The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | February (12-18) 2023

Rate this topic

Motte's a beast! 

What a fearless shot blocker, watching Ottawa game on one TV and Montreal on the other. 

Pemby's one of the best sports bars in Lower Mainland. 

26 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

@qwijibo you watching the Montreal game? 

Dach and Armia are looking really good out there. 

Dach is getting better by the game. I feel like Chicago is going to regret that trade for a long time.

Really liking what I’ve been seeing from Anderson lately too. Armia is always a mixed bag.  He looks great for a game or two. Them pulls a disappointing act.  He’s been good since coming back from injury though 

Edited by qwijibo

6 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Dach is getting better by the game. I feel like Chicago is going to regret that trade for a long time.

Really liking what I’ve been seeing from Anderson lately too. Armia is always a mixed bag.  He looks great for a game or two. Them pulls a disappointing act.  He’s been good since coming back from injury though 

If Canucks were a playoff contender, I would've loved to get Armia on the Canucks, but then this season happened. 

I haven't seen a lot of Canadiens games since they acquired Anderson, maybe 5-6 per year front to back, but Anderson always looks impressive on the ice. 

I feel like Montreal will look to add a veteran or two this summer. They have a slew of young players and more draft picks stashed in the future.  Do you think they make a playoff push for 2023-24? 

13 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

If Canucks were a playoff contender, I would've loved to get Armia on the Canucks, but then this season happened. 

I haven't seen a lot of Canadiens games since they acquired Anderson, maybe 5-6 per year front to back, but Anderson always looks impressive on the ice. 

I feel like Montreal will look to add a veteran or two this summer. They have a slew of young players and more draft picks stashed in the future.  Do you think they make a playoff push for 2023-24? 

Tough to say. They’re in a really tough division.  I’m loving what thier young guys are showing and they still have some really good prospects coming as early as next season.  We could see guys like Mailloux, Stauber, Beck Farrell get a look next year.  Plus Hutson, their version of Quinn  is tearing up the NCAA as a freshman. I think it’s going to hinge on the development of guys like Slafkovsky, Guhle, Harris, Xhekaj and Barron. plus who they bring  in To replace Drouin/Dadonov. 

Injuries have played a big part the last 2 years too. They set a record for man games lost last season and are near the top of the league again this year.  

Overall they have a bright future (plus 2 more top 15 picks this season).  Pushing for playoffs next season might be a stretch. But who knows what MSL can get out of whatever lineup they ice next season.  

Edited by qwijibo

46 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Tough to say. They’re in a really tough division.  I’m loving what thier young guys are showing and they still have some really good prospects coming as early as next season.  We could see guys like Mailloux, Stauber, Beck Farrell get a look next year.  Plus Hutson, their version of Quinn  is tearing up the NCAA as a freshman. I think it’s going to hinge on the development of guys like Slafkovsky, Guhle, Harris, Xhekaj and Barron. plus who they bring  in To replace Drouin/Dadonov. 

Injuries have played a big part the last 2 years too. They set a record for man games lost last season and are near the top of the league again this year.  

Overall they have a bright future (plus 2 more top 15 picks this season).  Pushing for playoffs next season might be a stretch. But who knows what MSL can get out of whatever lineup they ice next season.  

Thanks for that, nothing replaces.talking to someone that follows the team closely. 

Btw I have a small bone to pick with you, however I feel that the same is true of me in terms of Canucks. 

You overrate Montreal players by about 10% when it comes to talks of trades, potential, etc.  

I might do the same by 15% lol 

27 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Wow; A clean hit starts a fight. Josh Anderson gets the decision over Connor Murphy. He also got the instigator minor..on top of his major.

Habs are a much better team now that Mighty Mouse isn’t playing. Interesting.