The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Blues trade Vladimir Tarasenko, Niko Mikkola to Rangers for Sammy Blais, Hunter Skinner, conditional 2023 1st-round pick, conditional 2024 4th-round pick

17 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Drury making a very shrewd move here. They land a big boy up front who can very likely fit find his offensive game with the Rangers ( also a contract year ) and they solve their defensive shortcomings with an extremely underrated dman.

Rental and retained salary or not, a conditional 1st, Blais, a 4th, and defense prospect Hunter Skinner ?

They didn't have to touch/move anything of value and should benefit greatly from this deal.

Should also confirm for those who still think the Canucks were offered Lundkvist, 1st, Chytil + for Miller can understand now that what you were hearing was what the Canucks likely wanted and the Rangers weren't taking it.

Hopefully people who struggled with the Horvatcreturn see the Canucks while having to retain as well got a very good return on Horvat.

Yeah I’m pretty convinced that the rags never offered chytil, lundkvist, and 1st. 

Return for Tarasenko is very underwhelming. 

A late 1st, long shot prospect, a 4th line roster player, and 4th for 50% retention on Tarasenko and a RHD. 

Rangers made a shrewd move here. Gave up nearly nothing for a RW scorer who has pedigree as a 30goal scorer and a cup champion plus a depth defenceman. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HKSR said:

One game later...

Boeser on pace for 65 points and 18 goals lol

Boeser for all his flaws, is a great facilitator and that's why he's putting up points.

He can't drive the play on his own, but he sure knows how to get the puck to the driver and go to a spot where he can receive and facilitate the play.

He used to be able to finish the plays as well but that shot has disappeared this season.

Just now, jyu said:

Boeser for all his flaws, is a great facilitator and that's why he's putting up points.

He can't drive the play on his own, but he sure knows how to get the puck to the driver and go to a spot where he can receive and facilitate the play.

He used to be able to finish the plays as well but that shot has disappeared this season.

But... but... he's worthless and we'd be lucky to get future considerations for him.... :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

But is that enough to temp another GM to invest $6.65 million in cap space for him?

We'll find out... but the reality is that it's not out of the realm of possibilities.  10 points per $1M AAV cap hit is reasonable.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

We'll find out... but the reality is that it's not out of the realm of possibilities.  10 points per $1M AAV cap hit is reasonable.

I would say we would have to retain heavily because almost no playoff team can fit in 6/65 mil for the next two seasons as well.

Just now, jyu said:

I would say we would have to retain heavily because almost no playoff team can fit in 6/65 mil for the next two seasons as well.

Either that, or we take cap back.  Taking back a contract that ends in 2023-24 would be fine.  We could retain 50% at next TDL and flip for more assets then.

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Either that, or we take cap back.  Taking back a contract that ends in 2023-24 would be fine.  We could retain 50% at next TDL and flip for more assets then.

Yep. My feeling is that we won't be able to trade Brock this TDL. Something could get done in the summer or next TDL.

Just now, jyu said:

Yep. My feeling is that we won't be able to trade Brock this TDL. Something could get done in the summer or next TDL.

Might not be in our best interests either.  His play can only go up from here.  I highly doubt it'll get any worse.  If he does find his touch again, we definitely could sell him for a lot more next year.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I dislike the Rangers almost as much as the Laffers. That said I watched a bit of their game last night and they looked very good. A lot of size on that team. 

Rangers are for real for long time, perhaps if they played on the West, they will have much more chances for a Cup. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...