The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Blues trade Vladimir Tarasenko, Niko Mikkola to Rangers for Sammy Blais, Hunter Skinner, conditional 2023 1st-round pick, conditional 2024 4th-round pick

4 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Sounds convoluted. But it makes sense. I still doubt the trade value is the reasoning. But even if it is, it's dumb.

Maybe they've been kicking the tires on Patrick Kane and CHI have initially said they wanted the higher of the two picks already if Kane agrees to be moved. Thus the importance of keeping the higher of the two?

Might be dumb, might also be a real reason to it. Either way, also better to have the higher of the picks so even if they don't move that pick, they get the player they want at the higher spot rather than potentially losing the player to a team they traded a higher pick for. Also trading down from say 25 to 28 at the draft would net you another pick most likely, which is added value (I'd call that a little more than microscopic value IMO).

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

That was an option hey. What's it like just finally waking up and it being 2023 not 2019?:P

People really have no ability to google capfriendly and realize nobody in the league has cap space. "JuSt WeApOnIzE cAp SpAcE." Contending teams can't just take 5-6mil a year players without sending cap out, hell Bo is nearly a 9mil a year player. The dollars have to make sense, but these armchair GMs on CDC don't have any sense.

37 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Nope. QH is a sure thing. Top 10 and potential for top 5 defenceman. Picks are not guaranteed. It would have to take a 1OA for that to be considered (obviously not this upcoming draft).

I posted not too long ago in NJ / Hughes rumours that same sentiment..

My thoughts: possibly Severson , Nemecs, and one of Bahl / Mukhamadullin.

We need to load the D core prospectus.

Severson has 1 or 2 seasons remaining to UFA.  great asset.

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

People really have no ability to google capfriendly and realize nobody in the league has cap space. "JuSt WeApOnIzE cAp SpAcE." Contending teams can't just take 5-6mil a year players without sending cap out, hell Bo is nearly a 9mil a year player. The dollars have to make sense, but these armchair GMs on CDC don't have any sense.

cap space back, sure........on an expiring contract, not one with another year left.  You also don't retain on Horvat's contract either.  They should be in a position, with some cap space, to use it to add prosects and/or picks.  They made a deal with 5 weeks left until the tdl, when they would have had much more leverage with teams.  

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

it should have been an option, that's the point.  

But it's not. You need to learn to adapt to the current market. When every GM and top tier analysts says it's a dollar in dollar out market rn. You don't just convince yourself taking on any cap means capdump lol.

Do you actually think AB looks bad? I think he looks like a typical middle 6 speedy complementary winger. Nothing special but he definitely will have positive value next season when we retain 50% and he's only 2m x1 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, SilentSam said:

I posted not too long ago in NJ / Hughes rumours that same sentiment..

My thoughts: possibly Severson , Nemecs, and one of Bahl / Mukhamadullin.

We need to load the D core prospectus.

Severson has 1 or 2 seasons remaining to UFA.  great asset.

Severson is a UFA this off season

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

it should have been an option, that's the point.  

But it's not. You need to learn to adapt to the current market. When every GM and top tier analysts says it's a dollar in dollar out market rn. You don't just convince yourself taking on any cap means capdump lol.

Do you actually think AB looks bad? I think he looks like a typical middle 6 speedy complementary winger. Nothing special but he definitely will have positive value next season when we retain 50% and he's only 2m x1 

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

how do you know what the market is and the market now compared to what it will be closer to the tdl are not the same.  It was poorly played by PA 

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

I think he's been invisible and he's a redundant player in the lineup

• elephant 1

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Thanks fo correcting me..

Perhaps a 3 way Stawnzy ;) 

Best Friend Summer GIF by Ultra Records

I'd be more than happy with Severson coming back as a cap dump in a deal with NJ.........give him a month to see how he fits and if they want to re-sign him, or let him walk to FA and get the cap space

7 minutes ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

its basically a 1st for tarasenko and a 3rd for mikkola.... which may be a indicator for schenns value... if he can get healthy again.

I suspect Schenn has more suitors than Mikkola and is almost league minimum salary. Should at least get a 2nd for him. If not, then don't bother moving him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • elephant 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

how do you know what the market is and the market now compared to what it will be closer to the tdl are not the same.  It was poorly played by PA 

How out of touch with reality can you be. The landscape of the league is the single most talked about topic for YEARS! Like I said every GM and analysis say it's mostly dollar in dollar out :P

2 hours ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

that is the strangest rule i have ever heard of... when did this come into effect? jeez... the NHL surely is out to get us with this rule that boeser must be traded last...

July 1, 2022

$6.65M day

Allvinie asked for the ruling himself

• Haha 1