The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Columbus Blue Jackets at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 27, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Well that explains everything. But I am sure some will think that Milstein is just covering for the Canucks.  I mean his other client just signed a new contract with them.  

Milstein will never do anything like that, he represents many Russian players, and if he screws up, he will lose business, he will do everything for them. 

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

There is now an obvious pattern of the Canucks medical team and management making bad assessments of Free Agent signings or Traded players.

It would seem there needs to be a wholesale housecleaning.

And who are you gonna bring in?

37 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Can anyone with cap knowledge tell us how much extra cap we have now?

This should allow us to take cap off other teams to get deals done no?

if we want to put pearson and mikheyev on LTIR we have 8.75 million add another 5 million if demko is not coming back

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Isn’t that a slippery slope though?

Like what kind of rules does the NHL have in place for when a player can decide to play and when they can’t? What if a player decides to play and it leads to a career ending injury? Is it all on them?

Regardless of all that I don’t understand what the long term plan was. Have him play all season not at 100% until he might need surgery? If they planned on being a playoff team why not get the surgery done right away so he could be back for the stretch drive?

37 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Exactly.

No doctor could let a player play with a major tear. They’d get their license revoked.

However, depending on the amount of stability that the athlete has after the ACL tear, some hockey players with minimal instability can compensate for a torn ACL and skate effectively in a brace for a season. These players should have reconstruction surgery at the end of the season to return full stability to the knee. For those skaters who have significant instability on their exam or for goalies, it is probably best to look at having the ACL reconstruction done right away to protect one’s knee from further damage.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Why does our media keep asking him the same questions over and over when Mikheyev is practically in tears and wants to get the f*ck out of there?  These guys are all parasites. The lowest of the low. 

He's crying ? I just thought he was noticeable uncomfortable and has poor English. Not a very good interview

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Isn’t that a slippery slope though?

Like what kind of rules does the NHL have in place for when a player can decide to play and when they can’t? What if a player decides to play and it leads to a career ending injury? Is it all on them?

Regardless of all that I don’t understand what the long term plan was. Have him play all season not at 100% until he might need surgery? If they planned on being a playoff team why not get the surgery done right away so he could be back for the stretch drive?

I'm assuming that he couldn't make it worse by playing and that it was a matter of pain management and being effective enough, as a player, for it to matter.

No doctor is going to sign off on it and no player would risk their career if playing through could cause a worse injury

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Why does our media keep asking him the same questions over and over when Mikheyev is practically in tears and wants to get the f*ck out of there?  These guys are all parasites. The lowest of the low. 

I wonder how much of it is now he has to face the reality of what’s going on in his country…

Im sure playing hockey was a good escape for a lot of these Russian players.

• Upvote 1