The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Jan. 10, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

That time of year, god no lol I do have a pair of friends that moved there will catch up with them though. 

One of my best friends is an Oil fan so going with him 

That makes sense. I’m thinking man you really love the NHL lol. My sister lives there. Hate the place. Hate the drive but I go a few times a year. Concerts, visit my sister etc. half the distance of Van for me 

• Cheers 1

This seems to be the tale of the tape for our season. The amount of leads blown have a couple things in common….2EFFFB09-1F94-4EE6-8E80-A60AB6071E67.thumb.jpeg.29cd57f731e897cd91c31ad0fcec2db1.jpegSpecial teams and faceoffs have lost us almost every single multi goal lead this season. When we blow a multi goal lead we are almost always below 45% in the dot which is crucial to every aspect of the game. 5v5, PP and PK. Losing draws kills every aspect of where we could gain momentum or keep a lead.

Just now, eeeeergh said:

You me coconuts and oldfaith know there’s only 1 timeless jersey 

Last time I was there the princes jersey was the only one left for bid. Believe it was cancer night. I regret not placing a bid

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Well, Sharks win tomorrow as well, they’re only 1 point behind us.

Man, if that pick turns into a top 10….that’s tough lol

Well… they just blew a 3 goal lead in the 3rd including 1 disallowed goal lol. Only to win the challenge and get scored on right after

2 hours ago, Devron said:

It’s true I’m enjoying this. 5-4 win. No empty net against. A masterful tank game 

and 

we kept Guentzel off the score sheet

small morel victory

yes, I meant mushroom

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Man, BB is driving this tank hard.  There isn't an identifiable defensive system that I can see........he sure out to be disappointing.

However, the most disappointing thing about that game was the Rutherford quote between the second and third.  How blind can you be?  The cap situation wasn't that complicated, you complicated by not trading miller and boeser and then signing them to a combined $15m, then going out and spending the rest on fwds. 

Say what you, but JB had a plan and he had a deliberate timeline he was following.  This management group has fumbled this far worse than anything JB did, but want to put them blame on anyone but that blosted front office.  There are too many people in this org who want to deflect any responsibility........I'm honestly at the point where I'd like too all management and coaches fired and hire the twins to run this team.

Yes, they had a chance to steer good ship Canuck in the right direction to change a losing team's ways but chose to stay the course of GMJB.

All the new front office hures are just doing the same thing as the previous regime but Rutherford's interviews make it worse by insulting the intelligence of this fan base with his BS

2 hours ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

What are you talking about? No one has the time or the patience to wait another 3 years to watch lackluster games or team.

Not every fan wants to tank, tanking means you are okay with 3 years of guaranteed no playoffs, I am not okay with that. I actually like going to games now both for dates and for business, I am not down to watch a young team for 3 years I want a competitive team now, even if they lose as long as they are entertaining i am happy tanking isn't fun.

I wonder if you will still be here, and paying big bux for lower bowl seats in 3 years

Just now, GB5 said:

Yes, they had a chance to steer good ship Canuck in the right direction to change a losing team's ways but chose to stay the course of GMJB.

All the new front office hures are just doing the same thing as the previous regime but Rutherford's interviews make it worse by insulting the intelligence of this fan base with his BS

All they had to do was make two moves and all would have been peachy keen.  But they didn't, they made things far far more complicated than I thought anyone could and are now looking for someone else to blame.  He'd make a great MAGA

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

I mean it could be worse!?!..We could be alcoholics and addicted to drugs!?!?!...Right?

I use this strategy a lot. After staying up too late watching a Canuck loss, checking out Natural Stat Trick, reading commentary on CDC, Canucks Army, PITB and elsewhere and posting some comments myself, I feel guilty about wasting time. But I say to myself

i) I'm not drunk

ii) I am not stoned on drugs

iii) i didn't waste a bunch of money

iv) I didn't do anything that makes me worry about STDs (not that I have any time in the last 25 years and I am married).

v) For that matter, I didn't even potentially expose myself to Covid, the flu or anything else

So, hey, that's a win.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Keep Mik,  

He was brutal on that 4th goal against. Never liked us giving that much to him when we had the most depth at the winger position to begin with. Mik has fit in here decent but if a team wants to acquire him at some point during his contract he signed with Vancouver then I would move him especially if the offer is good!

6 minutes ago, GB5 said:

I’m not thrilled with the Miller signing (in hindsight) but:

a) it’s not that bad. Miller is a 70+ point player and worse players are being paid more (Huberdeau) 

b) outside of that, management made some very smart free or cheap pickups (kuzmenko and mikheyev cost us nothing to get, and we got Bear for scraps, they also picked up Filip Johansson for free and he’s been very good in the SHL) 

this management team has been nothing like GMJB. GMJB would sign the most overpriced free agent available to “make a splash”, let our valuable UFAs that we paid 1st rounders to get walk, and then trade away our 1sts. 

New management hasn’t committed those same sins.. yet. So I’m holding back the pitchforks til they do something like that. 

Someone out there is going to give Horvat (30 goal, 55-60 point 2nd line Center) 9 million a year, and thank god it’s not going to be us. PA is likely going to get a ton of assets in exchange for him, more than we would have got for Miller. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

I’m not thrilled with the Miller signing (in hindsight) but:

a) it’s not that bad. Miller is a 70+ point player and worse players are being paid more (Huberdeau) 

b) outside of that, management made some very smart free or cheap pickups (kuzmenko and mikheyev cost us nothing to get, and we got Bear for scraps, they also picked up Filip Johansson for free and he’s been very good in the SHL) 

this management team has been nothing like GMJB. GMJB would sign the most overpriced free agent available to “make a splash”, let our valuable UFAs that we paid 1st rounders to get walk, and then trade away our 1sts. 

New management hasn’t committed those same sins.. yet. So I’m holding back the pitchforks til they do something like that. 

Someone out there is going to give Horvat (30 goal, 55-60 point 2nd line Center) 9 million a year, and thank god it’s not going to be us. PA is likely going to get a ton of assets in exchange for him, more than we would have got for Miller. 

The moves JB gets flak for were harmless deals because he knew what the real timeline was.  None of the players he signed were going to impede his ability to support the real core of the team as they started to take over.  All his "terrible deals" were set to expire in the next or two, right when Petey becomes "the" guy.

This management team.hss f***** this up far worse than JB would have. 

• Cheers 3
  • RoughGame 1

4 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

No word of a lie, when we went up 3-0, I had a gut feeling we were going to blow the lead. I even said to myself “I have a feeling this lead isnt safe”….

I made a bet with a co-worker in PA who's a Pens fan that the loser buys beers next time we meet. I knew when we were up 3-0 I'd be buying!!! 

• Haha 3
  • Huggy Bear 1