The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Red Wings trade Filip Hronek, 2023 4th-round pick to Canucks for conditional 2023 1st-round pick (NYI), 2023 2nd-round pick

11 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

He has never scored 40 points in a NHL season.

Last season 34 points in 75 games.

He played in a defensive system.

He now plays with players that suit his play.

If you go by the metric 1 million for every 10 points that makes him just around his current contract. 

Like I stated lock him up now before he can demand more.

This also helps if you trade him sometime in the future. 

What can we lose by trying to do this ?

If this is true, then how did OEL ever get an $8 million contract?   :frantic:

• Huggy Bear 2

9 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Kind of numb saying bye to that NYI 1st, and the 2nd. Don't know much about Hronek. Is this good for VAN?

Hughes - Hronek

It's great for our D. It was costly and I wish it was 1st and a 3rd. But it's a million times better than when Benning traded a 9th overall pick for OEL

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Warhippy said:

So I mean great we got an undersized middle of the road right defenseman. And all we had to do is give up our shot at reinbacher for it. Oh, and a second round pick because hey who needs draft picks right.

I don't hate it but I absolutely do not love it it seems like a wild overpayment in a really bad time of year to be making trades of this nature

He isn't middle of the road D. He is Wings 2nd best dman after Seider and he is young with term. How can Canucks fix their top 4 because it sure as hell they won't be able to draft all their Ds

• There it is 1

10 minutes ago, mordekai said:

Yea you should just go listen to his podcast or this 

Some solid quotes from both, but... 

"They need to exercise more patient this season and next, in my humble opinion" sticks out

They are both pro canucks and diplomatic. Sounds to me like they don't like the deal. 

Just now, Ilunga said:

You just can't seem to get your facts straight. 

In 2024- 25 when his current contract runs out, he will be a UFA, we can offer him what we want. 

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canucks

He's an RFA after his current deal according to what everyone had said. What facts do I not have straight.

Also a UFA would be significantly worse so what point are you trying to make?

• Upvote 1

here's an interesting podcast from Red Wings fans. they think Hronek is just as good as Chychrun and more durable. watch from the 6 minute mark. 

after watching his some of his highlights, It seems like Hronek has a better, more accurate and harder shot than Quinn. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HKSR said:

Again... is this the right kind of RHD?  We clearly need a solid defensive LHD now to play next to him.

So defensive RHD and defensive LHD needed.

We needed another offensive D man be ause OEL and Myers are trash and Bear is not a quality offense dman the Canucks need in the top 4. None of Bear, OEL or Myers would be able to crack Wings top 4  it Hroenik was their top 2

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

You just can't seem to get your facts straight. 

In 2024- 25 when his current contract runs out, he will be a UFA, we can offer him what we want. 

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canucks

"He will be a RFA at the end of the 2023-24 season when he is 26 years old"

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/filip-hronek

The f*ck you talking about.

We can offer UFAs whatever we want, but they can say no and just walk to free agency. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If this is true, then how did OEL ever get an $8 million contract?   :frantic:

Good bloody question ! 

Bit Different with D- men though...if they can actually defend as well as score.

• Huggy Bear 1

Just now, awalk said:

"He will be a RFA at the end of the 2023-24 season when he is 26 years old"

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/filip-hronek

The f*ck you talking about.

We can offer UFAs whatever we want, but they can say no and just walk to free agency. :lol:

I have been talking about Beau, my first post of this conversation that you actually replied to.

Just now, awalk said:

What? 

This is a thread about Hronek

Why are you talking about Beau, bro.

I was replying to someone else that I was having a conversation with about Beau. 

I was not aware there is a rule about talking about other players in certain threads.

Doesn't seem to be in other threads.

Just now, Ilunga said:

I was replying to someone else that I was having a conversation with about Beau. 

I was not aware there is a rule about talking about other players in certain threads.

Doesn't seem to be in other threads.

Ah 

Carry on...I guess?

Edited by awalk