The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Bruce Boudreau, Trent Cull; name Rick Tocchet as head coach, Adam Foote as assistant coach, Sergei Gonchar as defensive development coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Hockey players and coaches come and go. I cheer for the crest! I loved BB and wish him well. Great attitude. Winning smile, but unfortunately, that does not win games, I wonder if a snarl will.

News at 11.

Edited by J.I.A.H.N
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, 24K PureCool said:

And how would he do that not being here full time? Via zoom?

Tocchet said he'd be here several days a month - number not worked out yet.  No point in his being here when the team is on the road.  I'm sure the Twins and Higgy aren't with the team every day of the season (although they might be in Abby when the big team is traveling)

• Vintage 1

34 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

He was both. 

It was guys like him, Neely (crying) and there's a couple more who were those kind of guys.

They could play the game hard, but could also knock you right out.

Even Clark, who Tocchet scrapped was still able to hold his own. 

But yeah, he wasn't a goon per se, but he easily could have been. 

Oh sure he was a tough player who could scrap but who I was replying to reduced his play to a fighter when he was a lot more than that. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Life life said:

Nothing to try.JR wanted Bruce to do something.Bruce didn't want or couldn't,got fired.Wonder if something personal went between them.Thus revenge.

Oh man, who are you? 

It's a pathetic attempt to justify JR. 

Also, learn how to spell and string together a proper sentence. 

Or, perhaps you should be running this team? Haha! 

3 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Oh sure he was a tough player who could scrap but who I was replying to reduced his play to a fighter when he was a lot more than that. 

And he was a lot more than that. He was scoring, 48 goals, 109 points his top year? That's no punk. That's why I brought up Neely, and those types of guys who could both play the game hard and beat the crap out of you. 

10 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Mostly here for the off-topic.  I'll probably check out the Wednesday game as Seattle is a short ferry ride and it would be nice to give them a shot.

In your inner yourself you will relapse.You know it.Joke joke.Dont be mad.It is life,sometimes bad

29 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Yet to be seen.

if you want to perceive the future in a negative light, go right ahead.

If a Keenan-like era comes about then deal with it then.

too many people jumping the gun because they want to be upset about Bruce, but if we end up a successful franchise because of the difficult changes, same people will start talking out of the other side of their face. 

Bruce tried his best with what little we have to work with that could reciprocate. 
the saddest part of this is that it could be his twilight for his career in this capacity, just like when a player is forced to retire but their heart still wants to play.
it’s potentially a very sad ending to a great career. That’s where the real hurt comes from. it transpired in a very unfortunate matter, but it was absolutely necessary. 

Folks so worried this team will get worse. Maybe check the direction we’ve been trending in. Also, to the same fans, be accountable. Like single

file lemmings, most have clinged onto media speculation about this, developing a slow burn “outrage” over the way this has been handled when it’s a very common but unfortunate circumstance in pro sport. The irony, who’s cashing in right now off the misery? The media outlets and personalities who helped perpetuate the drama. Where’s their apology for adding fuel to the fire? No where, because creating fire is the intention.

for the first time in years we are privy right now to a top 5 pick.  What the F does that tell you about how great this team has been?!? Bruce couldn’t save it, despite giving it his all. new voices, changes and direction needed all around. Can’t say I’m all that fond of who’s in charge now, can’t say I trust them at all just yet, but it’s probably a fair to give them a goddamn chance at least. After all, they are trying to establish a winning team, culture and legacy for us fans too.

OK please tell me how is the media 'speculating' when their reports are 100% accurate.

Name me one other team that have essentially fired a coach a month in advance with everyone knowing who and when his successor is coming in. 

You can't put the whole blame on media, this management group produced an environment that allowed information to leak and for pretty much everyone to pile on. They could have easily avoided this just by firing BB when Tochett name leaked and just go to Yeo as interim especially knowing now that he ain't losing his job. 

Also some here are not disliking Tocchet hiring because of Bruce. He probably need to go so that ain't the maddening part. Some do have legitimate concern over hiring an hard ass like Tocchet given how bad the Torts experiment went. All the arguments for Tocchet were exactly the same as thise given when Torts was hired. Tocchet previous coaching record also does not instill confidence. Given JR previous hiring record, this move also reaks of nepotism (or cronyism if @Googlie wants to go traditional definitions) that further does not instill confidence. 

That said after calming down a little. I wish Tocchet the best after this season as him succeeding trumps my dislike of this hiring or any vendetta to be right. But this season, I hope he craps the bed for Bedard. 

Edited by 24K PureCool
  • Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Oh man, who are you? 

It's a pathetic attempt to justify JR. 

Also, learn how to spell and string together a proper sentence. 

Or, perhaps you should be running this team? Haha! 

English is not my first language.So i shouldn't be here?

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, philtbc829 said:

Why is Mike Yeo still hanging around....he was responsible for that SHYTE show of a Defensive structure, why isn't he gone as well????? WTF....

Have you looked at our management group and head coach? He fits right in. :P

Edited by 24K PureCool