The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Anaheim Ducks at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 08, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

18 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

New Drance narrative. He's saying that Toccets Coyotes were low event hockey. And this last game against the Ducks was the first example of what Tocchet hockey is 

I don't like Drance but i actually agree with him on this.

Tocchet will make the team check better and defend better (well as long as oel and myers don't play too much). The downside is that we're going to lose scoring and petey's line will be the main one. 

He has already changed his mind about players playing too much and about who should be on the pk.

They are all in win now mode which will get us closer to a playoff team but nothing more. I fundamentally disagree with their direction, i have to agree with drance about the next two drafts being full of bc stars who the canucks are ignoring, BUT that's how it's going to be until they all get fired. Just have to appreciate the guys they have and be ok with more waiting.

• Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

New Drance narrative. He's saying that Toccets Coyotes were low event hockey. And this last game against the Ducks was the first example of what Tocchet hockey is 

New Eeeeeeeergh narrative: Drance is bald. This last Drance narrative was the first example of how hairless Drance is. 

• Haha 2

On 3/8/2023 at 9:48 PM, CanuckFan1123 said:

We were never gonna get Bedard anyway. We will still get a good pick. It’s nice to see us playing good hockey! It’s fun! 

I wouldn't say last night was good hockey. It was riddled with mistakes on both sides, and if we have to go to OT to get by a feeble Ducks team then we are still a long way from where we need to be.

4 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

I'm not Drance nor do I listen to him but he is probably right about this. When we hired Tocchet, this was the direction that they wanted to go.

But winning beats losing so as long as we are winning, it doesn't matter if it's 3-2 or 2-1.

It's a problem though if we lose 2-1 or 3-2.

With Petey reaching his new level and with Kuz, Miller, Hughes, I don't think we will have too much problem scoring 2 to 3 goals a game. 

• There it is 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Watching an Oscar nominated comedy, sequel ... Wet Blanket Crew 2: Temple of Gloom. 

I haven’t seen that one yet . No spoilers please. 
Might I suggest , for the dis-satisfied types, the highly acclaimed 1957 academy award winning epic “Bridge Over The River Cry”. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Canucks-12 said:

I don’t think tanking matters at this point. If we’re meant to get Bedard then we’ll win the draft lottery at even at #10 spot.

Otherwise we’ll get a pretty good player between picks #6-10. 

Nicely put - if it is meant to be we will be get selected regardless of the odds - as its still a lottery.

Great they have winning mentality - Will they win so much  while other teams are tanking on purpose, that we fall out of the bottom 11 group and have zero chance of selection - hopefully not. They can try hard but don't start overplaying  key players so that it hurts their progress coming this fall when it will really matter.- just play them as usual as done earlier in the year. It is not as if some of these veteran players need to prove themselves - we are auditioning new players not key veterans.

Its funny how in Vancouver, all this talk about tanking etc but no such talk in other cities when it is clearly some teams are positioning (and seriously tanking) themselves to have best odds for this draw. Go Canucks!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Obviously Drance put lots of thought into this to come up with such a clever narrative…

except that the team is scoring  at a 3.44 goals per game under RikTok in 18 games compared to 3.35 with Bruce.
Hmmm…2 six goal games, 3 five goal games, and 5 four goal games out of 18 so got it, low event hockey after a one game trend.

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Obviously Drance put lots of thought into this to come up with such a clever narrative…

except that the team is scoring  at a 3.44 goals per game under RikTok in 18 games compared to 3.35 with Bruce.
Hmmm…2 six goal games, 3 five goal games, and 5 four goal games out of 18 so got it, low event hockey after a one game trend.

He graduated from the David Pratt Academy of Stir the Pot.

• Cheers 2

33 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Apparently it is a done deal, signed off by Aquilini.  The change was agreed to as part of the Kuzmenko signing.  The Gavrikov deal has already been finalized as well...

I was born at night but not last night. 

That abomination looks like something a 4 year old  drew up with crayons and finger paint. 

• Cheers 3