The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Tuesday, January 24, 2023 Chicago Blackhawks(14-27-4) @ Vancouver Canucks(18-25-3) 7:00pm at Rogers Arena SNPTV SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Put everyone in there. When I played rugby we used to play a game called room of doom when we stayed in a hotel. Everyone throws in a looney, tie it in a sock, and the first person out to the hallway with the sock gets the money.

Lol ... that poor hotel room. ;)

We kinda did something similar when I played football. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, chon derry said:

Again why give up quality that you already have and is already proven and wants to be here for quality from somewhere else having to reevaluate someone new. ? This makes zero sense to me. This guys a keeper period! 

It's money for a player at an age range that doesn't fit where this team needs to go. We aren't close to being a contender that's what he needs to be on. You sign him and Bo and we have exactly the same team with no money to make needed changes. I love Kuzy but if we were close to a contender I would say keep him. What if he doesn't sign and walks for free. Is that smart? It's the money we put into him after one season. Who knows if he can do it again.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

2 minutes ago, chon derry said:

Again why give up quality that you already have and is already proven and wants to be here for quality from somewhere else having to reevaluate someone new. ? This makes zero sense to me. This guys a keeper period! 

Timeline. He is gonna be 27 in a month. So looking at 30 when we are competitive at the earliest. Who know what he willbe like at 30.

I guess also the term he wants. If he agree to something like 2 or 3 years then sure. Anything more it is probably better to not have that contract on the books.

I think a lot of people have the mindset that he is like 24 due to how late he entered the league.

Edited by 24K PureCool

Just now, 24K PureCool said:

No, we can get back something pretty significant for Kuz. There is no one on the market that brings that much offense for such a low cap hit especially in such a cap strapped league.

I don’t think so. Kuz is not proven to other around the league. I think if anything we get something similar to what we sent for Toffoli which has done nothing for LA

Sometimes you sell a player and it literally turns into nothing 

• Thanks 1

Just now, chon derry said:

It doesn't make sense with his age and where were at.

Even if we had cap space we still shouldn't be resigning him. This is likely his one best chance at getting the bag...we shouldn't be the one handing it to him after a one year showcase