The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Columbus Blue Jackets at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 27, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, stawns said:

And he's not going to risk the rest of his career if he could make it worse by playing through the pain 

Problem with athletes is that they will. Once I you compete in high lvl athletics, that fire doesn't die

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Mikheyev was asked if he was having surgery in Vancouver. He said no.  He must be going down to the US.  I think the top ACL surgeon is somewhere back east. I forget his name. 

For a first time tear the surgery is not rocket science... there are plenty of surgeons in Vancouver who would have zero problems doing the work.

These surgeries are done thousands of times a year in BC.

For a person who has blown out the same knee multiple times, then that is a different issue.... but I don't believe that is the case with Mikheyev... correct me if I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Tocchet went around the room and shook every player’s hand. Never seen that before.  Classy.  All the sh*t that has been said about him is uncalled for IMO.  Until you’ve walked in someone else’s shoes, you shouldn’t throw rocks.  We all live in glass houses. 

No question Tocchet is a player's player... and he did what it took to succeed on the ice.

But things have changed since his day.

The question is whether he has the imagination and flexibility to adjust his own preferred style to the talents and style of the Canucks roster.

It's always two elements...  system... plus individual.  Some coaches never really learn how to find the balance.

• Huggy Bear 1