The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Trade Day Edition

Rate this topic

Warhippy

34 minutes ago, EB43 said:

This team has no direction.. hard to follow a team that’s lost.

Humm.....I think the team has a lot of direction, it just doesn't coincide with the REBUILD at all cost mentality of certain fans. This new FO, though I detest their treatment of people and process, have done what they have said now, with the exception of cap space. They never said they were going to go into tank mode and sell the team; just "retool". Not stockpile picks, but trade assets for other mid 20 assets; have to say they did that this offseason.

Looking at the team now, they are a C and a couple D pieces off. We have tons of depth at wing, and they have done a sneaky good job at back filling our talent pool. Are they A+ blue chippers...no, but we at least have a bunch of B-B+ guys now.

So, for the offseason:

- Draft a C in draft (hopefully top 3!)

- Trade Myers (if possible without retention or just ride him out)

- MUST Trade Boeser and/or Garland to open up cap space

- Trade/Sign a good 3rd pair LHD

- Trade/Sign a good 2/3 pair RHD

- Resign Schenn

With a healthy Demko, that will give us a decent base for a good team; can compliment that group with FA/trades in 2024. 

31 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Gove them a C-. Can't wait fir this management to get the can. 

more on the ownership compared to the management.

we have a president, a gm and like 50 other agms and its not been much different at all compared to the two headed monster of benning and weisbrod.

we can go all the way back to the gillis days. information came out that he wanted to rebuild and aquilini said no. 

all fingers point to that clown at the top of the pyramid.

with ownership like this, any new management group no matter who, will be sticking to the status quo. 

Edited by PetterssonOrPeterson
  • Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Maybe they can circle back to the Pens in the summer.

They’ll have to deal with a new GM at that point though.

PLEASE LET IT BE JIM BENNING PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

• Haha 4

I know that everyone wanted big moves made. And I have made my statements about a couple of them very clear.

But at days end, we added a right shooting defenseman. We added a pretty solid left wing player. We added two good prospects, or at least they appear to be promising.

We also added a couple of mid round picks over the next couple seasons.

While we traded no really big names and while we did not shed any significant amount of cap space. We certainly were not inactive as a team over the past two weeks.

I believe we all wanted to see more done, and we are all a little in question or at least semi-supportive of trading with Detroit for a defenseman. It's hard to grade this is anything more than entirely vanilla at best.

Edit **

Possibly the worst thing about this trade deadline day and the build up to it, was knowing everything that needed to be done that wasn't. Hearing management say the exact same things we all were saying and then turn around and do the exact opposite. We spent 10 years almost hearing this from the previous Management group and we have turned around and are doing the same things and hearing the same things while doing contrary things with this new management group.

Hard not to be a little frustrated for sure

Edited by Warhippy
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1