The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Red Wings trade Filip Hronek, 2023 4th-round pick to Canucks for conditional 2023 1st-round pick (NYI), 2023 2nd-round pick

18 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Nobody claimed it was good value. It's what the market is....

This debate all started when someone made the claim that we would all have believed we would have to add in a hypothetical Hronek for Horvat trade. I stated that I certainly would not have felt that way. That was point that you started in with the "Horvat is garbage" narrative.

According to a highly respected NHL GM, it's your opinion that's garbage.

Who said he’s garbage? I sure didn’t. 

I said he’s a 30 goal / 50 point 2c that’s currently WAY overpaid. 

Big difference between that and “garbage”. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

Xx Bear

QH Hronek

OEL "Schenn type"

There, in the top two

I’m wondering if we even keep Bear. If we do sign Livingston, I’d say Bear is either let go or offered a very team friendly contract. 

Hughes Livingston 

OEL Hronek

Dermott Myers

Burr. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

Xx Bear

QH Hronek

OEL "Schenn type"

There, in the top two

I smell Demko getting hurt for being overworked again with that D core. 

Team needs a Ryan Graves type. He has been used with offensive guys a lot the past few seasons and we have a couple in Hronek/Hughes. He can play either side too. 

But we have no cap and will have to sacrifice to clear any in the short term. 

3 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

What year are you looking at Horvats numbers? like you are way off the path brother.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m wondering if we even keep Bear. If we do sign Livingston, I’d say Bear is either let go or offered a very team friendly contract. 

Hughes Livingston 

OEL Hronek

Dermott Myers

Burr. 

Bear can make OEL tradeable. even if we retain, its cheaper than a buyout. OEL looks better with Bear. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, EastCoastNucks said:

What year are you looking at Horvats numbers? like you are way off the path brother.

Most players have a career year. Bo is having one this year. Take out the career year and Bo is a 50-60 point guy. In his games with the Islanders he’s back to his 50-60 point pace. 68 million is a heck of a lot to pay for a 50-60 point guy, who is only average defensively. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EastCoastNucks said:

Bear can make OEL tradeable. even if we retain, its cheaper than a buyout. OEL looks better with Bear. 

OEL is either bought out or plays with Hronek on our second pairing. Bear is up for a new contract. We will see if he takes a team friendly deal. If he does, then we keep him. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Most players have a career year. Bo is having one this year. Take out the career year and Bo is a 50-60 point guy. In his games with the Islanders he’s back to his 50-60 point pace. 68 million is a heck of a lot to pay for a 50-60 point guy, who is only average defensively. 

Yeah, but we were only paying him 5... what do you think of the OEL contract? Myers? We got a good trade to get a good forward and now a good defenseman as well for someone who deserved more than what we were willing to spend. But does that mean he is not worth 8.5? worth every penny

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

OEL is either bought out or plays with Hronek on our second pairing. Bear is up for a new contract. We will see if he takes a team friendly deal. If he does, then we keep him. 

any idea what a buyout on OEL looks like, for cap hit for rest of contract? Bear can be had for a 1.2 mil. a tenth of OEL. maybe the same doctors that helped Pearson can help out OEL

• There it is 1

I think OEL gets bought out in the summer and we walk away from Dermott and Bear if we sign Livingstone. I think we land Gavrikov in free agency, we would be an attractive destination for him with all the Russians we have and an opening in the top 4. 

the bottom pair right now is looking good, I like the Wolanin/Burroughs pairing, they both can skate and Burr gives us some toughness on the backend.

Hughes - Livingstone

Gavrikov - Hronek

Wolanin - Burroughs

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

I think OEL gets bought out in the summer and we walk away from Dermott and Bear if we sign Livingstone. I think we land Gavrikov in free agency, we would be an attractive destination for him with all the Russians we have and an opening in the top 4. 

the bottom pair right now is looking good, I like the Wolanin/Burroughs pairing, they both can skate and Burr gives us some toughness on the backend.

Hughes - Livingstone

Gavrikov - Hronek

Wolanin - Burroughs

how did you get rid of both the OEL contract and the Myers contract? You obvious are a CAP genious. Canucks should put you on staff

13 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

Yeah, but we were only paying him 5... what do you think of the OEL contract? Myers? We got a good trade to get a good forward and now a good defenseman as well for someone who deserved more than what we were willing to spend. But does that mean he is not worth 8.5? worth every penny

OEL is grossly overpaid as is Myers. Don’t know what that has to do with Bo getting grossly overpaid by Lou Lam. 

Hronek is 25 and an awesome right shot D. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

OEL is grossly overpaid as is Myers. Don’t know what that has to do with Bo getting grossly overpaid by Lou Lam. 

Hronek is 25 and an awesome right shot D. 

my point is if OEL is worth what we are paying, how is Horvat not worth 8.5? you know we are paying OEL 10. Yes, yotes covered 5 mil on the first year.

we have been paying myers over 6. we have paid Horvat 5 or less for like 8 years.

Hronek is worth 5, we took his contract.

He will be great, but greater than Horvat? No, not on his own. But we also got Beau. Who is back to his groove and so we have two players costing us almost 10 mil.

combined, they are worth more than Bo Horvat.

but dont go spouting that Bo isnt a superstar. He is still in the top 10 in goals.

3 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

my point is if OEL is worth what we are paying, how is Horvat not worth 8.5? you know we are paying OEL 10. Yes, yotes covered 5 mil on the first year.

we have been paying myers over 6. we have paid Horvat 5 or less for like 8 years.

Hronek is worth 5, we took his contract.

He will be great, but greater than Horvat? No, not on his own. But we also got Beau. Who is back to his groove and so we have two players costing us almost 10 mil.

combined, they are worth more than Bo Horvat.

but dont go spouting that Bo isnt a superstar. He is still in the top 10 in goals.

Bo isn’t a superstar. Bo is a good player and a very nice person. Easy to be a fan of Bo. 

26 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

As already mentioned, the Islanders are a defense first team....but the fact remains, he is their leading scorer ATM.

As far as being "WAY overpaid"....contracts are negotiated based on comparables. Guys with similar deals include Tomas Hertl, Mika Zibanejad and Filip Forsberg. Of those three, the only one with better numbers than Bo is MZ....and he plays on a much better offensive team.

54 minutes ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

Xx Bear

QH Hronek

OEL "Schenn type"

There, in the top two

… or don’t bother qualifying him.  He is a 3rd pairing D and will be asking for more money than he is worth.  We have to save money to re-sign Hroken now at a several million dollar raise soon.

5 minutes ago, Provost said:

… or don’t bother qualifying him.  He is a 3rd pairing D and will be asking for more money than he is worth.  We have to save money to re-sign Hroken now at a several million dollar raise soon.

If Hronek gets a “several” million dollar (on the cap) raise then we will be looking really good at the end of next season.