The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

This, anyone who thinks Bo would say actually Lou I’m a 6.5-7 mill player is beyond delusional. 

Even poster boy for taking less money to be competitive Nathan MacKinnon took the bag. 

It does happen. Some agents don't like and don't advise to go with as top heavy of a contract as possible. Millstien is one of them. He explained it in an interview. 

Andri Kuzmenko could have probably hoses us for another 1 million. One better , he could have went to free agency and see if he could hook a sucker like LouLam for 2-3 million more. 

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He has done that before though so that is moot. He was hands down the best player in the series against St Louis. And numerous other games here. Ignoring that history doesn’t change the fact he’s done it. ::D

I agree with you I would just like to see what he can do in a long playoff run out of the bubble.

2 minutes ago, Metal Face Doom said:

Wow just let it go. Bo is gone.  He would've been fine if he kept his mouth shut.  Unfortunately he said something stupid and the fans who were impartial or in the middle now have a reason to pile on.  Again, not smart on Bo's part.  

His chances of missing the playoffs are high.  If he misses, karma is a b!Tch.  Next time, keep your mouth shut and keep it moving.  

I mean the posters shitting on Bo incessantly could let it go too :lol: let’s not pretend it’s one sided. 

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I don't think a guy having trouble leaving somewhere takes shots at that city.

Not sure it was actually a shot at the city or just a desire to be back in the playoffs again. What he said could be taken a lot of different ways. Regardless; he is an Islander now so I will root for Beauvillier, etc going forward.

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

When moving goal posts, using "strawman" incorrectly and shifting blame doesn't work, ol' reliable Loui emoji is there.

Saying people would defend him for punting a baby is 100% a strawman, wtf do you mean using it incorrectly? :lol:

Edited by canuck73_3

1 minute ago, Metal Face Doom said:

Wow just let it go. Bo is gone.  He would've been fine if he kept his mouth shut.  Unfortunately he said something stupid and the fans who were impartial or in the middle now have a reason to pile on.  Again, not smart on Bo's part.  

His chances of missing the playoffs are high.  If he misses, karma is a b!Tch.  Next time, keep your mouth shut and keep it moving.  

The comment would have been better taken if Bo signed with Calgary or some historic rival of the Canucks. The fact that he took a swipe at Vancouver playing on an indifferent team in the east makes it worse. It kind of made the story. If he played on a rival , this would barely be a story. It would just be a player stoking the rivalry. He made it personal 

Just now, MaxVerstappen33 said:

The comment would have been better taken if Bo signed with Calgary or some historic rival of the Canucks. The fact that he took a swipe at Vancouver playing on an indifferent team in the east makes it worse. It kind of made the story. If he played on a rival , this would barely be a story. It would just be a player stoking the rivalry. He made it personal 

It wasn’t that deep, he was very clearly referring to playoff pushes which have only happened twice in his career. Then a bunch of softies here cried about it. 

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I mean the posters shitting on Bo incessantly could let it go too :lol: let’s not pretend it’s one sided. 

The difference is he doesn't play for us anymore.  We get it, you love him.  just leave it at that.  

Edited by Metal Face Doom
  • Wat 1

Just now, Metal Face Doom said:

The difference is he doesn't play for us anymore.  We get it, you love him.  You just leave it at that.  

Lol that makes zero sense. And I’ll say whatever the fk I want, so let’s leave it at that ok. 

8 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Not sure it was actually a shot at the city or just a desire to be back in the playoffs again. What he said could be taken a lot of different ways. Regardless; he is an Islander now so I will root for Beauvillier, etc going forward.

He didn't need to reference us at all to get across the point it's nice to be in a playoff hunt. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 2

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Lol that makes zero sense. And I’ll say whatever the fk I want, so let’s leave it at that ok. 

It makes zero sense to the one who's thinking based on emotion and someone who has to respond to every negative post on a player you obviously love.  We get it. Carry on.

• Wat 1

3 minutes ago, Metal Face Doom said:

Your Bo Fandom is interesting and nauseating.  Carry on then. You sound obsessed. 

Nope. The constant shitting on him is nauseating and again, I’ll post whatever I want about whomever I want. Don’t need your validation. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Nope. The constant shitting on him is nauseating and again, I’ll post whatever I want about whomever I want. Don’t need your validation. 

Dave Keon came to the Leafs when I was 10. He was my favourite player. If people said nasty stuff about him I got upset and stood up for my guy. I can understand why a young kid will defend his favourite player.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

More excuses. Beauvillier has had no troubles adapting. How is Bo dodging any responsibility for anything? Lol. I swear this guy could punt a baby and y'all would blame someone else.

Riddle me this Mr. Wise one…. How come Beauvillier wasnt able to produce in NYI?????

All of the sudden he is producing at a career high rate.

I think that says a whole lot more about NYI than it does Horvat. But your ignorance of course only sees the drop in production and ignores the rise.

You turn a blind eye to one guys increase in production and only speak about Horvats drop.

So let me get this straight NYI smothered Beauvillier’s potential and Vancouver carried Horvat? K. Got it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Dave Keon came to the Leafs when I was 10. He was my favourite player. If people said nasty stuff about him I got upset and stood up for my guy. I can understand why a young kid will defend his favourite player.  

Not a young kid, I’ll defend any player from unjustified hate canuck or not. The shitting on Bo since the deadline has been straight up pathetic. 

• Cheers 2