The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday January 21 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

Just now, Barnstorm said:

Your music is diverse for an old goat!

When I went to Seattle in October to see Band-Maid. I was ready to be one of the oldest to go there. Much to my surprise there was a lot of old goats like me there.

Good music has no age. Just the Neptune theatre needed better air conditioning it was stifling with 2000 people.

19 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Cherry for all his old man faults was a straight shooter and a steward of what the game should be. 

He got Me Too’d. 

He was past his prime and said a lot of stuff I disagreed with but I respected his knowledge and some of his opinions when it came to the game. 

I miss him and his hockey insights and opinions. 

The game is lesser without that good Canadian kid on our television. 

Well said.  He also did a ton for promoting the CHL and grassroots hockey.  I miss him a lot.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, FlyLow_ said:

I have faith that the real Canucks fans will show up tonight and give Bruce the proper treatment he deserves. If you are going to the game tonight please get loud and give him a proper send off!

I have no doubt that the knowledgeable fans are gonna be there and give Bruce the send off he deserves. 

My question is, will the players? 

18 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Don’t agree with why he got canned but mans time was up for sure. 

He wouldn’t have been able to keep up with the player names today anyway. 

I remember when Kadri (whom Cherry loved) came onto the set and gave Don a big Kiss.  Cherry said some really stupid things, but there were some really good moments too.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

When I went to Seattle in October to see Band-Maid. I was ready to be one of the oldest to go there. Much to my surprise there was a lot of old goats like me there.

Good music has no age. Just the Neptune theatre needed better air conditioning it was stifling with 2000 people.

Imagine that place and crowd when Mara-hoochie was tolerated in house. 

1 minute ago, Barnstorm said:

Imagine that place and crowd when Mara-hoochie was tolerated in house. 

The crowd went nuts when Misa (The bassist) opened her beer on stage. And in a sultry voice said "If I could get beer like this..I'D DRINK IT EVERY DAY!!!!!"

And it got weird when Akane  (The drummer) ate a banana. And the crowd begged her throw out the peel. LOL.

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I can never cheer for EDM or CGY over VAN, and I'd be fine if those were the only teams they beat the rest of this season. Win tonight for Bruce, down with those greasy Oilers. Hope Schenn puts McDavid through the boards.

So you want the most entertaining most talented player in hockey to end up injured..what is wrong with you

you can bet he’s the sole attraction for fans tuning in for this game not our beloved pile of shit team that royally sucks.  

• RoughGame 2

7 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

He was commenting on Bruce and an electric chair.  I don’t remember his exact wording…along the lines of avoiding one. 

I don't think a last minute stay of execution from the governor will be forthcoming in this case. 

Edited by tas

20 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I’m gonna do a lot of drunk posting tonight because I can’t stand being sober for this last game of Bruce. 

I can’t stand the fact that this is where we are as fans of this team. 

And because I can’t stand watching the Oilers beat the Canucks. 

Just a heads up. 

This could be the start of another ‘me too’ movement!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I remember when Kadri (whom Cherry loved) came onto the set and gave Don a big Kiss.  Cherry said some really stupid things, but there were some really good moments too.  

His hockey takes became outdated and repetitive and sometimes borderline stupid. His stance on veterans and his patriotism for Canada is what I respect most. He always puts this country first and foremost and for that he will always be one of my favourites. HNIC isn’t the same and will never be the same without him. Always wanted to see what he wore during intermission as a kid.