The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars | Mar. 25, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, Rubik said:

it hurts to know that Calgary and/or Winnipeg will make the playoffs, while the Canucks play much better hockey at this time of the season.

We all know Canucks play their best in April :emot-parrot:

Remember the bubble playoffs

Well the thing is picks are not always what they seem.

Bedard could be the next Alexander Daigle. 

I doubt it but again at our spot could get the best of the draft. 

I doubt that.

Long as we get a good player that can help I will be happy.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I have feeling Reinbacher will be gone before we pick if we're in the 9 to 13 spot. Pellikka would be great but Wood or Moore would be hard to pass on too if they are available. 

I haven't really liked Pellika at all... Anybody but him for me... 

Watch him turn into the next Quinn now haha 

1 hour ago, SergioMomesso said:

Win or lose. People just have to complain. Even if we end up bottom 3, I would bet my last dollar, we drop 2 spots and a team like the Flyers or Yotes will end up 1 and 2. Let’s just enjoy what’s happening now and hope the management can find some cap relief and have some young players step up (Kravtsov and Podz) and be solid contributors at the top level. 

Kind of like 2017.  At least we got Pettersson out of that lottery debacle.

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I haven't really liked Pellika at all... Anybody but him for me... 

Watch him turn into the next Quinn now haha 

It's actually hard for me to get excited about the draft knowing we'll most likely climb up the standings. Think I'm at the point where I'm more excited about next season assuming we can replicate what we're doing now at the start of next season 

2 hours ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

I'm starting to watch the Canucks games again, because they're playing a game worth watching. Darn!! There goes team Tank

Can they take this team play into the next season when it will really matters?

Playing a good 25 games when it doesn't matter wont cut it anymore. 10 years of this routine.

Not much point being on team tank now, but still think they'll need to make significant moves to get themselves in the playoffs next. year.

I think moving Boeser and Myers allows us to add some players like Barbeshev and a Dman 

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hronek is way better. And no. M drinking heavily. So n meds needed. 
amd don’t be so gullible ad to believe the hype, Seider isn’t nearly as good as Hronek. He might develop into a very good layer. But right now zHronek is a lot better. Just look at how Detroit is doing without Hronek and relying on Seider to okay the minutes Hronek played. They stink without Hronek. 

Drunk Head First GIF by Barstool Sports

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Yes, I would love to have the 5th or 6th pick in the draft, but

9. Reinbacher (RHD)

10. Pellikka (RHD)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

11. Wood (RW)

12. Cristall (LW)

13. Moore (C)

14. Gulyayev (LHD)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

15. Leonard (RW)

16. Danielson (C)

17. Dragicevic (RHD)

18. Heidt  (C)

I don't necessarily want wingers, but I would be happy, with any of the others, and would probably be happy with Cristall as well.

Is it ideal? No, but I am not going to beat myself up about it.

There's been a ton of hype surrounding this draft.  Other than the top 4, don't be surprised if the rest of the draft does not live up to that hype.

24 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

They're going to end up picking in the 8-10 range and will still get a good player.  The thing is, the core of the team is 23-27 and players drafted in the upcoming draft are 17-18 and the core will be in decline when players from this draft will be getting into their prime.  

I hope we stay in the 8 to 10 range. 

This 17-18 year old that we pick could be a key young piece coming in on a cheap ELC as a 21 year old right when Petey is 27 and Quinn is 26. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

It’s a lot better to trade Garlsnd and buyout OEL. 

I think Garland and Myers will be traded in the off-season. I think Boeser is going to stay. He’s having a bit of a renaissance under Tocchet. Hell, everyone is killing it under Tocchet. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, coho8888 said:

There's been a ton of hype surrounding this draft.  Other than the top 4, don't be surprised if the rest of the draft does not live up to that hype.

I will bet you one shinny dollar, this is proven a good draft in 5 years. 

2 hours ago, Sepultura said:

I hope you people are happy when our 11th overall pick gets 15 goals on the 3rd line in Abbotsford in 5 years. What a stupid team

Canucks aren't a bottom 5 team. They never were, only reason they played bad early is due to no Demko and no defensive structure. We are actually a playoff team with the right coach and our #1 goalie playing. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, J.I.A.H.N said:

I think we have to really think through moving Boeser. He is a pretty good RW. I am more inclined to move Garland.

Bingo and Bingo was his name - Oh!

Boeser is a guy who is a okay driver. He can play a heavy game, Harland is a Smurf and another of the Benning mistakes. Buyout OEL and dumperoo Gatlsnd. End the Benning craperolla.