The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Chuck Fletcher out as Flyers GM and President, Daniel Briere to Serve as Interim GM

Rate this topic

15 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Danny Brière was always a respectable figure off the ice and an absurdly clutch player on the ice.  But now this: 

The apple falls FAR from the tree, unfortunately.  He immediately got kicked off the team.

Nice, another great for hockey culture...

11 minutes ago, Citizen Erased said:

Have there been other horrible incidents I’m not aware of? 

Nothing as obscene as this one, that anyone knows of. 

He was let go of from Arizona for partying too much. 

He got a second chance to turn things around at Mercyhurst….before pushing the wheelchair of a double amputee down a flight of stairs. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Carson Briere, son of Flyers GM Danny, charged for pushing wheelchair down stairs

Published March 20, 2023 8:41 p.m. ET

By The Associated Press

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/carson-briere-son-of-flyers-gm-danny-charged-for-pushing-wheelchair-down-stairs-1.6321531

Why would even a drunk person push a wheelchair down a flight of stairs? Beyond strange. Would this guy push a shopping cart down a flight of stairs? How about an office chair? Beyond weird. 

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, mll said:

I think Torts regularly oversteps his role as coach when he starts talking about needing to move players publicaly. That tweet definitely gave me flashbacks to the end of his tenure with the Canucks. 

But on a side note, can we poach Laughton to be our 3C?

• 4 weeks later...