The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday January 21 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

38 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I can't believe it's happening. That was a big deal in OEL's last couple years in AZ. Really doesn't make sense from that standpoint. Unless it's management's way of "getting creative" to urge OEL to want out. 

Would be pretty hilarious if Tocchet is brought in to finish the season and get OEL to waive, only to be replaced by a real coach in the summer, after OEL is gone :lol:

• Haha 3

Absolute train wreck of a season with inept management. 

Bringing in a new coach for what? To try and save the season?  Give me strength!

Pretty much everyone can see how bad this management team are. Throwing away opportunities to make this team better ( by not trading Miller at the TDL last year) 

Alvin and Rutherford- get the hell out of our team. 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Smyl as president and allow him to hire a new GM and assistants.

I don't think they feel Smyl is competent to be the president (yet), and as VP he's probably learning from JR. Maybe he'll take over in a couple of years when the team's good again. 

3 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Say what?

Apparently he knocked him down in practice one time trying to show him how to box out.

OEL wasn’t very happy but people love to speculate.

If anything they butted heads about what Tocchett wanted his role to be.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Say what?

Yeah Tocchet said he was teaching a drill and he absolutely flattened OEL  LOL

OEL got extremely pissed off and was cussing at Rick. Rick said he has a habit of getting too into in these drills 

Edited by Odd.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

Yeah Tocchet said he was teaching a drill and he absolutely flattened OEL  LOL

OEL got extremely pissed off and was cussing at Rick. Rick said he has a habit of getting too into in these drills 

Boeser won't do well under Tocchet.

Miller will.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I don't think they feel Smyl is competent to be the president (yet), and as VP he's probably learning from JR. Maybe he'll take over in a couple of years when the team's good again. 

He's had years of experience and is at least capable of acting like a professional and not disgracing the franchise.  There is no excuse for allowing JR to continue his BS; he has shown zero sign of being willing to conduct himself appropriately.