The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edit- Rick Tocchet Expected To Be Next Head Coach

Rate this topic

BertaNuck

7 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

*Checks notes* yep Gillis drafted and developed 1 single player. Solid transition from the Sedin era. Lol. Not like we needed talent or anything to sustain a winning culture after the twins retired. Nahh thats dumb. We’ll draft a new team in our first draft. Dont worry about it.

Here's the roster from 2015/2016.  By and large the Gillis signed roster.

Show me on it where Gillis signings are still hurting this team.

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/2944

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0000392016.html

Now tell me how Benning is not at fault for this current team and roster and how it's all Rosey and positive.

With our winning percentages from Bennings hiring to firing sitting at

Screenshot_20230116-101218.thumb.png.77c32414789f6a203e8c39ce5c488e97.png

Our prospect pool sitting at 

https://theathletic.com/3923067/2023/01/09/nhl-prospect-rankings-2023/

Our cap and organization management rankings

https://www.espn.com/nhl/insider/insider/story/_/id/34642722/nhl-future-power-rankings-grading-all-32-teams-roster-prospects-cap-situation-management

Without mentioning at all that Gillis' youngest potential prospect in Horvat is going to be 28 in 3 months meaning that everyone else would be 29, 30, 31, 32 years old this nowhere near prospect status.

I don't give a Randy shart what your opinion is.  You come across as a petulant child and your arguments are that of a saucy Muppet.

Benning is 100% at fault for the state of this organization the state of it's current cap the state of it's prospects rankings and the state of the on ice product and roster with Rutherford and Allvin shortly taking over the spot of blame for cap and on ice product within 2 seasons.

Go ahead and tell me how this is wrong and how Buffalo is developing its prospects in Dahling and Powers properly and how it's comparable to the Canucks because Gillis picked at 26tg for average and they're 1st overall players that stayed back a little after their draft.

I'm done giving you attention 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

hippyin British English

or hippie (ˈhɪpɪ IPA Pronunciation Guide)
NOUNWord forms: plural -pies
a. 
(esp during the 1960s) a person whose behaviour, dress, use of drugs, etc, implied a rejection of conventional values

ahhhh now I get it.

Can't debate the point.  Does this instead.

Color me shocked.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Ok so to summarize.  Draft position IS important?

But Gillis while drafting at an average of 26th failed in his 5 total drafts while Benning in his 7  total drafts while drafting at an average of 9th was successful?

Tell me.  Who failed more.

Gillis for Hodgson** at 10 Gaunce at 26, Jensen at 29, Schroeder at 22, Horvat at 9, Shinkaruk at 24

Or

Benning for Virtanen at 6, McCann at 24, Boeser at 23, Juolevi at 5, Pettersson at 5, Hughes at 7, Podkolzin at 10.

Tell me, based on "draft position" who is the bigger failure at drafting?  We will skip development because of all the aforementioned players the only one truly developed was Shinkaruk as he never really left the AHL

Lol yea move the goal posts and ignore that Shinkaruk failed to develop hence the AHL career. Lol

Truly developed are guys who actually graduate from the AHL to the NHL.

You still havent answered as to why Gillis couldnt find or draft ANYTHING outside of Horvat? What about every other round? Benning found Forsling in the 5th round??? Tryamkin who was homesick in the 3rd round. Gaudette whos played over 200 games in the NHL, Hoglander>Garland, Lockwood whos now getting some games a, Gadjovich whos found himself in an NHL lineup and providing something this team lacks aka Toughness.

Should Gretzky be stripped from awards and accolades and banned from the NHL because he was also part of the gambling ring as well? 

I don’t mind Tocchet being hired. Do I think there are better coaching options? Absolutely. 

People don’t realize you can be a terrible person and not be convicted of anything. You can be convicted of a crime despite it not being an act that was hurtful to a specific person(s) I.e gambling and defrauding a corporate entity. Gambling crime attributed to addiction fuelled by THE SAME ENTITIES promoting gambling every other minute between commercials and ads, creating a systemic culture of gambling. The games we watched are all sponsored by gambling.  Same people that profit off of these ads and prey on individuals are the real criminals, direct your focus on them. 

At the end of the day, comparing relatively minor gambling crimes to human indifferences such as the SA of a co employee is absolutely asinine. 

Edited by Connor McDooDoo
  • RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Here's the roster from 2015/2016.  By and large the Gillis signed roster.

Show me on it where Gillis signings are still hurting this team.

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/2944

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0000392016.html

Now tell me how Benning is not at fault for this current team and roster and how it's all Rosey and positive.

With our winning percentages from Bennings hiring to firing sitting at

Screenshot_20230116-101218.thumb.png.77c32414789f6a203e8c39ce5c488e97.png

Our prospect pool sitting at 

https://theathletic.com/3923067/2023/01/09/nhl-prospect-rankings-2023/

Our cap and organization management rankings

https://www.espn.com/nhl/insider/insider/story/_/id/34642722/nhl-future-power-rankings-grading-all-32-teams-roster-prospects-cap-situation-management

Without mentioning at all that Gillis' youngest potential prospect in Horvat is going to be 28 in 3 months meaning that everyone else would be 29, 30, 31, 32 years old this nowhere near prospect status.

I don't give a Randy shart what your opinion is.  You come across as a petulant child and your arguments are that of a saucy Muppet.

Benning is 100% at fault for the state of this organization the state of it's current cap the state of it's prospects rankings and the state of the on ice product and roster with Rutherford and Allvin shortly taking over the spot of blame for cap and on ice product within 2 seasons.

Go ahead and tell me how this is wrong and how Buffalo is developing its prospects in Dahling and Powers properly and how it's comparable to the Canucks because Gillis picked at 26tg for average and they're 1st overall players that stayed back a little after their draft.

I'm done giving you attention 

Funny how all of those teams you listed last night… all have a worse winning % when you said they all had better winning %?

hahaha yes Its all Bennings fault for actually drafting NHL talent. Lmfao.

Gillis had NOTHING to do with the completely empty cupboards and the garbage roster he left behind

3A672662-B0D8-4374-BE41-96E6B3DFCEB4.thumb.png.3f6acb038704a341cad9f5032b530a82.png

What an absolute attrocity

We finally get a great coach who is obviously completely honest and open and then treat him like this?

To bring in a completely dishonest and disingenuous, linked to organized crime, sob who pled guilty (so no contest on the charges)?

This isn't "he did the time, he paid for his crime" forgive and forget BS, he didn't even go to jail!

This is rewarding scummy values and behaviour.

This is the future for all our players and young prospects and assistant coaches, let alone the fans who love respectable leadership like Pat Quinn, The Sedins, etc.

Win or lose, we could always take pride in good effort, good values, good sportsmanship, etc.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Can't debate the point.  Does this instead.

Color me shocked.

Lmao cant debate??? Im still waiting for answers about Gillis’s lack of NHL employment post VAN. 

The answers to who was taking over for the Sedin era?

How many rebuilds have winning %

How many teams did not develop any players and win cups?

What did Gillis actually do for our future?

care to answer any one of these? You keep dodging your losing argument.

1 minute ago, Connor McDooDoo said:

We have a lot of morality police over here. Surely over compensating for past guilt?

Should Gretzky be stripped from awards and accolades and banned from the NHL because he was also part of the gambling ring as well? 

I don’t mind Tocchet being hired. Do I think there are better coaching options? Absolutely. 

People don’t realize you can be a terrible person and not be convicted of anything. You can be convicted of a crime despite it not being an act that was hurtful to a specific person(s) I.e gambling and defrauding a corporate entity. Gambling crime attributed to addiction fuelled by THE SAME ENTITIES promoting gambling every other minute between commercials and ads, creating a systemic culture of gambling. The games we watched are all sponsored by gambling.  Same people that profit off of these ads and prey on individuals are the real criminals, direct your focus on them. 

At the end of the day, comparing gambling crimes to human indifferences such as the SA of a co employee is absolutely asinine. 

Is it?

Your job as coach is winning.  But as coach you've been investigated for match fixing and gambling in your team losing.

Kinda seems a shade irresponsible.

If we're picking and choosing.  All Quenneville did was not speak up about SA.  That's it.  He chose not to talk.  He didn't assault anyone.  He just didn't speak up.

Neither should be behind the bench if a hockey team period.  Yet if we're gonna pick and choose, at least Quenneville didn't possibly take money to throw games and has a winning record.

Neither should be coaching.  

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

What an idiot admitting to this type of unprofessionalism openly. Throws the coach under the bus, says he’s been looking for coaches while a coach is still employed. Garbage management.

Just now, Connor McDooDoo said:

What an idiot admitting to this type of unprofessionalism openly. Throws the coach under the bus, says he’s been looking for coaches while a coach is still employed. Garbage management.

This press conference is amazing - these guys are clueless.

7 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

We finally get a great coach who is obviously completely honest and open and then treat him like this?

To bring in a completely dishonest and disingenuous, linked to organized crime, sob who pled guilty (so no contest on the charges)?

This isn't "he did the time, he paid for his crime" forgive and forget BS, he didn't even go to jail!

This is rewarding scummy values and behaviour.

This is the future for all our players and young prospects and assistant coaches, let alone the fans who love respectable leadership like Pat Quinn, The Sedins, etc.

Win or lose, we could always take pride in good effort, good values, good sportsmanship, etc.

He's been a good coach, but he is not a good coach now