is the JT you will see on a contender.  This season he is a different player, although

still getting close to a point a game.  What we are seeing is a frustrated JT that is playing on a garbage

team, that is years away from being a contender.  My take is that Miller would be quite happy to

Those are good points on what JT may want. I suspect PA sees him as a means to remain competitive for the next few years, and the plan was always to keep at least one of BH or JTM.

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

So no matter what the Canucks do in a trade with Miller they will be retroactively punished for a legal move made under the CBA and Edler will get a suspension?

unless a team, like Carolina, has the space and desire to take on a contract with term

13 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

once they moved Horvat, all bets to remain competitive were off, imo.

• Tanks a lot 3

17 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

As of now, his point of view is fairly spot on.  Kotkaniemi has not played to his current contract.

Neither has Dach, Kakko, Lafrenier, Newhook, Wahlstrom , Rasmussen, Vilardi, Tippett, Mittlestadt and

(until recently) Chytil.  Like Kotk, all are hoovering around .5ppg and less.  I suspect most of these

young players will develop into better players.

• Cheers 1
  • Tanks a lot 1

2 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Neither has Dach, Kakko, Lafrenier, Newhook, Wahlstrom , Rasmussen, Vilardi, Tippett, Mittlestadt and

(until recently) Chytil.  Like Kotk, all are hoovering around .5ppg and less.  I suspect most of these

and that's why, imo, he's such a good target.  He's not currently all that far off of playing to his contract, given intangibles in his game, and it's very likely in 2-3 years that his contract will be a steal

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Ok and ?  I simply said he hasn't played to the contract he's being paid.  Sure some of those players may develop and some may not.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Kotkaniemi won’t be one of them to do so. Mid.