The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Los Angeles Kings | Mar. 18, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Crazy to think there were Demko trade rumours. This team would be so washed without him. We've got Demko and Silovs putting up 40 save performances at the same time, not many teams have been this lucky with goalies through the pipeline consistently. Our absolute trash defence gets bailed out again. I know we limited high danger chances but there was a point in the game we were getting out shot like 36 to 8. 

Got to wonder, if Demko was healthy all season, Bruce would probably still have a job and we'd be right there in wild card contention.

The difference between Tocchet hockey and BB's loose style is there to see, but at the end of the day I think it's so much more minor compared to the goaltending we're receiving right now compared to the disasterclass Martin, Delia and an injured Demko dropped.

5 hours ago, Seannnp said:

Lmao broooooooo for the umpteenth time players do not tank!!!!! Are you selectively reading or something? You want the team to tank, you want to post it here in an open forum! Thats great, no one has the right to stop you but im assuming you come here to create dialogue and debate. You cant simply ignore the other side. Unless, this forum is like a personal journal/diary for you to vent in which case I will skip your posts in the future and just think to myself “i hope hes okay” when/if the Canucks draft 12th. 

Oh no. Don't skip my posts. What am I to do? Good on you. You will be missed. I don't think I have ever said tank. Ever. So maybe you have selective reading or something. Too funny.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

5 hours ago, FaninMex said:

I am sorry as I normally just ignore your incessant whining about wins but these constant GIFs about nobody caring in reply to a poster is a new low. Are you feeling ok? Maybe you should take a break from the board?

So is talking about a persons mental health when you have no idea who they are personally. Lol. Hockey is just that, hockey. If you think it leads to a psychotic breakdown that's your issue not mine. I think it's humorous  and sad at the same time the tactics people try to get people to stop posting. Rather pathetic but hey that's the way you roll I guess.

51 minutes ago, dougieL said:

I heard that. What else is he supposed to say, especially after management already made the win-now moves? That he's okay with going through a short rebuild for the good of the long term? Come on - let's be real here.

And of course every player wants to win now, but you know what players want more? A long window during which they have a legitimate chance to win the Cup.

We have Demko, Petey, Hughes as core pieces. We can add Miller to not upset Deb. Then we added Hronek so 2 d that are strong and we will agree on though I say OEL will play better after injury and partnered with Hronek instead of the Roaming Giraffe. We have had some nice revelations with Joshua, Aman, Wolaian (SP), and I have also enjoyed watching Burroughs paired with him. We also have some interesting guys coming up like Jurmo  So, how far off are we? How much more do we need? 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

So is talking about a persons mental health when you have no idea who they are personally. Lol. Hockey is just that, hockey. If you think it leads to a psychotic breakdown that's your issue not mine. I think it's humourous the tactics people try to get people to stop posting. Rather pathetic but hey that's the way you roll I guess.

I did not tell you to stop posting. I said I worry for your sanity as the quality of posts has been deteriorating. Reading comprehension is a problem with some, I guess.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

We have Demko, Petey, Hughes as core pieces. We can add Miller to not upset Deb. Then we added Hronek so 2 d that are strong and we will agree on though I say OEL will play better after injury and partnered with Hronek instead of the Roaming Giraffe. We have had some nice revelations with Joshua, Aman, Wolaian (SP), and I have also enjoyed watching Burroughs paired with him. We also have some interesting guys coming up like Jurmo  So, how far off are we? How much more do we need? 

Kuzmenko is proving he's a core player too.   He's pulling a Panarin right now.   Anyone scoring at a 40 goal pace is valuable.   This kid is fun to watch too, and like his smile.  

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

I did not tell you to stop posting. I said I worry for your sanity as the quality of posts has been deteriorating. Reading comprehension is a problem with some, I guess.

Well that's just your opinion. I think there are quite a few on here who have said the same sort of things. I guess we are all wrong. You are right. Deteriorating from what. Lol. You very funny. The fact you feel you are the judge of people's posts being of quality or not. Posting on here  has nothing to do with one's sanity.   I guess there are quite a few insane people on here. We all need PHDs and treatment. Too funny. What is this a session? 
the office therapy GIF

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Kuzmenko is proving he's a core player too.   He's pulling a Panarin right now.   Anyone scoring at a 40 goal pace is valuable.   This kid is fun to watch too, and like his smile.  

Don't know why I forgot him. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Well that's just your opinion. I think there are quite a few on here who have said the same sort of things. I guess we are all wrong. You are right. Deteriorating from what. Lol. You very funny. The fact you feel you are the judge of people's posts being of quality or not. Posting on here  has nothing to do with one's sanity.   I guess there are quite a few insane people on here. We all need PHDs and treatment. Too funny.

This is why I normally just ignore and skip over your posts.

3 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

This is why I normally just ignore and skip over your posts.

Good on you. Please continue to do so if it bothers you that much. I guess you feel the need to tell everyone that. I don't know why. You looking for people to join in with you? It seems like the only reason you would tell me this or post it to the group. Anyways back to hockey talk.

16 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Joshua, Aman, Wolanin, Burroughs, and Jurmo are not even close to being difference makers. If you think we're done adding star power and only need to fill out the fringes to be a Cup contender, I would strongly disagree. Why would a team not want to add a cheap, high end piece, for free, in this year's draft? As many people have said here, the top 5 are very likely to be difference makers. That's they type of piece we need. Hughes, Demko, and Pettersson are not that elite in comparison to other `cores' around the league. They may be really good, but not elite.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, dougieL said:

Joshua, Aman, Wolanin, Burroughs, and Jurmo are not even close to being difference makers. If you think we're done adding star power and only need to fill out the fringes to be a Cup contender, I would strongly disagree. Why would a team not want to add a cheap, high end piece, for free, in this year's draft? As many people have said here, the top 5 are very likely to be difference makers. That's they type of piece we need. Hughes, Demko, and Pettersson are not that elite in comparison to other `cores' around the league. They may be really good, but not elite.

Good enough to keep the Canucks from being bad enough to land a top 5 pick :bigblush:

5 minutes ago, dougieL said:

As long as Aquillini can figure out ways to shortcut the organizations way just to make the playoffs for that all important revenue he will continue to do so. For the amount of impatience he's shown all these years it seems weird that he keeps trying the same thing and expecting different results.

7 minutes ago, dougieL said:

Agreed.   This is what some ppl on this board dont understand.   The "core" is average at best when compared to others.  It needs 3 or 4 more players.  The only way it can be done is through the draft and this was the draft to do it in. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Let the haters be miserable. It's fun to laugh at their misery while we savor the delectable taste of victory. 

First. You laugh at others misery? I don't know why you would take gratification in that? Second. What exactly is this team winning or won?  I guess you can have that delectable taste if you enjoy their reoccurring year end winning steaks. If that's the ultimate standard you have set for this organization. Most want a Stanley cup. Third. Who is in misery? You would have to know them personally to really tell if they were in misery. A post really doesn't tell anyone much about someone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Agreed.   This is what some ppl on this board dont understand.   The "core" is average at best when compared to others.  It needs 3 or 4 more players.  The only way it can be done is through the draft and this was the draft to do it in. 

Well the d is nowhere near nhl calibre. At least they should address that first. They just ran it back expecting different results. They are starting to with Bear and Hronek. They just need to find a way  to get rid of Myers and OEL contracts. 

• There it is 1

24 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

And, at what cost? 

IMO, I wouldn't make any major moves on D until we give these guys a shot. 

Plus, you can add Johansson, Juulsen, Bear and Brisebois to the list, as well.