Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Feb.11 @ 9am

Rate this topic

Ted Lasso

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Actually it isn't.

There's Garland, Boeser.

Schenn isn't the problem.

And we're not a 2nd round pick away from the Cup.

Garland, BB6, and other players could provide similar return.

I don't know about that. They have had awful years. Scoring wise. The other teams aren't stupid and their contracts are way too high for what they are doing. We likely have to give them away because they are being paid so much.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It's a start, yes. We hold onto players for way too long and it has never worked out. A pick is important especially since we don't have a lot on the farm. At this point anyways.

Get your sound logic out of here man! 

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Actually it isn't.

There's Garland, Boeser.

I think the issue is that Schenn is the one that other teams actually want

• Like 1

Just now, greenbean30 said:

We have won 5 games since the new year, and lost 11. That's a 31% winning rate, you can't really expect much worse. No team in the NHL loses every single game.

Oh, I agree. Considering the dreadful teams below us, we really need to lose a serious run of games to make headway closer to the bottom. It’s not going to happen, so the whole tanking thing is some serious hopium. Best case scenario I see happening is cracking the Top 10 pick order. Top 5 is a pipe dream. Top 5 is needed to have any right to whisper the world “Bedard”.

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

You really think he had a decent game while on the ice for all the goals and terrible offensive plays? I don't want to imagine what you would call his bad games

no one had a good game, but Myers wasn't too bad.......not a lot a dman can do when your goalie is terrible.  He was skating well today, made some nice passes and was far from the issue.  Ultimately, it was coaching and goaltending sinking this team pretty evenly, now it's mostly goaltending, with a marginal improvement in coaching.

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Actually it isn't.

There's Garland, Boeser.

We're also not a Luke Schenn away from winning the cup?

While a second round pick typically doesn't turn into a quality NHL player, there is a laundry list of them who have. 

The more picks we have, the better the chances. 

While Garland and Boeser are tops of my list (along with Myers/OEL if we could ever find a taker), Schenn is a no brainer. Boeser/Garland would have been traded already if they had 2nd round pick value, but they don't. Unless we're retaining money, or taking a bad contract back. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Bad_BOI_pete said:

I think the canucks forwards had a great game near perfect... their goalie played great... we need to solidify our defence and get demko back to have any success.

Aside from trash defense, our goalies have all been trash with Delia being a bit better than Martin while Demko is injured and had a bad start early in the season. I think people also forget how terrible our goalies are while Demko is resting up. Even Wings backup is way better 

1 minute ago, stawns said:

no one had a good game, but Myers wasn't too bad.......not a lot a dman can do when your goalie is terrible.  He was skating well today, made some nice passes and was far from the issue.  Ultimately, it was coaching and goaltending sinking this team pretty evenly, now it's mostly goaltending, with a marginal improvement in coaching.

The only thing he did was skate a bit. I mean we were in their offensive zone for 2 minutes then the giraffe makes a pass to no one when wings were on their knees. Even my mom could have made a pass to a Canuck player or at least close to a Canuck player. Myers made a pass to an area where there was 3 red wings and no Canucks in sight. Then being on the ice with stillman on all those goals against just makes me want to throw acid in my eyes. Awful to watch.