The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Curtis Lazar to Devils for 2024 4th-round pick

Just now, DefCon1 said:

They shit the bed last year and this off season so now they want to clear cap space and fix some mistakes. They are over the cap next year so this had to be done. They still need to trade Boeser, Pearson, Poolman and Myers

Lazar only makes 1 million. This wasn't about cap, he just didn't fit in like we'd hoped. I'm guessing Tocchet had some input and said that he could go.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Well said!  Just wait until we have to resign EP40 and the new Detroit kid (the one we overpaid for yesterday - wasting a 1st AND a 2nd on) in 2024 !

Give it a rest. Don't create something that isn't there. That's a very average cost (some could argue lower than average cost) to obtain a top 4 RHD.

Hronek can take some of Myers money after next season. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Are you serious?

Get over it.

Well said because it will certainly be serious next year when we have to try and resign these two.   Just park this thread in your back pocket and we'll discuss this again next year when reality sets in.  My money says those two alone will eat-up 17-18% of our cap if they play up to expectations and are resigned.   Pastrnak just signed for $11.2M so EP40 will very likely get at least that in his new contract.  Believe me it ain't as silly as you'd think!  Time will tell.........

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

They shit the bed last year and this off season so now they want to clear cap space and fix some mistakes. They are over the cap next year so this had to be done. They still need to trade Boeser, Pearson, Poolman and Myers

Please, please, please! Looks like Garland is on the block too. 

5 minutes ago, combover said:

Can we trade that 4th for a fringe nhler who we can waive or buyout next year? 

just trying to stick with the “plan”

You have to try players and give them a chance. Every team does it. It’s basic business. Not everyone you bring in is going to work. You don’t understand that, Nostradamus?

46 minutes ago, Tower102 said:

I don't understand our fan base. Everyone clamors for draft picks, get all the picks we can. Trade everyone for picks. Then when we do, all of a sudden its only a 4th so whats the point. Lazar is a nothing, easily replaceable, doesn't move the needle any direction. Why would we not take the free shot with the pick.

5 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Lazar only makes 1 million. This wasn't about cap, he just didn't fit in like we'd hoped. I'm guessing Tocchet had some input and said that he could go.

It could be about cap…hard to predict how it’s going to be used next.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

It could be about cap…hard to predict how it’s going to be used next.

I don't need you frightening me. It could go well. Or they could marry themselves to mediocracy and cap prison.

And people are worried about keeping Hughes and Petey. Be buyers with a bad team? They might like it, but in a year or two, well.....

• Cheers 1

Of course it’s about cap. 

Sadly this so called retool that currently leaves us over the cap and with depleted draft capital will IMO cause us to once again simply play around the fringes of this roster once again, just like the previous management.

18 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Well said!  Just wait until we have to resign EP40 and the new Detroit kid (the one we overpaid for yesterday - wasting a 1st AND a 2nd on) in 2024 !

Why don't you tell everyone what RHD you would have been planning on drafting this year with the NYI 1st or the 2nd we traded?

Then you will need to say with 100% certainty this this unknown player will be a 0.5ppg producing RHD. Won't get injured, will have perfect development etc.

Because management can't predict the future any more than you can, THATs why they got Hronek.

A bird in the hand and all that.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I didn't notice any "Tears" in his voice............................

He just got a ..............................image.jpeg.53dacbd31c5699cd4427e62bbb744788.jpeg                Lucky guy! Leaving See Ya GIF by NFL

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ronthecivil said:

I don't need you frightening me. It could go well. Or they could marry themselves to mediocracy and cap prison.

And people are worried about keeping Hughes and Petey. Be buyers with a bad team? They might like it, but in a year or two, well.....

This organization feels likes they purposely do the opposite of every other team and that they could care less it if works just as long as they are different with no real purpose as to why they do things that are puzzling. It feels more like "hey we did something different than everyone else and that makes us special." It just means your really really foolish and bring the problems that come along with that thinking on yourselves. It feels like an Aquillini issue.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, ronthecivil said:

We aren’t a good team as a whole but our O is pretty damn good in comparison. Can’t argue that point.

we need overhaul on the backend and that has started. Let’s see what we have as a roster come camp. If next year proves to be as abysmal, then there should be real discussion about what an EP or QH or both might fetch us. 
still too early to judge what this team can pull off with a whole offseason to work around.

• Cheers 1